AOL.com

Jenny McCarthy on a post-Barbara Walters "View"

Jenny McCarthy- Edit #2.Mov

She's been making us crack up since hosting MTV's "Singled Out" and, boy, has Jenny McCarthy come a long way since then. She's now a New York Times best-selling author and she's got a brand new book "Stirring the Pot: My Recipe for Getting What You Want Out of Life". An appropriate title considering McCarthy is newly engaged, a mom and co-host of one of TV's most successful talk shows "The View".

Just as she's gotten settled into her seat at the iconic round table, the throne of the show will be vacated this Friday when Barbara Walters says goodbye to "The View" and settles into retirement. The ever-present question when someone leaves "The View" is always "Who's going to replace [fill in the blank]?" When McCarthy sat down with AOL.com's Brian Balthazar, she revealed that she actually agrees with Walters' idea of possibly filling the spot with a male point of view. "I would like nothing more in the world than to have a guy. I'm not sure that's going to happen. I think it's smart. I think in today's day and age there's a lot of stay-at-home dads. I feel like we've got the female point of view. I want to hear what a guy has to say and what he thinks about certain issues. It would be a nice balance."

It was on "The View" where McCarthy excitedly revealed the news of her engagement to New Kids on The Block singer and actor Donnie Wahlberg. After getting engaged in April, McCarthy says in some ways she knew the love of her life was coming for her. "I did write down a list of 15 characteristics which was spiritual, chivalrous, and loves what he does, and he fit all of those things. I feel like his famous part equals my part so we balance each other."

Though McCarthy told us she hates being asked about when she's getting married, she recently revealed she'd likely get married this fall. Of being constantly asked about the wedding she told us, "It's only bad because we just were engaged. So I'm still kind of enjoying the engagement. I don't know too many people that get engaged and the next week they're going 'the wedding is September 14th!' I've done it before, I'm not rushing to get down the aisle, I love him and when it happens it happens."

Whenever the bells do ring, we'll be sure to watch. Jenny McCarthy's new book is "Stirring The Pot: My Recipe for Getting What You Want Out of Life" and it's out now. Of course, catch her every morning on ABC's "The View"!

patriot1too May 14 2014 at 6:02 AM

Dump the whole show and put on some real news without liberal extremisist politicaly correct spin doctoring. This show is just a group of cackling clucking know nothing women sitting around yaking about nothing important. Just politicaly correct yammering by know nothing liberal extremisist feminist cult members.

lizgonzales8186 May 14 2014 at 12:35 AM

Though I thought that it might interesting to get a male point of view on certain things, it might disturb the whole premise of show of women sharing their views. It would take a very special man to want to sit at that table. For one thing he'd have to get used to Sherri interrupting him every time he opens his mouth.

Randy May 13 2014 at 5:51 PM

I have an idea too.... get rid of the cackling ultra-liberal crones - or better yet replace the show with reruns of SCOOBY DOO cartoons....

mchappell4 Randy May 13 2014 at 6:01 PM

I agree.....

rhopin5555 May 13 2014 at 6:03 PM

Basically you are all correct, between Sheri and Jenny, I have compltely lost interest in the show.
Whoopie look for something new. I really like you. When Barbara leaves there will be no one representing the senior point of view. And this was suppose to be a show that encompasses all points of view. Jenny and Sherri are two air heads.

filliperogers rhopin5555 May 13 2014 at 8:01 PM

Don't watch it for christ sakes then.. otherwise you just have sour grapes..

mymom916 May 13 2014 at 6:03 PM

I like Whoopi she is careful about hurting the guest. As far a Jenny I couldn't believe Barbara bought her aboard. Sherri interrupts Barbara all the time, so rude. Barbara always had class. Good luck to her.

Mik's $ Toy May 13 2014 at 6:04 PM

can't see what the producers/directors and network were thinking when putting her name up for this show - day time tv is boring anyway and she doesn't add any spice to it

mchappell4 May 13 2014 at 6:11 PM

Forgot to add Jenny has had her pot stirred too many times. Honestly how long could her marriage last ? Her loud mouth and inflated ego would be difficult to handle everyday. She stalked this poor guy and finally cornered him. This is a really nice family and a big mistake is about to be made. Who would really marry an ex Hefner girl and centerfold. Just like a stripper they never change. Good luck on wedding day.

Burr mchappell4 May 13 2014 at 6:28 PM

I feel sorry for the groom, too.

shadolade mchappell4 May 13 2014 at 6:36 PM

I freaking agree! She needs to go and I very seldom watch the View anymore since she arrived. Right about her pot being stirred, and the remark she made as a Hefner's girl she didn't do anything sexual.HA! Wake up Donnie W> you have been taken for a ride.

filliperogers shadolade May 13 2014 at 7:59 PM

Well anyone who watches the view probably is old,fat, and not to good looking.......... yea all you whiners about Jenny!

Flag 0 rate up
cdickens1843 May 13 2014 at 6:19 PM

Why would anybody with two working brain cells listen to Jenny? Thanks to her idiotic rants about vaccinating kids we are now having recurrances of diseases that were almost eradicated. In fact, why are we so stupid as to believe something just because a "celebrity" says it?

filliperogers cdickens1843 May 13 2014 at 7:56 PM

About as stupid as to believe something you would say cddickens1843..........

b515 filliperogers May 13 2014 at 8:38 PM

Oh look, Filli is insulting people again. What a surprise. What kind of childhoood did you have? Geesh.

Flag +1 rate up
Burr May 13 2014 at 6:28 PM

I can't stand this woman. She has the IQ of a dinosaur, and look what their brain power did for them. She is so offensive.

redhdlady1 May 13 2014 at 6:31 PM

Get rid of Jenny. The show would be much better without the dumb blonde, Some of thr things she comes up with are idiotic. let Whoopi take the lead. She is made for it.