Candy Spelling opens up about Tori's recent hospitalization

Candy Spelling Opens Up About Tori's Recent Hospitalization

Tori Spelling has had her life displayed in the tabloids a lot recently. From her husband Dean McDermott cheating, to their sex issues and her recent hospitalization, the actress has had quite a difficult past few months.

While she has been sharing her real story on her Lifetime reality series "True Tori," ET has a look at the mother-of-four's truth through the eyes of her mother, Candy.

"It's very difficult. when you see a child sick, when you see her in the hospital, with tubes in her arms, that's scary for any parent to see," the 68-year-old revealed to ET about her daughter's six-day hospitalization in late April. "She was totally dehydrated. She wasn't eating. She's very thin. It's just that Tori doesn't eat if she's stressed."

Candy said she even helped feed Tori during her recent hospital stay. "I was feeding her pudding one night, and she's going, 'Oh Mommy, I'm so glad that you're here,'" the 68-year-old said. "I love when she calls me Mommy, because it's always a good thing."

Of course, Tori and Candy's relationship hasn't always been this close. They feuded for years after Candy reportedly blamed Tori for Aaron Spelling's death in 2006, and allegedly made up around Mother's Day in 2010.

Either way, Candy says her life is about much more than Tori. In fact, she has a new memoir, "Candy at Last," in stores May 6th. In the book, she shares what it was like living amongst some of LA's most fascinating people, opens up about her marriage to late-husband Aaron Spelling, and what really went on with her family while her mega-Hollywood producer husband was suffering from Alzheimer's.

In addition to being a published author, Candy can also put successful Broadway producer on her resume. Her latest show, "After Midnight," earning seven Tony nominations, and is her fourth Tony-nominated production. Her three previous works include: "Promises, Promises," "How to Succeed in Business," and "Nice Work If You Can Get It."

Check out the video above to see more of Candy Spelling's story, including never-before-told details about her last moments with Aaron.

queencatfish2 May 07 2014 at 1:54 AM

''Candy says her life is about MUCH MORE than Tori''-what a rude,thoughtless,cold-hearted and mean spirited statement!
While I don't care for Tori myself, as a mom, that was a seriously messed up thing for Candy to say about her daughter!
What a vile and horrid mom!
What would Aaron say to this?
Unlike Candy, I believe he loved and cared for Tori!

rude May 06 2014 at 8:33 PM

Tori creates her own drama. It's bad enough she drags her kids into it. If she'd drop the need to be seen on TV and then drop her husband she'd be far better off.

twissie100 May 06 2014 at 6:39 PM

KARMA !!

mrcorrie63 May 06 2014 at 6:32 PM

Tori and Dean both cheated on their previous spouses! What goes around comes around! Sad but, true!

Evelyn Valerie May 06 2014 at 6:15 PM

It's nice to see that "mommy" is finally there.....after years of not speaking....
with all her money, why did she let her daughter go down hill so badly?!?!?!?

junior Evelyn Valerie May 06 2014 at 6:26 PM

Oh please, mommy is there because her book came out today and this was one way she could get the media to plug it for her.

kayciaccio junior May 06 2014 at 8:14 PM

junior.. I was thinking the same thing as I read this story.

Flag 0 rate up
julmarcop May 06 2014 at 5:34 PM

I;ve always admired Tori - I think she is a darling girl, pretty, (doesnt need a million face jojs) and very strong. There's nothing wrong with her trying to dress nice and look pretty, most gals do. I feel very sorry for her because of what her husband did to him. She has always loved him so much - I hope he gets better and they stay together - everyone needs a second change. As for Candy, no matter what their problem was, it's terrible that she didn't come right out and give her daughter some of her money....she has enough until her dying day - children and grandchildre come first and I do believe if she would have stepped in right away, Tori could have gotten past the money issue and would have been able to handle things a little better. i'm glad mom has come around but I hope she is helping Tori out in many ways - support, love and just being there.

michael.k.goodwin May 06 2014 at 5:28 PM

What a JAP Whackjob !

lizz3640 michael.k.goodwin May 06 2014 at 6:08 PM

Way to show your anti-semitism. Her religion has nothing to do with this.

selfenchanted lizz3640 May 06 2014 at 7:32 PM

It's not about religion - it's about her culture.

Flag 0 rate up
wk2hrd May 06 2014 at 4:57 PM

Didn't help that Candy turned her back on Tori and refused to give her inheritance to her when her dad died. Now she wants to be there after Tori had to sell herself on TV in order to survive. Glad she is there for her now though. Too bad she had to go through all of this to get her mom's attention. Hope they figure it out and take care of the children.

mrscrutty wk2hrd May 06 2014 at 5:28 PM

Tori did get her inheritance. Her father didn't give her much.

Viviangel mrscrutty May 06 2014 at 6:21 PM

I agree. If the Dad intended to leave Tori a bunch of stuff, I'm sure he would have put it in his will. Granted he had Alheimers in the end, but there's no way I believe he didn't have a will done before the Alzheimers kicked in. It really ticks me off that anyone would begrudge Candy anything she got in the will, especially Tori. After all, Candy was his WIFE, and she should be able to live in peace without someone wanting a handout. I'm sure Tori's lived a very blessed life while growing up, and if she had been wiser, she might still have had her own money left to live off of, instead of blaming her mother for her father's actions. Bottom line is that the money that was made during Aaron and Candy's marriage BELONGS to the two of them, and now that he is gone, it belongs to CANDY and no one else is automatically entitled.

Flag 0 rate up
mccarthyeverett wk2hrd May 06 2014 at 8:12 PM

oh please!!!!! Don't kid yourself, Tori has plenty of money. She has a jewlery line, and a line of childrens clothes, and has written books. She has also had other reality shows. If she has blown through all that money then too bad. She's also been in plenty of made for tv movies. I don't believe for one minute that she is hurting for money. I think she'll do anything for attention, and wouldn't doubt that this is all a publicity stunt. Maybe she should quit having plastic surgery, her face is starting to look like a ventruiliquist dummy.

Pleazantry May 06 2014 at 4:29 PM

can you really blame Dean for cheating on her? Good gawd, just look at her! Tori doesn't even look like herself anymore. She looks like the plastic mold offspring to Joan Rivers!! Stop with the surgeries, quit popping out kids and deflate that ego of yours already!! The world does need a new version of your ehausting reality tv. I used to adore Tori, but her never-ending need to remain relevant has lost all credibility to me. #JustGoAway

lovebug Pleazantry May 06 2014 at 5:35 PM

He is still her husband, for better or for worse. The kids suffer when the parents have all these problems. I think she wanted lots of kids so he would always be around, not wanting to leave the kids. He should have kept it in his pants. Shut the lights off, the thrill is still the same. SAD

Evelyn Valerie Pleazantry May 06 2014 at 6:16 PM

I don't think ego is the right word.........and unless you've been in that situation, you don't know....I was also under the impression that she did not have "work" done.

TR by ML Neal... May 06 2014 at 4:29 PM

Plastic surgeons have not been kind to Tori. She was a pretty girl when she first started out on 90210, but the constant "changes" to "better" her looks did not end well. Tori, step away from the plastic surgeons, find a new color of lipstick that doesn't make you look so harsh, and for God sake and your chidren, please...eat a sandwich.