Nordegren talks Tiger at graduation without saying 'Tiger'

Nordegren Talks Tiger At Graduation Without Saying 'Tiger'

People reports with a 3.96 GPA, raising two children and having raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for less fortunate children, Rollins College outside Orlando honored Nordegren as its most outstanding graduating senior.

That's not to say Nordegren didn't talk a little Tiger. She noted when she started night school in 2005, she was married, new to the U.S. and had no children.

ELIN NORDEGREN, TIGER WOODS' EX-WIFE: "Nine years later, I'm a proud American and I have two beautiful children ... But I'm no longer married."

No, you're not, Ms. Nordegren. The couple famously split after Woods crashed his Escalade trying to leave their house Thanksgiving weekend 2009.

Revelations of more than a dozen affairs by Tiger derailed not only their marriage and the pro golfer's career, but also golf, frankly, hasn't been the same since. Not that the last part's relevant to Nordegren's life, but the scandal thrust her into the spotlight more than she'd ever planned.

The Washington Post reports she noted the divorce was "right after I had taken [a class in] communications and the media that I was unexpectedly thrust into the media limelight–and I probably should have taken more notes in that class."

​But while most of the headlines on her speech took a dig or even a swipe at Tiger, Nordegren never actually mentioned her ex-husband by name. The closest she came to a verbal jab was the "no longer married" line, and she stuck to trying to inspire otherwise.

WOFL reports NORDEGREN: "Your actions, my fellow graduates, inspired me to keep on going to the finish line. We walked the talk, and I can't thank you all enough."

Nordegren graduated with a degree in psychology. She said one of her most inspiring moments came when a flight attendant handed her a note. The flight attendant was also a single mom and thanked Nordegren for being an inspiration.

The Orlando Sentinal reports Nordegren said, ​"Since I have done little public speaking, how exactly had I inspired her? Whatever the answer, I felt a connection with her that day - mother to mother. ​I was inspired by her actions to make a connection with me."

RABMOON May 12 2014 at 6:24 PM

NANNY

bulletinboardsn May 12 2014 at 5:28 PM

I dunno about her being an inspiration, she's building or has built a mega mansion and never has to work a day ever again, all courtesy of just being married to a rich man and divorce. Unlike a lotta single moms who struggle to work and go to school and take care of their kids without help. Nordegren can hire all the help she needs for the kids, cooks, maid and drivers. No, I rather admire that poor single mom who is struggling and still yet graduates.

jakgarnett May 12 2014 at 5:23 PM

Congratulations to Elin and her hard work! She is much better without that player!!!

zzyxx May 12 2014 at 5:10 PM

this gal has it together!!! way to go........elin!!! you blew it tiger..you blew it!!! ...couldnt keep your pants up....was it worth it tiger?///////?? dont think so ....what a gal.

JTalltrees1 May 12 2014 at 5:10 PM

I don't understand how a beautiful girl like that could possibly be with someone who looks like tiger!

DONNA JTalltrees1 May 12 2014 at 8:01 PM

With her beauty and scandinavian heritage, she could of had any guy. Why do these beautiful girls go for these 2 bit uneducated athletes. They know how to play sports. They don't deserve half the money they make. Put them in the working world and see how much they know. I would love to hit a ball in a hole and make that kind of money. Tiger,and those like him are worthless as far as I am concerned.

fcollinshughes May 12 2014 at 5:08 PM

Im RICH BIAATCH what more do you need to know

cdietz9219 May 12 2014 at 4:57 PM

How hard-up can you get to invite this bimbo to give a commemoration speech. And is there anything less worthless than a psych degree.

Cathy cdietz9219 May 12 2014 at 5:29 PM

Clearly, she’s not a bimbo. She was chosen for her GPA and her contributions to the community. Or can’t you read and retain?

Sarah Cathy May 12 2014 at 5:37 PM

Great comment - or comeback - Cathy! Just perfect!

Flag +2 rate up
DONNA cdietz9219 May 12 2014 at 7:01 PM

cdietz9219 Do you have any type of degree? Why is she a bimbo? He is the prick that screwed her over.

jbaer10314 May 12 2014 at 4:57 PM

Last week it was Monica Lewinsky, this week it's Elin Nordegren. Who's next--Jimmy Hoffa?

ernest May 12 2014 at 4:53 PM

She still needs Tiger's name to be relevent... It's been over for almost ten year's, stop suckling on the Tiger teat.... She got her money...Move on

DONNA ernest May 12 2014 at 7:04 PM

Ernest: Did Tiger get her degree or did she earn it on her own? Really, You are an idiot

beverlyamy1 May 12 2014 at 4:49 PM

good for her,because he cant win anymore.

World Series