Driving through the flames of the San Diego wildfires

San Diego Wildfires Surround Carlsbad Homes

Hundreds of San Diego residents were forced to evacuate their homes on Wednesday, May 14, after several wildfires broke out across San Diego County. At least 30 homes were destroyed by the fires in Carlsbad, according to local media reports.

Carlsbad resident Jeb Durgin got a close look at the wildfire while driving through the Pacific coast city. Durgin described this footage as showing the "El Camino Real fire," the name of one of the main roads in Carlsbad very near the fire.

eurocardriver000 May 18 2014 at 8:06 AM

CA is full of Obama & Pelosi supporters anyway's... No loss here what so ever.

Carolyn eurocardriver000 May 18 2014 at 8:37 AM

An idiotic post... but i hope it makes you feel better being so nasty eurocardriver!!!

Kate eurocardriver000 May 18 2014 at 4:09 PM

In other words, all you care about is people who think exactly like you. That's about as mature as a chickpea.

Carolyn May 18 2014 at 8:36 AM

THANK YOU TO THE FIREFIGHTERS WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Jeanne May 17 2014 at 7:58 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with the people living in area who are dealing with these terrible fires. I also pray for those men and women fighting the fires. No politics here, just sadness for them.

bbdrums34 Jeanne May 17 2014 at 8:28 PM

Pray? Who do you think started it!?

hmadden May 17 2014 at 7:39 PM

I'm a native Californian (yes, we do exist). As bad as the fires are for the people affected, the media acts like they are unexpected. Hey, Southern California has fires EVERY YEAR! And has had for thousands of years. It's the nature of the beast.

Andrea May 17 2014 at 5:27 PM

Our first responders are doing an amazing job!!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We love our city!

Gayle May 18 2014 at 9:06 AM

What a tragedy to such a beautiful area.

All the horrible comments here are disgusting and so hard to believe that humans can stoop to such a level of uncaring towards others tragedies.

thomcit May 17 2014 at 9:13 PM

Although my family and I live in another state, I own a very small house in Carlsbad. It's a beautiful. I understand why many Californians choose to stay. Their "disasters" aren't more severe or frequent than the other states.

My first visit was in the 80's when I was in college (a roommate lived there). My roommate (also pre-med) and I chose the same med school. Long story short, my buddy joined a practice near Carlsbad. He purchased a nice home in Carlsbad. On the same tract (very close to the Pacific) was a smaller home. At the time, he couldn't afford it, so, he asked if I'd consider a joint purchase. For smaller sum, I received a nice plot of land with a nice little home. My family and I use it as a vacation home.

There's a difference between "East" and "West" Coasters. One is not better (just different "vibes"). To me, "West Coasters" are less "stuffy".

In the summer, that little area is generally much cooler than other areas of Ca.Thankfully, our properties weren't affected

bjredmond64 May 17 2014 at 6:22 PM

turn to God and pray.

viperbl bjredmond64 May 17 2014 at 6:24 PM

nope, that didn't work. what else you got

onionson viperbl May 17 2014 at 8:02 PM

Get the nation right with God then pray. Nope, you won't do that. What other silly question you got?

Flag 0 rate up
loganmiley May 17 2014 at 7:25 PM

This isone of themany reasons you should never live in California. Ridiculous taxes, Ridiculous cost of living,horrible schools, overpopulated, ridiculous laws, no jobs and high crime and pollution. Worst state in the union.

fred May 17 2014 at 8:26 PM

Hope we can save Phony Al's private jet and all his SUV's so he can continue to spread the gospel according to Phony Al.....:)