Cate Blanchett's style transformation
- Cate Blanchett at the "Elizabeth" premiere in Hollywood, the movie for which she received international acclaim.
- Cate wore this pretty white dress to the fifth Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Cate wore this slim-fitting John Galliano gown to the 71st Annual Academy Awards.
- During the premiere for "The Talented Mr. Ripley," Cate wore a delicate coat over matching pants.
- The Academy Awards call for extra glamour, and Cate added gold jewelry to a sleek low-back gown for the event in 2000.
- Cate cut off her hair and went for all black for the premiere of "The Gift" in L.A.
- Never afraid to take a fashion risk, Cate wore this pantsuit to the Golden Globes. Honestly, we can't say we're on board with this one.
- Cate arrives at the Golden Globe Awards with Tom Ford, in a classic coat showing off a tiny waist.
- Cate at the 2003 Toronto International Film Festival "Veronica Guerin" premiere, and we're loving the pop of color in her heels.
- For the L.A. premiere of "Veronica Guerin," Cate wore an interesting coat with tall black boots.
- Cate attended the 61st Annual Golden Globe Awards in a cap-sleeved silk burgundy gown.
- Between her dress and stance, Cate looks like a ballerina at the New York premiere of "The Aviator."
- Cate looked lovely at the Golden Globe Awards, in a periwinkle blue one-shouldered gown with floral embellishments.
- Cate during the 57th Annual Directors Guild Awards, wearing an intricate two-toned silk gown.
- Cate wore this stunning Giorgio Armani Prive gown tothe BAFTA Film Awards in 2005.
- Cate looked chic in all black when she attended a dinner in her honor, celebrating the Sydney Theatre Company Production of "Hedda Gabler" in New York.
- Cate wore this kimono-inspired wrap dress during the 2006 Cannes Film Festival "Babel" premiere.
- Cate added some glitz to a simple nude dress for the L.A. premiere of "The Good German."
- Cate wore silver from head to toe for the premiere of "Notes On a Scandal."
- Cate kept her accessories simple with this stunning blue Balenciaga dress, choosing nude peep-toe pumps.
- It was all about the jewels and accessories for this outfit at the 2007 Australia Week Gala.
- Cate attended the premiere of "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" in an oversized teal dress.
- Cate attended the 2008 Independent Spirit Awards in this simple black dress.
- Cate attended the premiere of "Blindness" in a stunning tiered Armani gown.
- Cate wore sleek white pants and a pinstriped jacket to receive her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2008.
- Cate looked gorgeous in this flowing red number at Vogue Australia's 50th Anniversary Party.
- Well, we know one-shouldered dresses was a big trend, but we're not sure quilts were ever in style.
- Another silver suit for Ms. Blanchett, this time to attend the Tony Awards.
- Cate cut her hair short again, looking stunning in this wrap dress to promote SK-II in Bejing.
- One of our favorite looks for Cate yet, she wore this stunning Givenchy gown to the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.
- Cate attended the Giorgio Armani Prive Haute Couture Fall/Winter show during Paris Fashion Week.
- Cate wore this sheer lace dress to the opening of the Louis Vuitton Maison in Sydney, Australia.
- Blanchett sparkled at the 'Maison Louis Vuitton Roma Etoile' Opening Party in Rome, Italy.
- Cate attended W Magazine's presentation of "The Ever Changing Face of Beauty" in this intricate black gown.
- Cate looked classic and gorgeous at the 2012 Met Gala, dressed in Alexander McQueen.
- Cate attended ELLE's 19th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration in a stunning Proenza Schouler dress.
- Cate attended at the 2nd Annual AACTA Awards in a bright red Giorgio Armani.
- Cate attended the 'Blue Jasmine' New York premiere in a show-stopping blush pink creation.
- In one of our favorite looks to date, Cate stunned at the 'Blue Jasmine' Premiere at the 39th Deauville Film Festival.
- Blanchett channeled her inner mermaid in this cool cocktail dress.
- Cate looked flawless at the Academy Awards, where she accepted the award for Best Actress.
Cate Blanchett is an Australian-born actress who has garnered a lot of attention through the years. She turns 45 on May 14th. Cate first gained international acclaim for her performance in the 1998 film "Elizabeth," for which she was awarded a BAFTA and Golden Globe award, and received her first Academy Award nomination.
She has played the powerful elf Galadriel in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, and portrayed Katharine Hepburn in the film "The Aviator." Her role as Ms. Hepburn won her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Cate is the face of luxury skin care brand SK-II -- a brilliant choice on the brand's part, as her skin is flawless. Her style has always had a bit of a masculine-glam edge, and she loves to dress up pants and take fashion risks. To us, she is the epitome of a modern fashion icon -- elegant, classic, and always chic.
From delicate fabrics to looks with a rocker-edge, take a look at Cate's style transformation through her years on the Hollywood red carpet.