April Fool's lottery ticket wasn't a joke at all

Man Wins $2.5M On Lottery Ticket On April Fools' Day, Thinks It's A Joke

A man received a lottery ticket on April Fools' Day from his mother. Like you might expect of an April Fool's lottery ticket, it was a big winner... only it wasn't a joke. Daniel Stojak, 45, won $2.5 million on a $10 scratch off.

Stojak routinely asks his mother, Shirley, to pick up lottery tickets for him as he believes she's good luck, but when she called on April 1st to tell him he won, he couldn't help but be suspicious.

Obviously, he owes his mother an amazing Mother's Day gift. In fact he told the Chicago Tribune that he would like to finance her retirement. He said, "I told her she could quit working. I don't think she wants to."

And Stojak wasn't the only big winner on April Fools' Day: A New York City insomniac rolled out of bed in the middle of the night to buy a lottery ticket -- and rolled into $7.5 million. That would help anybody get some sleep at night.

alfredschrader May 10 2014 at 7:42 AM

When my mom was living she bought me 50 one dollar scratch-offs for my birthday.
I won $34.00 total which is the standard pay-out.
The best way to make money on the Lotto is to sell Lotto tickets.
You make $5,000.00 for every $100,000 worth of tickets you sell.

Floymin alfredschrader May 10 2014 at 7:44 AM

Just like how Seattle profited from the Klondike Gold Rush.

dvilla14 May 09 2014 at 5:57 PM

That money would go towards my boyfriends cancer treatments, and a home for us and our dogs. But, at least there is a little bit more happiness in the world for someone else. Congrats, dude =)

MANUELITO dvilla14 May 09 2014 at 6:17 PM

Hope your boyfriend gets better, I don't know what I would do if something happened to my husband. (Of course, I never tell him that, maybe I should) I wish your loved one a long, healthy life, with you.

Peg dvilla14 May 09 2014 at 6:32 PM

Didn't you get the memo? 0bamacare will pay for your boyfriend's medical! As far as a home and a way to cover your pets? Sorry, you have to work for the peanuts 0bama's administration lets us keep after a 90 hour week.

scotn28 Peg May 09 2014 at 8:09 PM

Sorry assed Republican female. You must like be paid less than a man for the same qualifications. Go down to Texas. Maybe George W. will let you kiss his ass.

Flag +2 rate up
MANUELITO May 09 2014 at 6:16 PM

lucky people!!!! Him, and the insomniac!!! And yes, Daniel better share it with his mom. Some people do not want to quit working, I know, but he should share it with her!!! If he is married and his wife doesn't want to share, too bad, lol, lol, lol.

Anne May 10 2014 at 12:23 AM

What a nice story! Congratulations to both the winner and his mom, may they both live happily ever after!

Peg May 09 2014 at 6:25 PM

AWESOMENESS! Enjoy every second!!!

hark4109 May 09 2014 at 6:58 PM

Good for them!

PAM May 09 2014 at 7:26 PM

yay so cool

rodskins May 09 2014 at 7:58 PM

sure is nice not to have to get up and go and work for someone again

richcompton22 rodskins May 10 2014 at 2:45 AM

Nobody can quit work on a $2.5million lotto win. That's nothing by the time taxes are taken out. I guess you don't know how much it REALLY costs for retirement.....

alspoolhall May 09 2014 at 8:16 PM

The insomniac who won 7.5 million might have been unable to sleep for worrying about money . . . not so now baby! Hopefully these two winners will take care of their winnings and go on to live wonderful lives . . . would be nice to have it happen to us all! Yea? Good luck everyone.

realjoycee May 09 2014 at 8:52 PM

these stories never get old..:))