LOOKING BACK: 2014 NFL Mock Draft - First Round
Now that the 2014 NFL Draft has unfolded, let's take a look at how we picked...
By STEPHEN FORSHA, ToroTimes.com
Special to AOL.com
1. Houston Texans: DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
He's the best player in the draft, and the Texans need more on defense.
2. St. Louis Rams: OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
The Rams could surprise and take Sammy Watkins, but Greg Robinson is the best OT in the draft.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: LB Khalil Mack, Buffalo
There are plenty of QBs in this draft for Jacksonville. Mack gives this team more on defense as they face Andrew Luck twice a year.
4. Cleveland Browns: QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
They need excitement and a QB ... this pick will bring the Browns more attention.
5. Oakland Raiders: WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
I believe he's better than the No. 5 pick, but the Raiders will strike gold with this selection.
6. Atlanta Falcons: OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
I believe they might trade up into the Top 2 pick, but if they stay, they can add to the foundation of their offense with a steal at this selection.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
I'm a big believer in Evans, and he'll make any QB the Bucs have this season that much better. My opinion, best hands in the draft.
8. Minnesota Vikings: DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
The best DT in this entire draft, and the Vikings continue the rebuild of the defensive line.
9. Buffalo Bills: TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
The Bills are in desperate need of a TE.
10. Detroit Lions: CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
He's not my favorite CB of this draft, but I like his athleticism.
11. Tennessee Titans: QB Blake Bortles, Central Florida
My opinion is Blake Bortles will be the best QB of this draft ... maybe.
12. New York Giants: OT, Taylor Lewan, Michigan
Might be a steal at this selection, but the Giants' No. 1 priority should be adding an OT to protect Eli Manning.
13. St. Louis Rams: S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
The Rams worked on their offense at No. 2 ... now it is time to get the DB they need.
14. Chicago Bears: DT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
The Bears add to a defensive line that also now includes Jared Allen. A good replacement for Henry Melton.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
Time for the Steelers to get younger in the defensive backfield.
16. Dallas Cowboys, OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
Barr is my choice of a player to fall in the draft for no other reason than team needs. The Cowboys would be getting a player that would give them a pass rush.
17. Baltimore Ravens: S Calvin Pryor, Louisville
To get back to the top of the NFL, the Ravens need to have their traditional defense of dominance. Pryor brings that mentality.
18. New York Jets: WR Odell Beckham Jr., LSU
Beckham Jr. brings lots of speed and is the WR the Jets need for Geno Smith to take the next step in 2014.
19. Miami Dolphins: OG, Zack Martin, Notre Dame
The Dolphins really need some help on their o-line and can have the best guard in the draft with this selection.
20. Arizona Cardinals: QB, Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
The Cardinals won't take the next step in a very tough NFC West until they improve at QB, and Bridgewater can play sooner than most of the QBs in this draft.
21. Green Bay Packers: ILB, C.J. Mosley, Alabama
Yes, the Packers need help at TE, but I feel the need for an ILB to go with Clay Matthews to improve that defense is more important with the 21st pick.
22. Philadelphia Eagles: WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
Cooks seems built for this type of offense that is full of speed and energy ... just like him.
23. Kansas City Chiefs: OG Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
The Chiefs continue to add quality, young players to their offensive line.
24. Cincinnati Bengals: CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
The Bengals need to be able to cover the likes of Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown and Torrey Smith if they want to get back to the playoffs for a fourth straight season.
25. San Diego Chargers: CB Jason Verrett, TCU
The Chargers need a solid player to fill in a void at cornerback depth.
26. Cleveland Browns: WR Marqise Lee, USC
The Browns with this pick will give their new QB another threat to go opposite of Josh Gordon and on the same field as TE Jordan Cameron.
27. New Orleans Saints: OLB, Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
The Saints need more of an edge pass rush, and Shazier can fill that needed role.
28. Carolina Panthers: WR Allen Robinson, Penn State
I know it is a jump for the Panthers to take Robinson in the first, but they need a lot of help at WR and need to get the best one available at this point.
29. New England Patriots: DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
At 6-6, 310 pounds, he could be a part of the next Super Bowl-quality defense the Patriots need to start building.
30. San Francisco 49ers: DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
The best defense will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, and the 49ers need to add to their defense to compete with the Seahawks. Plus, this pick gives them another pass rush they need.
31. Denver Broncos: OG David Yankey, Stanford
The Broncos have added to their defense via free agency, and now they will add some youth to their offensive line.
32: Seattle Seahawks: OT, Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama
The Seahawks have the dominating defense. Now it's time to work on the base of the offense to catch up with the defense.
Follow Toro Times on Twitter: @Texans_TT