EMT jams to Rihanna, gets reprimanded by employer

EMT Jams To Rihanna, Gets Reprimanded By Employer

You know when your jam comes on and you just have to dance? Well one EMT got that feeling -- and he jammed out so hard, his dance moves went viral.

That was Jonathan Williams of New Jersey rocking out to Rihanna's "Pour It Up" on the radio.

Since the dashcam footage was posted on YouTube May 6th, it's gathered more than 1.3 million views.

Rihanna herself responded to the video with a tweet saying: "This paramedic guy just reminded me why God sent me here! I can't stop now! Not now, not nevah!!!!" But the timing and location of Williams' solo dance party have people questioning the safety -- he was driving an ambulance at the time.

"But, what about Williams' driving? Taking his hands off the wheel and using that two-way radio while driving? On the phone, EMT Jonathan Williams told me, 'I was out of service and heading home. I'd never do that with a patient on board.'"

WCBS says Williams was reprimanded by his employer.

But as E! put it, "Sure, it's maybe a little dangerous to vogue while you drive, but this guy's voguing is SICKENING. Plus he's just so happy."

Next time, he should wait until he's not driving the ambulance.

Check out the original here, and remember: It's not safe to do anything other than drive while at the wheel.

Franco May 19 2014 at 1:51 PM

Nevah take yer dam hands off da whel! :O(

Bob May 20 2014 at 5:08 AM

So, he didn't have a patient in the ambulance. So what? The damned fool could be driving his own car, acting the fool, and he will CREATE patients. The cops should bust his dum ass for reckless driving, no matter what the hell he was driving. He doesn't have the brains God gave a radish.

maryneoone May 20 2014 at 1:01 AM

Being happy is one thing, quite different from being a responsible individual or a professional. Remember, when someone sees you in your vehicle, uniform, the see who you represent. He may not have done this with a patient in the vehicle but what about his partner, Also, what about the other people on the road if he lost control of his ambulance. As a retireed Paramedic, and still working Registered Nurse, I find this very unprofessional! Save it for when you are back at the station house and out of your vehicle. Not only is this unprofessional but I feel he was very stupid and lacks sound judgement. He is very lucky he did not crash and kill someone!! Hope he was reprimanded! Happy is one thing, stupid is a whole other thing!!!

transformersfreak May 19 2014 at 5:44 PM

If you can find a single person who has never broken the rules of the road by taking their eyes off the road, their hands off the wheel, or just dancing to a song while driving, then
I will eat my driver's license. The only reason this guy is catching so much c*** is because he was in uniform at the time. Yes, he was being unprofessional, but he was also off duty. He is no more guilty than the rest of us.

outsidehammer May 19 2014 at 9:44 PM

Nice fruitcake dance.

Scooter May 19 2014 at 3:09 PM

LIGHTEN UP FOLKS!!! He wasn't drinking or texting. He's okay...Riri's gonna hook him up.

bps163 May 19 2014 at 2:13 PM

In fact a person of his employment being that of medical and safety should be held to even a higher standard in fact I think it's fine should to be $5000. I'm a commercial driver if I think my hands off the wheel and a trooper sees it, I could lose my license for up to three years plus a fine. To let him get away with this is a disgrace to the Highway safety administration.

jwarlock301 May 19 2014 at 3:44 PM

Totally unprofessional, he should be suspended. unacceptable while in uniform driving an emergency vehicle.

bps163 May 19 2014 at 2:07 PM

The Police need to mail him a $1,000.00 ticket for driving without hands on the wheel. It only takes a second for something to go very wrong and kill someone.

entheoscht May 19 2014 at 7:25 PM

Wow...New Jersey. Imagine my surprise. Gay ambulance driver.

somewhatamazed entheoscht May 20 2014 at 12:01 AM

You implying that straight guys don't like to dance to Rihanna?