10 new ways to wear a pleated skirt
Pleated skirts embody spring. Any way you fold it-accordian, knife or box-they add volume and sophistication to your wardrobe. We love the look of casually tucking in a blouse or sweater, like Taylor Swift and Dianna Agron, or even an easy chambray shirt, like style blogger Rach Parcell. Blair Eadie, the stylish blonde behind Atlantic-Pacific, expertly combined her long, Alice and Olivia pleated skirtwith a buttoned-up denim jacket.
- DIANE VON FURSTENBERG Chiffon Plisse Skirt, $125
- HALLHUBER Silk Maxi Skirt, $165
- CATHERINE MALANDRINO Stardust Metallic Skirt, $115
- J.W. ANDERSON Pleated Faux Leather Skirt, $780
- DELIA’S Soft Pleated Skirt, $30
- ALICE + OLIVIA Ava Leather-Trimmed Chiffon Maxi Skirt, $440
- TIBI Pavement Full Skirt, $398
- AKRIS PUNTO Pleated Midi Skirt, $895
- REBECCA TAYLOR Pleated Stretch Skirt, $325
When it comes to a short and sassy pleated skirt ensemble, Olivia Palermo nails it with her monochromatic pairing of a thigh-skimming skirt and oversize white blouse. Even a leather midi skirt feels like a nod to spring when you add pleats, doesn't it? Jane Keltner de Valle paired hers with a tucked-in heather grey sweatshirt while at Fashion Week in Paris for a chic high-low mix.
Shop ten looks inspired by how our favorite celebrities, editors and bloggers wear their spring skirts, because even if the weather doesn't behave itself, a pleated skirt always does.
More from Lifestyle Mirror:
8 Fresh Ways to Wear Distressed Denim
5 Easy Updates for Spring