Alessandra Ambrosio shows us how to rock hat hair -- just in time for the Kentucky Derby
So, we're totally aware that one wouldn't normally wear a Panama hat to the Kentucky Derby, but when we saw this photo of Alessandra Ambrosio at an amusement park in Los Angeles this week, we couldn't help but think of the ol' horse races happening today and tomorrow, Friday, May 3rd.
- Kate Beckinsale's twist-y bun at the 2014 LACMA Art + Film Gala.
- Emma Stone attends the premiere of 'Birdman' during the New York Film Festival.
- Selena Gomez rocked a sleek bun at the 'Rudderless' premiere in Los Angeles.
- We're calling it now -- the middle-parted bob, like this one on Rose Byrne, is the going to be the hottest hair look of the season.
- Chloe Grace Moretz's swept-up, no frills bun at the Toronto International Film Festival this week.
- Gwen Stefani's straight and sleek midi bob at the Emmy Awards.
- Nina Dobrev's messy braid at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards.
- Julianne Hough arrives at the Los Angeles Premiere 'Let's Be Cops', sporting a platinum pixie bob.
- Jessica Alba's deep side part during the press tour for her new movie, 'Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For', during Comic-Con.
- Kate Bosworth's gorgeous braided updo at the Style Thief app launch at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
- Diane Kruger's double braid situation at the red carpet premiere of "The Bridge".
- Olivia Wilde at a movie premiere in NYC.
- Alessandra Ambrosio rocks a ponytail underneath her Panama hat at an amusement park in Los Angeles.
- Jennifer Lawrence stepped out in NYC with a grown-out pixie cut.
- Katie Holmes out and about in NYC -- with bangs!
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge shows off her ponytail during the royal tour in New Zealand.
- Kate Upton sports a sexy, voluminous updo at the UK Gala premiere of 'The Other Woman' in London.
- Nina Dobrev sports a hair bow at the 2014 PaleyFest.
- Emma Stone goes red again at The Amazing Spider-Man 2 photo call in Sydney, Australia.
Alessandra's casual, slightly messy but still pulled-together side pony is the perfect example of hat hair done right. Having a ginormous hat planted on your head is kind of enough to deal with already, so keeping your hair look simple and easy is the key to looking great in headwear. We're going to guess Kate Middleton (or Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge) knows a thing or two on this subject as well.
Whether you're headed to the Kentucky Derby this weekend, or just out and about enjoying the spring weather, we suggest trying a low pony under the hat of your choice -- baseball, Panama, or otherwise, it's a surefire way to look cute.
Click through the gallery above to see more hair looks we're loving right now.