Pentagon Awards $298.5 Million in Defense Contracts
The Department of Defense awarded 10 defense contracts Friday, worth $298.5 million altogether. Among the publicly traded defense contactors winning contracts:
- CACI , along with two privately owned defense contractors, won a place in a $32.6 million contract to provide comprehensive program management support, and other services, for the U.S. Navy's Bureau of Naval Personnel-Navy Personnel and Pay Modernization. The three firms winning places in this contract will bid against each other to win specific task orders to do work under this contract through June 30, 2017.
- Boeing was awarded an order to supply the U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force with up to $13.5 million worth of unspecified national stock numbers items through June 2014.
- BAE Systems was awarded an $11.3 million contract modification to perform maintenance and upgrades on the guided missile destroyer USS Bulkeley (DDG 84) through September 2014.
- Raytheon won a $10 million cost-plus-fixed-fee, multi-year, foreign military sales contract to provide services, hardware, facilities, equipment, planning, management, technical, and logistical support for testing and failure analysis to be conducted on Patriot Advanced Capability (PAC)-3 missile rounds destined for delivery to foreign military buyers in Israel, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, and the United Arab Emirates. Work on this contract should be complete by Jan 31, 2017.
- Rockwell Collins was awarded a $6.6 million option exercise to supply dozens of AN/ARC-210(V) radios and related equipment to the U.S. Air Force for installation board a variety of aircraft through December 2014.
The article Pentagon Awards $298.5 Million in Defense Contracts originally appeared on Fool.com.Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool owns shares of Raytheon Company. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2014 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.