Season finale of 'Grey's Anatomy': Dr. Cristina Yang says goodbye

The Season Finale of 'Grey's Anatomy': Dr. Cristina Yang Says Goodbye

On the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy," Dr. Cristina Yang and Meredith couldn't just say goodbye ... they had to dance it out.

Fans know that over the years, the pair of "dark and twisty" best friends often dropped everything for an impromptu dance party when the going got tough. (Or when they had too much tequila.) We really couldn't imagine a better, more honest way for Cristina to bid her "person" adieu.

CarterMatt thought the season finale and Cristina's goodbye was wonderful all around.

"[The end of Cristina Yang] came in waves of emotion, fun, and also nostalgia. Having one of Cristina's last scenes with Meredith with the two parties dancing it out was all sorts of perfect ... What an excellent, emotional way to say goodbye to Cristina. She'll be missed."

Sandra tweeted out her farewell to fans, thanking everyone for their love and support over the years.

What did you think about the finale? Let us know in the comments below.

suziq918 May 17 2014 at 12:36 AM

I was disappointed in the finale........I half expected her to get hit by a bus based on the opening statements.........usually some huge disaster happens in GA's finales.....this one was just boring

milliebsp May 16 2014 at 4:12 PM

Really sorry to see her go! She's always been my favorite.

Not a fan of Meredith with her skeleton-like bony fingers, and her SO-not-maternal mothering. Wish SHE could leave and keep Cristina instead!!!

lmoore2010 May 16 2014 at 4:11 PM

I'm really going to miss her. Grey's won't be the save.

mrsamunch May 16 2014 at 3:24 PM

i loved the dancing. Im going to missed chris.

VIPRLARES May 16 2014 at 3:23 PM

I'll miss her.

Iris May 16 2014 at 3:07 PM

The show will not be the same without you... I will miss you Cristina.... Hugs for you on your new journey.

jillseyr May 16 2014 at 2:58 PM

Great way to segway out. I almost cried but it was so uplifting that I just smiled. Good luck in you new "career".

l8cowgrl May 16 2014 at 2:56 PM

now if they could just get rid of the gay lovers on there I will watch the show again....sick of that being thrown in our faces...

James l8cowgrl May 16 2014 at 3:16 PM

I'm sure they'll change the show to accommodate your ignorance. Why don't you hold your breath until they do?

2catsilove James May 16 2014 at 3:37 PM

I do so agree with you, James. Anyone who feels like the cowgirl is welcome to change the channel.

Flag +3 rate up
howdobunnie l8cowgrl May 16 2014 at 3:41 PM

Right on brother, I'm with you 100%

HanSolo VII May 16 2014 at 2:49 PM

I used to be a big fan of the show some years ago. However, the actual reason I consciously stopped watching Grey's Anatomy, was Sandra Oh's character. In my opinion, her arrogance and different attitude was and no doubt still is a complete turn-off. I'd have to honestly say, if any doctor in real life treated their patients' in the manner that Sandra Oh's character does.....they're career would be even shorter than their med school & internship !! Hopefully for Sandra's sake & her acting career, the writers' were responsible for her terrible character on that show. I personally, refuse to watch anything else she chooses to act in.....no matter what it may be. Sandra ( and actors like her ) give a whole new meaning to the expression character assassination !! Were Sandra to actually read this....some advise......lose the chip on your shoulder and the attitude, or lose your career. She doesn't have it in the " looks " dept.....so, she'd better tighten up her supposed acting skills.

anidee9 HanSolo VII May 16 2014 at 3:01 PM

Hey Hans, what she does is called ACTING............get it, she is depicting someone else. The writer has determined what her character's personality will be. Sandra Oh is charged with the responsibility of making the written character come to life. You are either very gullible or really, really stupid. How many other shows do you think that the actors are really like their characters, genius?

thebestdigger anidee9 May 16 2014 at 9:38 PM

OH man, I so agree with anidee9. Sandra is a brilliant actress and if I were writing that part I'd be stoked to have someone so capable interpret the written character. I am amazed at the stupidity here. You don't think there are docs like Cristina Yang? You live under a rock? And guess what, Han, Sandra is beautiful, hilarious in real life, wildy intelligent and gifted. Guess you wouldn't know about things like that.

Flag 0 rate up
sjm337161753 May 16 2014 at 2:46 PM

People still watch Grey's Anatomy? i thought it went off the air years ago.