Beauty trend: It's all about cleansing balms
Remember when facial oils were all the rage? Well, the beauty pack has moved on to cleansing balms, which takes all the moisturizing benefits of oils and puts them into an emollient base that helps to instantly melt away even the most stubborn makeup, leaving your pores cleaned out. And of course, there are plenty of hydrating benefits to these balms as well.
- This rose-infused balm ($48) actually turns into a milky face wash once water is added to it. Chamomile oil helps calm redness, too.
- Diptyque may be known for its luxe candles, but it brings plenty of French savoir faire to its skin care line, including this balm ($65) that transforms into a cleansing oil when applied to dry skin.
- Packed with purifying ingredients like Heviz Moor mud and orange blossom, this balm ($105) has become a true cult favorite among beauty insiders.
- Fans of deliciously scented products will love this balm ($60), concocted with 100 percent natural essential oils.
- Considered the first cleansing balm, this iconic product ($50-$135) continues to win fans with its nourishing formula packed with aromatic oils and other botanicals.
- This fragrance-free cleansing balm ($75) can also double as a seriously hydrating overnight mask, with raspberry seed and cranberry seed oils adding to the revitalizing properties.
- Dissolve eye makeup instantly with this cleansing balm ($65) that works to keep skin in balance.
- If you're looking for a lightweight version, try this cleansing balm ($29) that works to remove makeup and sunscreen without leaving any greasy residue.
- Try the French way with this cleansing balm ($45) from Darphin, that combines ingredients like Ylang Ylang and Rosewood for a luxe feel.
The process is a little more involved than swiping a facial wipe across your face before you pass out with exhaustion, so leave yourself a minute or two to luxuriate. Apply the balms to dry skin, massage it in, and then add water to help it emulsify. Remove it with a muslin cloth (most formulas include the cloth with the balm), and then it's up to you how much extra moisture you want to add to your skin afterward. Ready to get balmy with it?
More from POPSUGAR:
5 Organic Skin Care Lines to Know - and Try! - Right Now
10 Beauty Commandments to Follow Before You Turn 25
Steal Anti-aging Secrets From Celebrities in Their 30s
100+ Drugstore Beauty Steals, All Under $100