Woman finds what appears to be a statue inside a broken lawn gnome

Woman Finds a Mysterious Surprise Inside Garden Gnome Statue!

Heather Andrews from Tennessee has a friend who always gives her garden gnomes. They're gag gifts that aren't usually newsworthy -- but this time, a $20 gnome is causing quite a stir.

After dropping and breaking it on her driveway, Heather peeked inside ... and what she saw looked an awful lot like a religious statue. It appeared to be bearded and wearing a robe. It appears to be fused to the bottom of the gnome.

"People have told me that gnomes represent guardians of treasure," Heather said. " That may be his treasure ... inside him." Heather decided to start a Facebook page to see it other people have had experiences like this. She named the gnome Pete, and now he's got quite a following.

"I don't know how to explain it to people because if I say I saw Jesus in a gnome they think I'm crazy," Andrews told The Clarion-Ledger.

Heather decided to break open all her other garden gnomes to see if there were other surprises hidden inside. Unfortunately, there were no other statue-in-statue finds (and now she probably needs to rebuild her collection).

According to WSMV the gnome came from Target, but there's no way to know if it's a wild manufacturing fluke or something created on purpose. "The anatomy on the body looks feminine to me, but I don't know. I am just biased to it, I guess," Heather told WSMV.

alsoran1 May 22 2014 at 3:32 PM

Never say you see Jesus lest he come and heal you! Remain ignorant girl. I see Christ in the clouds, the trees, in the formation of rocks and other natural occurrences. I see Jesus Christ in everything, and through everything. If that's crazy that that's ok with me. I mostly want to see Christ "in person" the moment I die... How about you?

teapotslvr May 22 2014 at 3:41 PM

Why is this newsworthy???

yeadon1999 May 22 2014 at 4:34 PM

I have a big garden frog that broke and two angels were found fused to the bottom.It's a holy frog now if you touch it you will be healed of everything except warts.

n3dnn May 22 2014 at 4:07 PM

It ws simply another casting, or part of one, inserted into the mold during casting. It is common practice to use filler pieces for support , and or to make up for the lack or short supply of the casting resin. It very well could be a religious figure or was at some point. The reality of such castings, is that the country of origin, be that China or some other third word country, usually adopt what we would call questionable practices to get the product out the door. Fill the order no matter what. It is a shame that this leads to people being exposed to toxic chemicals and all sorts of harmful substances which they will die from. That is another reason why we exported those kinds of jobs from the U.S.
We don't care who dies as long as we get our "stuff" at cheap prices. I hope it is a religious figure, and I pray it it watching over those poor souls who are just happy to have an income at all, no matter what the cost to their health.

PERFORATOR May 22 2014 at 4:56 PM

These sort of things sure do bring the gullible people on the run. Gnome sayin'?

yayabeanes PERFORATOR May 22 2014 at 9:03 PM

Damn gnomey I do.

Gina May 22 2014 at 4:51 PM

That's too funny.... then she broke open all her other gnomes to see if there were more surprises.. LOL At least it's a good find.. she could have found some horrible devil thing in there... I'd rather see Jesus!

Jason May 22 2014 at 3:21 PM

Someone pulled a little prank on the assembly line.

gordianpiusiii May 22 2014 at 5:34 PM

OMG...here we go. Every nut job in the world is going to see the Virgin Mary and start praying to it. Maybe this girl will get smart and auction it off on ebay for some outrageous sum of money.

temeculapaul May 22 2014 at 4:44 PM

Stillborn statuette.

LMetz11822 May 22 2014 at 10:43 PM

Its an "un-gnome" mystery. If it was blue I would have said it was just a Smurf hiding from Gargamel. Who knows maybe she found Jimmy Hoffa.

abellgirl LMetz11822 May 22 2014 at 11:09 PM

"UN-GNOME" HALARIOUS!!

debbie abellgirl May 23 2014 at 8:53 AM

i found a shoe in my closet how much do you think its worth

Flag +1 rate up