Jesse proposes to his girl after Rick Springfield serenade

Jesse Proposes To His Girl After Rick Springfield Serenade

An audience member on the set of "Good Morning America" was brought to tears Monday when her high school sweetheart asked her a very important question.

"I love you so much. Will you marry me?"

The proposal was live and took place right after Rick Springfield came over to serenade the couple with his most famous tune.

"I wish that I had Jesse's girl."

Springfield was on the show to talk about his new novel - "Magnificent Vibration."

Yes, the man who proposed was indeed named Jesse ... and so were five other guys in the audience whose significant others were serenaded as well. But only one proposal.

"Good Morning America" posted a tweet about the special moment, and a follower said Jesse had really set the bar high with his proposal.

"Dude you just made all the single Jesses' look bad."

It's a tough one to beat! Jesse said his plan was put together on 36 hours' notice with the help of GMA producers.

Springfield is no stranger to these kinds of proposals. During a question-and-answer session in Connecticut, an audience member took the mic to ask a question -- but it wasn't for the singer.

"Would you marry me?"

As seen on YouTube, Springfield even got off the stage to hug the new bride-to-be.

Where can we find a man like that?

Kathleen May 06 2014 at 9:12 AM

Isn't anything private anymore?

ges2917 Kathleen May 06 2014 at 12:39 PM

maybe crapping in a out-house, but then you now have 2 holers

tstreasure May 06 2014 at 9:32 AM

Becoming engaged has always been a big deal and proposals have sometimes been public for all this time. Of course the more public it is the more humiliating it is if she says "No" or the more pressure on the girl to say "yes". So a guy should be sensitive to his girlfriend enough to know if she would like a public proposal and if she's likely to say "yes" because that's how she feels or because she feels pressured into it. No one should get married if they don't feel it's right and no one should feel obligated to say "yes" if they want to say "no" or "not now" or "not there yet".

zzyxx May 06 2014 at 11:31 AM

did she accept or did she opt for "THE NEW CAR"!

wlh1923 May 06 2014 at 1:23 PM

For all these hundreds of assholic idiotic clowns making public engagement displays I hope all of your proposals end up on YouTube - Marriage proposal fail. If some guy pulled that stunt and publicly embarrassed and humiliated me with that sort of act I'd simply turn and walk away without saying a word.

mramirez258 wlh1923 May 06 2014 at 2:04 PM

1923 it wasent for you aney keep your jellous words to you hater self loser the man set the bar really high he did what you coudent do how class less are you

j.pr3 wlh1923 May 06 2014 at 2:18 PM

My, my, my - a little jealous maybe. Must not have gotten the proposal she wanted at some time or other and, no wonder with that attitude. Probably still single - can't imagine why!

candoauto1 May 06 2014 at 3:41 PM

my great friend proposed to me on live tv on our local nbc channel here. It was when they were doing a live weather segment by where I live. It was so funny because I actually let him know I normally would have been happy, however I let him know that I am a lesbian. His face just turned white as a ghost. He was so embarrassed in front of the whole city. He should have seen the signs before hand, that's why I was so surprised. I mean I am a single 35 yo female driving a Subaru Forester. Its like Im screaming Lesbo, and he just didn't see it. I felt so bad for him

larry May 06 2014 at 4:11 PM

Wow ! The proposal may last longer than the marriage.

alspoolhall May 06 2014 at 4:21 PM

This was a cool proposal because of all the parts meshing. Also Rick Springfield and that song has a soft spot in a lot of girl's hearts. But guys, please make sure you're absolutely sure that your "girl" really wants to marry you before you propose in public. I'm just saying.