DIY: Marni-inspired jeweled leather sandals
By Stripes & Sequins
- Squeeze some E6000 glue onto a napkin. I used a kebab stick to apply the glue to the back of my rhinestones.
- Carefully apply the glue to the back of the stone.
- Start by applying the first two stones to the center of the shoe and work outwards.
- Continue applying. I chose to add two smaller stones to the edges of mine. Press each stone firmly for 15-20 seconds to set, and allow to dry overnight.
- All done! So easy, right?
Over the weekend, my friend Elanah and I got together to recreate some crystal sandals we'd been seeing all over the blogosphere. In particular, there were two pairs of crystal sandals that we reaaaaaallly loved -- Marni, as seen on Julia here, and J.Crew, as seen on Liz here. We both desperately wanted a pair but weren't prepared to invest in the trend. The Marni version retails for $480! So, we ordered some sandals from Nordstrom (I got these), went to Toho Shoji in the garment distract during our lunch break and whipped these up in under ten minutes. Not bad, eh?
The project is insanely simple. Click through the gallery to see how it's done!