Mom accused of attacking bully may have wrong boy

Police: Mom Assaulted Daughter's Alleged Bully

SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) -- A Northern California sheriff's official says a mother suspected of attacking a 12-year-old boy she said was bullying her daughter at school may have targeted the wrong child.

Sonoma County sheriff's Lt. Steve Brown said Monday that investigators have not found anything linking the boy to the bullying allegations.

The girl's mom, Delia Garcia-Bratcher, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of inflicting injury on a child after sheriff's deputies say she came to Olivet Elementary Charter School in Santa Rosa on Friday and grabbed the boy by the throat.

Garcia-Bratcher was released Saturday on $30,000 bail. Telephone listings for her were disconnected.

School district officials are also investigating the possible bullying.

Sonoma County prosecutors said Monday they were still awaiting the sheriff's report before deciding on any charges.

riverhosed May 19 2014 at 6:50 PM

I'm sure the kid had done something that he deserved to have the **** kicked out of him for.

fwlrcj riverhosed May 20 2014 at 1:29 PM

stupid post

AutumnLea May 20 2014 at 9:47 AM

The Mother was wrong BUT the schools do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when your child is bullied! The offending child's parents are never any help and are often as bad if not worse than the child. No parent should put their hands on a child BUT sometimes parents are left with no option. My suggestion.. SCHOOLS NEED TO STOP THE BULLIES!!!

danclrksvll May 20 2014 at 9:27 AM

When I went to school in the 1960's we had a four step program for dealing with bullies.I would take two steps forward and put my fist through his teeth and the bully would fall back two steps and land on his back. (4 steps) I would then be sure he could not get up for a very long time.THE BULLIE LEFT ME ALONE AND NEVER BOTHERED ME AGAIN UNLESS HE WANTED A REFRESHER COURSE IN MY 4 STEP PROGRAM.

pschnatz33 May 19 2014 at 6:57 PM

there is a 12 year oldlittle **** that goes out at night and destroys neighbors property. The parents were told, and they say it is not their son. Well I have him on film at a neighbors and I am waiting for him to come on my property, and I will stick my foot up his ass so he won't sit down for a week.

orion15stars pschnatz33 May 19 2014 at 9:19 PM

You'll be arrested for endangering a minor aged child. The child may end up at juvie and maybe not, if you can't prove any injury or damage to yourself or your property.

Wahya orion15stars May 20 2014 at 4:59 PM

That kid will have to prove who beat the hell out of him late at night. Put a pillow case over his head first, then kick the crap out of him, Make it count!!!

Flag 0 rate up
donwords pschnatz33 May 20 2014 at 12:05 PM

I agree with you, but you have to realize that you could find yourself in the deep doo doo for assaulting a "child".

BlahBlahBlah May 19 2014 at 6:37 PM

Wow. Whatever happened to talking to the kids' parents or talking to someone at school? We just bypass all that and go attack kids now? Sheesh, at least know you have the right kid first.

tlboy123 May 20 2014 at 4:02 AM

If a parent gets their hands on a bully and it is verified to be the right person, that parent shouldhave the right to thrash that child. turn the little miscreeant over his or her knee and welt his or her butt.hopefully, with a large audience. bullying is a lifelong trauma if it isnt nipped at the time and it obviously is life threatening. Punishment should be swift and harsh.

orion15stars tlboy123 May 20 2014 at 2:28 PM

Does that apply to your children as well? Some other adult can get his or her hands on your child and choke or spank your child on hearsay. Which is how the fiasco all started - on hearsay from the son of the mother. Please refrain from the stale, "My child doesn't bully anyone else.." No one knows what a child is doing when not watching that child 24/7. Those who appear to be the most polite, obedient, and cooperative are often those able to manipulate everyone else with a false front. They aren't always the big bruiser meanie bigger than everyone else his or her age. The big "bruisers" can very often be the most gentle and the most bullied by others.

gingerhughes2 May 20 2014 at 3:46 AM

And yet again, common sense is an endangered species. Whatever happened to teaching your children to stand up for and defend themselves? My daughter was bullied when she was 5 years old. Another little girl would hit my child at recess every day. Once I found out about it, I explained to my daughter that I couldn't be with her all the time and that she had to protect herself. I also told her that if she let that little girl hit her again, and she didn't hit her back, she would be in deep trouble. The next day when the little girl hit her, my daughter got up and round housed the kid. My daughter was never hit again and I got a call from her teacher telling me how proud she was to see it happen. The only way to handle a bully is to bully back because bullies are cowards.

kcarthey May 19 2014 at 9:04 PM

A huge part of the problem with parents today is their thinking they are the kid's friend and not the parent. In all situations dealing with kids, the adult must continually remind themselves that they are the adult. This woman failed miserably.

julietjdx3 kcarthey May 19 2014 at 9:48 PM

amen

patsunikbutik May 20 2014 at 7:41 AM

It is high time that bullying becomes a crime. Bullying is causing much anxiety among younger people & is certainly NOT a code of behavior for adult life. Punishments should fit this crime, perhaps with a court appearance. If bullying is treated seriously enough, it should stop much of it from starting in the first place. BULLYING = CONSEQUENCES.

theomegaman72 May 19 2014 at 10:07 PM

Congratulations to the small percentage of people here earlier who didn't applaud this woman and wanted to wait and hear all the facts .