NBC surprises military wife with visit from husband, big honeymoon

NBC Surprises Military Wife With Visit From Husband, Honeymoon

Maggie Coday is a Navy wife and mother of three who's working hard while her husband serves his country.

NBC surprised her on the "TODAY" show with a sweet message from her husband, Chris. Just look at her face, fighting back tears. But, it only got better after that.

"If I told you he was here today, would that be a little bit surprising? Your husband planned this whole thing."

Chris says his wife does it all and is the most amazing woman he's ever met. Cue the Kleenex. And if you didn't think it could get any better - we doubt the Codays did - NBC had an Ace up its peacock-colored sleeve.

"We are gonna send you on a honeymoon. A seven-night vacation in Mexico."

The two had never been on a honeymoon, and have been married nearly five years, so NBC decided to fix that problem, stat.

Again, this was all a surprise to Maggie. How'd they get her on? In late April, she wrote on Facebook. NBC had contacted her and planned to fly her out for a segment about appreciating military wives and moms.

Maggie also tweeted she was really nervous, but we think she was awesome!

JOEM May 09 2014 at 5:56 AM

well go for it girl . have some fun bless you both

copart444 May 09 2014 at 1:11 PM

Know what? You all might not support our efforts in the Mid East but I'm telling you one of the reasons we have our freedoms we have today is that there ARM people that are willing to go the extra mile to assure that we keep them. I think war sucks big time but I also support our troops and I always will.

BWD May 09 2014 at 2:12 PM

I thought it was sweet of them to do that. Why do people have to be so mean and hateful about something good? I don't understand people now a days. Be happy for others, even if you are miserable yourself. I think a lot of people are miserable and only think of themselves anymore. Good luck to this family and I hope you enjoy your honeymoon.

page114 May 09 2014 at 2:23 PM

Today show congrats. These are the people that sacrifice to keep us safe. Look at what is happening overseas,without these fine brave folks that might be happening right here.

bcrane43 May 09 2014 at 2:42 PM

Being a Viet Nam vet I'm very grateful for the way service men and women are treated, they more than deserve it, if you don't agree pack your bags and make the sacrifice they do.
I know that I will never forgive or forget they we were treated when coming home.

rainmanskeeper bcrane43 May 09 2014 at 9:47 PM

And I appreciate your service also. You deserve/d a heroes welcome.

flyhigh96 May 09 2014 at 3:07 PM

3 kids in less than 5 years, and he's most likely been gone most of that time? Hmm.

Too bad we Viet Vets weren't treated with respect and surprises rather than the spitting upon and "baby killer". Those wonderful "Progressive" libs and their children are teaching our youngens' now.

mstienlee flyhigh96 May 09 2014 at 3:55 PM

I agree. Overall, most of the Vietnam Vets should be treated with respect except for the shady drafted Vets who turned into stone cold Hippies because they never wanted to be in the war to begin with. Vietnam Vets and all Vets before them had more guts and were/are real MEN compare to these entitlement punks in the military who disrespect women, these days.

As for the loyalty of the military wives in today's standards, I rather trust the faithfulness of a wife of a convicted felon who is waiting patiently for him to get released from jail than I do with these military wives.

dougsholmes flyhigh96 May 09 2014 at 7:30 PM

There is not one documented case of a Viet Nam vet being spit on upon his return. Regardles, we thank you for your service.

Diana May 09 2014 at 3:10 PM

Surprise, your husband, daddy, son, brother etc. is home ......this has been done to death, enough already.

flyankee10286 May 09 2014 at 3:35 PM

tears

mammaw29 May 09 2014 at 4:44 PM

These meetings are always a joy to watch. I wish that every man and woman serving the United States of America could experience this kind of joy. I wish I could say that it is everyday that they are all in my prayers but I don't want to be a liar. I feel the same way about our police and firefighters that respond to our needs leach and everyday here in the United States. I dispatched for 25 years and today I have three grandsons that are fire/fighter paramedics. They are a great bunch of men and women.

Pinot Man May 09 2014 at 5:21 PM