Ride at Disney centerpiece of New Fantasyland

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - The centerpiece of the New Fantasyland area inside the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World will open to the public on May 28.

On Friday, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs announced the opening date of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

The ride is a roller coaster aimed at the whole family. It does have a height requirement of 38 inches (97 cm).

It takes guests throughout the forested world of the dwarfs, then plunges them into a mine with glowing gems. Scenes and songs from the movie "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" play during the ride, and animatronic dwarfs and animals also make an appearance.

There are some steep hills and quick plunges, and the coaster's cars pivot back and forth.

strottal May 02 2014 at 12:25 PM

Me too!

mmcle82796 May 02 2014 at 3:49 PM

We were in Disneyworld after a 7 day Disney cruise and I noticed a lot of the prices are higher. The thing that really ticks me off is that they consider a child of 9 an adult and they can't have the children's menu. Even in the Be Our Guest restaurant where the meals were nothing a child would order. Disney Cruise Line has actually doubled the prices for 2015 and I suspect the DW hotels will be going up again. The new wristbands are okay if they work which mine didn't late a night trying to get into my hotel room and you can only book 3 fastpasses per day so it isn't like you can plan your entire day. We have decided to go other places and use other cruise lines for our next vacation. Disney is just way too expensive.

yanksace69 mmcle82796 May 02 2014 at 4:01 PM

but its cheaper if you come from outside the states. went for 20 years in a row got to expensive for us. thank god my kids are older now. we go on 3 cruises a year now. f DISNEY

bigbar2g mmcle82796 May 02 2014 at 6:43 PM

I find Disney to be very reasonable Its a great place to go and you have a variety of things to do Where can you go get all the park passes and meals and stay for 6 nights 7 days for under 3500

bigbar2g bigbar2g May 02 2014 at 6:44 PM

Btw i am not in anyway saying that the food is great LOL

Flag +1 rate up
impactvqi bigbar2g May 02 2014 at 10:58 PM

Where can you go get all the park passes and meals and stay for 6 nights 7 days for under 3500 for two people

Flag +1 rate up
seacsupertek May 02 2014 at 3:58 PM

We go in the fall just at the beginning of Christmas the parks are beautiful the crowds are thing and we enjoy every parade every electric boat parade and who does fireworks better Than Disney I say there is something for everyone.

Richie May 02 2014 at 4:15 PM

I'm boycotting Disney all together for pulling support for the Boy Scouts for not allowing gay scout leaders. That's Disney's business, but I don't agree with it, so they aren't getting my $$ ever again.

Mike May 03 2014 at 11:39 AM

I would never go to Disney. I hear that they have such a bad mice problem that they parade around openly.

my3rdrockavatar Mike May 03 2014 at 12:03 PM

LOL, cute!

clyogi Mike May 03 2014 at 12:54 PM

I have been to Disney World and Disneyland, in total, more than twenty times. The only mice I have ever seen are Mickey and Minnie.

Mouse May 03 2014 at 11:23 AM

When you buy your tickets at Disney they include four parks. The Magic Kingdom is the most popular park. When that is crowded you can go to EPCOT, Animal Kingdom or Disney Studios with the same ticket. There is always something you can do that is fun. My family has never lacked for something fun to do at the Disney parks whether it is too hot, too cold, too crowded. And, I am in a wheelchair on oxygen. The only time I felt bad or had a hard time was when a guest behind me told me I was in her way and I was too slow and to get out of the way. We all have a responsibility to also think of those around us. Remember that everyone at parks are trying to have a good time. The workers are trying to help us have a good time and keep everyone safe. Kindness and patience is the way to go.

archersdad13 May 02 2014 at 5:51 PM

can't wait

smokeyscape1 May 02 2014 at 5:57 PM

I am not going to Disney for a while .Maybe in 10 years if they get there customer service straightened out. Last year my family went and it was the worst vacation we have ever experienced. The Disney employees were rude . They were yelling at everyone in line because the line wasn't moving fast enough but you can only walk so fast if your disable and a hundred people in front of you in line. Also staying at the resort was a mistake. Buses are always late and you never can get to the park on time and take advantage of staying in a resort . Also how about turning the temperature down on the water coolers. Its like drinking out of a water heater. Disney has a problem with overcrowding and they gouge the consumer for every penny they can get. Universal is much better with the meal plan and free refills. Oh and you can actually get to ride an attraction without waiting for 2 hours. Even the fast pass system has a line. I never thought a would say this but Disney is not fun anymore.!!

bigbar2g smokeyscape1 May 02 2014 at 6:39 PM

Smokey not sure where you stayed and what line you were in But if you have a disability Disney has a line that allows those people to move to the Fast Pass lane i have been to Disney numerous times and I can say that I had 1 bad expierience When i got home i wrote a letter to Disney and 2 weeks later I got tickets for all the parks for my entire family Good Luck

Stacey bigbar2g May 02 2014 at 11:39 PM

Actually, very few of the attractions have access for people with disabilities, and even those that do can still have quite a long line.

Flag 0 rate up
FlyGuy937 smokeyscape1 May 03 2014 at 3:32 AM

How can you call the busses late? There's no specific time that they stop, they just run on a continuous loop.

John May 02 2014 at 6:40 PM

just can't the "vacation" part of it when you spend all your time in crowds and in line waiting and high fees

ckossup May 02 2014 at 7:45 PM

Go 2nd week in November. no lines what so ever. no crowds. They due limit the attendance in the parks. Magic Kingdom has a 75,000 attendance limit