Get ready for summer with a skin refresh
Style bloggers are privy to all the latest and greatest developments in the world of beauty products. From the oxygen peel du jour, to the newest luxury face oil, you can bet they've probably been there, done that. So what does the girl who has tried everything at the beauty counter do to prep her skin for the hot and dry summer months? Well, it turns out -- not a whole lot.
- "One of the many things I look forward to as summer rolls around is changing up my beauty routine for the warmer weather. With a slight tan, healthier skin, and a wardrobe change, I always refresh my skin, makeup, and hair for something more fit for summer beauty trends." - Amanda, Advice From a Twenty Something
- "In the winter, your skin tends to be dry and needs heavier products to keep in that moisture. But as summer rolls around, you can swap out your cleanser/lotion combo for something gentler and lighter. I recommend using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and DailyAdvance Lotion." - Amanda, Advice From a Twenty Something
- "As much as I love beauty, my makeup routine is very simple (and the less I can get away with wearing, the better)." - Jena, Chi City Fashion
- "I’ve gone on and off with the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for over 10 years. I know it’s the best because it’s super gentle, but I do get caught up in the luxury products here and there. So I decided to go back to it and my skin has not only cleared up, but it’s quite possibly the softest it’s ever been." - Jena, Chi City Fashion
- "I love that one pump covers my entire face and that I can actually feel it breaking up my makeup while I brush my teeth." - Lara, The Glossarie
- "I gently scrub my face twice a day for a full minute (I always count as I lather), and it leaves my face feeling fresh, renewed, and super-clean." - Merrick, Merricks Art
- "As someone who struggled with my skin for years, I continued to use breakout-fighting products containing harsh ingredients like benzoyl peroxide from high school throughout my early twenties. My dermatologist then told me these were actually making my skin worse, because they were too drying and not made for adult skin." - Jess, The Golden Girl
- "My favorite season of the year is coming up fast, and as we transition out of spring into the awesome summer months, new and fun beauty routines are a must." - Taye, Stuff She Likes
"My skin tends to get super-sensitive during the heat, so makeup, lotions and cleansers that are barely-there yet get the job done are my go-tos for the summer months." - Taye, Stuff She Likes
- "The return of nice warm weather also comes with changes in your skin. You'll find that you might have to change up your skin care routine to adjust to the dry hot weather." - Jenn,Haute Off The Rack
While bloggers may play favorites on who makes the best under-eye concealer or lip gloss, there's no messing around when it comes to skincare. They can all agree that Cetaphil makes gentle, effective products that just plain work, and there's no hi-tech technology or recently-discovered vitamin cocktail that can change that. This summer, our contributor network will be using Cetaphil products as their solid foundation for a fresh skin routine in the hot, dry weather. Click through the gallery to see how they'll do it.
This is a collaboration between Cetaphil and the AOL Lifestyle Contributor Network. Compensation was provided by Cetaphil via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cetaphil.