Marines caught singing 'Let It Go'

Marines Belt Out 'Let It Go'

Okay, so if you haven't heard of that new Disney movie taking the world by storm - you've been living under a rock.

Yes, we mean "Frozen." And the film's song "Let It Go," which skyrocketed to fame, has been covered by many, Including cute kids and even adults belting out the tune.

But today we bring you a different cover. From some men in uniform.

And in case you hadn't noticed - they started freaking out over the part when Elsa gets ... ummm ... let's just say ... sexier.

The man who claims responsibility for the video recently posted to Facebook - writing he didn't think he could get this much attention for a video - and that some of his fellow Marines think he's foolish ... but he still thanks everyone for their support.

And several news outlets have been picking this up - even Time, for cryin' out loud. It called the video "The Best Thing You'll See All Day."

I don't know ... we really had this cute kitten video up there as one of the best we'd seen this morning ... oh, that's just us? Awkwarrrd.

We do think BuzzFeed was a little dramatic, saying the video would "save" our day, but we enjoy the simple line at the end: "Murrica."

LMetz11822 May 05 2014 at 12:57 PM

I haven't seen the movie "Frozen", but if it takes these marines minds off of the realities of where they are at then I am pleased that this movie was available for them to watch. As for these people who have a problem with our soldiers watching an animated movie; my experience has been that the more macho that a guy acts the more he is hiding the fact that he is a wimp and coward deep down inside.

tcarley336 May 02 2014 at 8:36 PM

As a MARINE who served 27 years of active duty and attained the rank of Master Gunnery Sergeant E-9, I have plenty to say about these young MARINES acting up.

GIT'er done jarheads and SEMPER FI. You are indeed are outstanding young men. My favorite movie is Willy Wonka, I cried when Old Yeller died and I love my wife. I was an elite operator in the Force Recon, starting my time in Viet Nam and retiring after several combat situations all over the planet earth.

Snoopy you go ahead and send your Commie friends to see us and you'll see and hear the sound of the crap hitting the fan. THE FINE MEN THE CORPS will yell proudly the sound in case you missed it because of the beating they dealing out, the sound is "MARINE"

SEMPER FI MARINES AND BROTHERS OF THE EGA

gmgpjandon May 02 2014 at 8:43 PM

Not if, but when the US goes to war with Russia, China or N Korea, rest assured they will deeply appreciate the sensitivity of Americans. Problem is, there won't be any place to come home to and tell the world just how sensitive they were.

Max Lilly May 02 2014 at 9:00 PM

So when the sht hits the fan, who do they call? USMC, then the President wants to know where are the Carriers (which are full of Marines). I have the highest respect for Marine Corps, they fight to the death, but laughing is good medicine. Once a Warrior, forever wired. Okay, so they laugh at Disney cartoons. Don't let the DI's catch you. I remember when I was flying Hueys in Vietnam, we would joke around a little, saying things over the UHF/VHF radios, Pilot to the Tower, give me the word and I'll pull in the power. The Tower would respond with, "who said that"? And we would say we might be funny but we are not stupid. Thanks Marines, you saved my ARS many a time. Hope you come home soon. I am a 100% service connected disabled veteran and am still proud to this day that I could give it my all while on active duty. Semper Fi

jrwolfman1 Max Lilly May 03 2014 at 1:45 AM

I am also with you 100% disabled and retired. I was born on Camp LeJuene Naval Hospital (the old one), My father served 27 years in the USMC many tours in Vietnam and got 2 purple hearts. My Grandfather retired 32 years Army COL wwII. I complete almost 12 years in the Corp and got caught up in the Bush1 RIF. I then joined the Army and served 14 years and was forced to retire after being injured.

One thing we must consider is this is a new USMC what I call the Pepsi Generation. They now have to be more poitically correct. A lot of the cadances we used to call are no longer authorized "to harsh for women Marines and Civilians to hear", my last CO said. Its funny when I enlisted in teh Army and didnt know anything about Army life. I was a SGT and figured they would at least give me an indoc. Nope I had to jump into my leadership role.

Since I didnt know any Army cadances I pulled out the My moms a vegetable, she lives in a hospital... I received my very first NJP from a COl who heard.

jrwolfman1 Max Lilly May 03 2014 at 1:46 AM

~Ran out of characters

Semper Fi

carmpence May 02 2014 at 9:01 PM

I don't think it's cute or adorable. sorry. looks stupid.

cee64e carmpence May 02 2014 at 9:17 PM

Your Fedora is too tight.

s_hasting cee64e May 05 2014 at 7:48 AM

I almost had coffee come out my nose on that comment . Thank you for the Laugh!! Love it!!

Flag 0 rate up
sexyychic23 carmpence May 03 2014 at 2:21 AM

Look at your dumb little icon. Shut your mouth.

jimnamy2823 May 02 2014 at 9:25 PM

I am very thankful these men have a moment to enjoy a simple song. They hold a lot of responsibilities upon their shoulders and if for an hour or two can catch a popular movie and get lost in a goofy song then so be it. They are together, they are not alone in room with nothing to live for contemplating suicide which is horribly prevalent in our courageous warriors. I wonder how many may have a child they have been talking with that has spoken about the movie or if they have younger siblings at home that they can relate with in knowing the movie, or they are cool sporadic uncles that a child looks up to. It is a song its a happy thing...they are honorable in their duties and are having honest carefree moments that are making lots of people laugh...big deal!!

lisacatz May 02 2014 at 9:50 PM

This really humanizes the soldiers. Fantastic!!!

jcatacomb55 lisacatz May 02 2014 at 10:05 PM

we aren't soldiers, we are MARINES. For those of us who have earned that title, its extremely important.

jrwolfman1 jcatacomb55 May 03 2014 at 2:03 AM

Actually some of us are/ were both. Remember not every civilian know the difference, all they see is a cammo uniform and everyone is either a Marine or Soldier.

The infighting among the branches are nothing more than a hatred your DI's or movies have put into your brain housing group.

There is no point in trying to belittle a civilian such as Lisacatz, it actually makes you seem cold and not humanized.

It's also not really good PR.

Get it!

Semper Fi

Flag +2 rate up
baileysno1lala May 02 2014 at 10:09 PM

Awesome!! Semper fi!

lthrnck68 May 02 2014 at 10:31 PM

Where were these Marines when they were singing this?

jrwolfman1 lthrnck68 May 03 2014 at 2:07 AM

They could be any place in the world. Does it really matter? I am also sure this is not an isolated event. Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen are probably singing these songs all over the world.

Nothing wrong with some good clean fun.

Unlike all of the movies shown on TV, we do live normal lives and enjoy a destressor moment from time to time.

s_hasting lthrnck68 May 05 2014 at 7:39 AM

More then likely at home taking some much needed R&R with friends. Do You have a problem with that????? I do believe they are allowed liberties, they are full on Adult Grown Men, that have Given up their Lives to Fight for the Freedoms of Our Great Nation, and you want to take away their ability to laugh. I Say Shame on you. How would you feel if someone told you that you are not allowed to laugh over anything. Or maybe that is already how you live your live. The way I live mine is to try to make people Smile and Laugh, to try so Spread Joy and Happiness. But then again I work with the Sick and The Dying, Compassion is Very much a part of my life every day. So is Empathy and Sympathy. All of these words are in the dictionary if they are too large for you to think of the true meaning. Laughter is The Best Medicine, it is Medically proven.

msggov May 02 2014 at 11:13 PM

Haven't heard the song seen the movie and I don't live under a rock, I have better things to do with my time than to wander through a fantasy land.

Anne msggov May 02 2014 at 11:30 PM

It's sorta nice to visit a fantasy land once in a while, especially if it can make you temporarily happier. I think those Marines felt happy while singing along....

jmg62 msggov May 03 2014 at 2:59 AM

HEY! Yeah msggov - like upping to go fight the enemies of the UNITED STATES? We do more by 9 AM than your fat butt does all day! If we feel like watching a movie for a couple hours and it's such a waste of time - take it up with your CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVE. Another "sequester" and what will YOU give up? You ARE a rock.

World Series