The best and worst dressed stars at the 2014 Met Gala
At last night's Met Gala honoring the couturier Charles James, there were plenty of show-stopping looks. From Blake Lively's Old Hollywood glamour, to Emma Stone's hot pink perfection, we have enough red carpet eye candy to last us a very, very long time.
- Blake Lively kinda stole the show with this Gucci stunner.
- Katie, we absolutely love you, but you look like an extra on from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
- Lupita looks glam as always, but we're a little confused by the green feathery net.
- Diane looks sophisticated as usual in Hugo Boss, of course.
- Yowza. This Balmain dress is the new definition of fierce.
- Everything about this look is just horribly, horribly wrong.
- Leighton looked beyond gorgeous in Emilio Pucci.
- Ehh...not loving the celestial scene on the skirt.
- This Burberry gown, though -- yes please!
- Yikes! Can you say figure skater?
- Hailee looked so grown-up and chic.
- The sheer look and high neckline on Margot just wasn't doing it for us.
- Taylor really bored us with this look.
- Well done, Kim. This custom Lanvin creation is a major upgrade from last year.
- This shimmery look was perfectly pretty.
- Yes, we're totally confused by this look as well.
- Can't get over Emma Stone in Thakoon...from the pink skirt and top, to the hair, to the shoes, this look is everything!
- Maybe it's the silver or the ruching on the gown, but we really weren't feeling this one.
- Karolina definitely wins for most on-theme of the night. Her architectural stunner nailed the Charles James aesthetic.
- So cute! We're in love with this dress.
- There's a lot going on here, and we're not sure we like any of it.
- Enough said.
- Marion looked stunning and so pretty in this navy frock.
- Snoozefest! Allison looked pretty, but the look was boring.
However, all good things must come to an end, and some of the looks last night totally missed the mark. We were surprised when Taylor Swift and Amy Adams showed up in less-than-dazzling ensembles, and while we love Katie Holmes, she kinda looked like a hot mess. That's the way of the red carpet, we guess -- someone's gotta be the worst dressed!
Click through the gallery for the looks we loved and the ones that missed the mark at the 2014 Met Gala.