Pamela Anderson reveals shocking abuse in past

Pamela Anderson Reveals Childhood Sexual Abuse
Pamela Anderson revealed abuse Friday starting as far back as age 6 - telling a crowd the people who hurt her ranged from a babysitter to a group of teen boys.

The former Baywatch star was at Cannes Film Festival promoting her new animal charity, the Pamela Anderson Foundation, when she opened up to the audience about her childhood abuse.

CNN reports Anderson says she was molested by a female babysitter from ages 6 to 10, raped by a 25-year-old man when she was 12 and gang-raped by her then-boyfriend and six of his friends in ninth grade.

According to a transcript of the speech posted to her website, the 46-year-old said she never told anyone about the assaults, and adds, "I had a hard time trusting humans, I just wanted off this earth. ... To me, the world is not a safe place."

But Anderson says animals are what helped her through those dark times.

‚ÄčThe Daily Mirror reports she told the crowd at Cannes: "My [affinity] with animals saved me. ... My loyalty remained with the animal kingdom and I vowed to protect them and only them."

Anderson later tweeted, "I want people to know they can overcome and prosper with love."

Anderson has been an outspoken vegan and taken part in many animal activist campaigns with organizations like PETA.

About 200 people attended the event, which raised nearly $170,000. Anderson's charity aims to support the environment, animal rights and human rights.

flhx14 May 19 2014 at 3:46 PM

People that havent been abused and molested have no clue as to how the abuse effects your life...and affects for a life time.

ambonding May 19 2014 at 2:48 PM

For people saying she is lying or is in just need of attention have probably never been through it. I have not, but know someone who has. It is painful and with all the stigma attached to it it sometiems takes years to face it. Never been a fan of hers, but the people hating on her are the very reason people keep such torture to themselves.

meakler ambonding May 19 2014 at 11:24 PM

Exactly.

bigshadyobama May 19 2014 at 9:47 AM

DO NOT BELIEVE A SINGLE WORD THIS WOMEN SAYS...

hello kevin bigshadyobama May 19 2014 at 8:53 PM

why ? she's done more in her life then you could do in 20 lives. dirtbag.

Martha May 19 2014 at 3:12 PM

I know exactly what Ms. Anderson is saying. I lived through the hell of child sexual abuse. Writing is what saved me:
LOATHING
~
Every time I think
I have left the past behind
Like some cancer that can never be cured
The thought of you returns
The sickened memories
Of a child betrayed
Of all the times
You laid in wait
Your sickening breath
On my tiny neck
Your disgusting hands
Touching what was not yours to touch
How could you do it?
Why did you destroy me
Was innocence too much
For you to stand?
I hate you with all of my being
I loath the sound of your name
"Get thee behind me Satan"
You rapist of that which was pure.

smoses80 Martha May 19 2014 at 4:13 PM

I understand that completely. Thank you very much for sharing that.

meakler Martha May 19 2014 at 11:17 PM

Thank you Martha. Your poem is excellent.

bigshadyobama May 19 2014 at 9:53 AM

EVERY TIME SHE TELLS A LIE HER BOOBS GET BIGGER

moonfloat May 19 2014 at 10:12 AM

This "rode hard, put away wet" has-been is just looking for attention. Who the F cares???

Michele moonfloat May 19 2014 at 10:17 AM

You did. You responded.

ga7smi Michele May 19 2014 at 10:50 AM

hardly

Flag +1 rate up
hello kevin moonfloat May 19 2014 at 8:55 PM

another man who has no kids. get a life dirt bag

smoses80 May 19 2014 at 4:10 PM

"An adult understands and views sexuality very differently than a child. The knowledge we gain with experience and time can give us the tools to better understand an event that happened when he or she was younger. It is common for survivors to not name their experiences as abuse until they are in adulthood."

This is a Quote from the PCAR...Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape. This is for All the Naysayers and Judgers. I was molested/raped when I was 8 Years Old. How confusing that was to a child. I really didn't 'get' what had happened until I was old enough to Know what had happened to me. I also Never told anyone until 40 years later. If you knew anyone that was molested you would understand. If you Don't know anyone who has been through this then you know Nothing and should Not be Judging people who have gone through this. Think about Your Child having gone through this. What would You Do if you found out?? Belittle them and tell them it was their fault?? I Think Not...............

TripleXKimberly May 19 2014 at 11:49 PM

If you don't know her personally then you can't say she is lying. No one knows for sure. I would hope that she would not lie about continuous rapes because if she did that is sickening to those of us that have been. I am glad she finally got the courage to speak out about it because it is extremely hard to discuss with anyone. Keep your head up and Chin out Pam!

Polly May 19 2014 at 3:01 PM

Good for Pamela!. In bringing this abuse out into the open, she has helped countless others to recognize abuse in their own lives. Her compassion for animals is admirable and should not be condemned. She's doing more for them than most people would do in a lifetime. Leave her alone.

smoses80 Polly May 19 2014 at 4:17 PM

100% Agree!

meakler Polly May 19 2014 at 11:23 PM

It is always good when a famous person reveals what Pamela just did. So many people still don't understand what rape is. It has nothing to do with sex. It is all about control, degradation, humiliation-in other words, a very terrible thing to do to anyone. And it happens to men, too. Most rapes still go unreported, because the victim is victimized twice. First, by the rapist(s) and then in the courtroom. The woman is put on trial. Seems that the only legitimate rape is when the woman is raped and killed. Then the rape happened.

teeveequeen May 19 2014 at 8:57 PM

This HAS BEEN actress and "over the hill" sex toy is seeking ATTENTION ...

Boo Hoo ...