White House PSA is star-studded

Star-Studded PSA Against Sexual Assault

The White House is calling on some of Hollywood's hottest hunks to help fight sexual assault.

In it's latest star-studded PSA, President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden team up with Daniel Craig, Seth Meyers, Benicio Del Toro, Steve Carell and Dule Hill to deliver a simple and direct message.

The PSA is the second from the administration's "1 is 2 Many campaign" and follows Biden's big speech on sexual assault against students. The first video in the campaign also featured big names like David Beckham and Eli Manning.

But Biden said making the personal calls to get them involved wasn't so easy....at first.

He said, quote, "I'm not used to making calls to big old movie stars. But I called them. And every one of them said immediately, 'What can I do?'"

The United States is among the countries with the highest rape rates - with 1 out of every 6 women becoming the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime.

jrwolfman1 April 30 2014 at 7:05 PM

Where were the women actors?

nsheats April 30 2014 at 5:48 PM

Excellent.. Why couldnt we Republicans do something like this?

buddhaaaaa April 30 2014 at 5:47 PM

How dare this White House attempt to discourage the abuse of women.
Just whose side are they on, anyway?
Shame on them for not doing the opposite.
And while I'm at it ...
They not only need to stop protecting women, they need to stop protecting the environment and they need to be starting more wars.
They need to give even bigger tax breaks to the rich and start taxing the poor more.
The poor can afford it, while we all know those poor rich people need even more so they can get even richer.
Yeah ... That's the ticket !!!

chesteredwrd buddhaaaaa April 30 2014 at 5:49 PM

Women are already more protected than men and children, and for the most part have always been protected and pedestalized by society. Now Obama is just rubbing men's noses in how much contempt he has for us so his party continues to get the feminazi vote.

you knucklehead buddhaaaaa April 30 2014 at 9:37 PM

Holy Crap!! You ARE in the dark aren't you?

buddhaaaaa April 30 2014 at 5:39 PM

There they go again, attempting to do something good.
How dare they !!?!!
Especially trying to protect women?
Really ??????
Darn Democrats ... always trying to make the world a better place.
What nerve !!!

MICHAEL buddhaaaaa April 30 2014 at 5:44 PM

you sure dont see the republicans or tea baggers doing anything. anything about anything, much less rape.

fssalt MICHAEL April 30 2014 at 6:07 PM

have you a**holes seen the news today..... .1% economic growth I know I know it's Bush's fault

Flag +2 rate up
Chayote56 MICHAEL April 30 2014 at 6:21 PM

you are also a moron

Flag +2 rate up
buddhaaaaa April 30 2014 at 5:35 PM

I see those darn liberals are at it again.
The nerve of them, trying to prevent abuse of their fellow Americans.
And women no less.
Just what are they trying to accomplish anyway?

lov2elkhnt April 30 2014 at 5:33 PM

Include the assualt on tax payor's wallets and lack of spending control with this and we'll talk. Debt and spending is the least talked about problem in the USA and the absolute biggest problem. Left wingnuts pour billions into law enforcement but only raises happen and hires go by the wayside. Because of the lack of interest in collective problems, I personally don't give a rat's butt about the problems the left bring up since they indeed help create them like this one with vile films victimizing women and children for profit and then say it's art. Govt and the left that supports this left wingnut govt are talking out paper rectums.

tpat912 April 30 2014 at 5:31 PM

This is like inviting the rapists into your home. Hollywood is the place where we develop those that perform sexual assault. Only Obama.

English April 30 2014 at 5:30 PM

Who cares what this White House has to say, chances are it is a lie anyway.

Sean I Nesbit English April 30 2014 at 5:45 PM

Yeah...women aren't raped! It's not men doing it! How can we trust a black Muslim...right? Give it a rest!!!

jrwolfman1 Sean I Nesbit April 30 2014 at 6:57 PM

Women are also raping men and boys. I will let you in on a little secret- Its a politcal move and nothing else. They got a bunch of commedians because they are all laughing out the side of their mouths.

Flag 0 rate up
John Krikorian April 30 2014 at 5:29 PM

Every time I look at headlines I am more and more disgusted. This administration is by far the most useless I have ever seen. If it is not men being told that rape is bad, it is black men telling the world that white men are bad. WTF. I thought this was the POTUS that was going to bring us all together so we of all races, creeds and sex sit around the camp fire and hold hands singing songs. This country is in worse shape now than it has ever been in my lifetime. It is like a bad dream.......We need to vote all these idiots out asap. Bring Sanity back to this once great nation.

kcarthey John Krikorian April 30 2014 at 5:38 PM

Sorry, but I disagree. We are finally facing some realities that have needed to be faced for some time, just as we faced some realities, a lot of them really, in the 1960s. We, my generation, effected change then and we're willing along with today's youth, to effect change today. And in the meantime, those like you were never willing to get togther and unify, particularly with a President who was not an older WASP. At this point, I as an older WASP have no desire to unify with those who think like you or those who view this nation as being in the shape you see it to be in.

rickulsh kcarthey April 30 2014 at 6:12 PM

your totally wrong , I grew up in the late 50 s and 60 s , Its terrible now , I remember civil rights movement , the conflict in asia , we have more hatred now versus then

Flag +2 rate up
jrwolfman1 kcarthey April 30 2014 at 6:58 PM

Last I knew it takes two to tango.

Flag 0 rate up
buddhaaaaa April 30 2014 at 5:59 PM

Imagine our Country completely controlled by today's GOP.
Waging their war on women
Waging their war on Science
Waging their war on the poor
Waging their war on minorities
If they had their way only their fellow Republicans would
even be allowed to vote.
I think that pretty much sums it all up.