Top 3 late night moments: Lauer figures out Savannah's secret (and more)

Late Night Laughs: 'Modern Family' Rashes, Diane Keaton's A Wino

From Matt Lauer figuring out that Savannah was pregnant to a funny 'Modern Family' reunion, these are your top three moments from the late night TV shows.

Number three - on Kimmel, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet hadn't seen each other since wrapping filming on 'Modern Family.' And they couldn't wait to catch up.

"You go any where?"
"I did go a few places but I have some questions -- is everything going on with?"
"Still happening."
"And the rash is better?"
"The rash is better."
"Guys, guys we're on television."
"And we're back to the interview!"

Of course they were kidding ... but hey, always good to catch up on a rash.

At number two, Jimmy Fallon tried to show Diane Keaton how to play beer pong. But you can't teach an old drinker new tricks. Keaton wanted to play with red wine - and wanted it right away.

"You don't drink it for fun, it's a punishment. No, you're bad. That's why you drink."
"Please, just one little drink?"
"No. You wait. You calm down you crazy wino."

We're gonna guess Diane's heard that before.

And at number one - on 'Late Night,' Matt Lauer told the story of discovering co-host Savannah Guthrie was pregnant. When they were covering the Olympics in Sochi, he noticed she wasn't doing vodka shots with the rest of the 'Today' show crew.

"I texted her -- I said, 'are you pregnant?'"
"I got this very curt message back like, 'yes, shut up. Don't tell anybody."
"No, what I said was, 'How can you ask me that when Putin is listening to us?'"

Excellent thinking Savannah. Matt said after that, she had him take all of her vodka shots so no one else would find out. Excellent thinking, Matt.

Foamrock April 30 2014 at 10:53 PM

Looks like I'm one of the few who actually LIKE Matt. He's smart, started out on the Today Show reading the news. He married first, THEN had kids. Has a beautiful wife and children and he's smart. Leave him alone, don't ya'll have something else to talk about besides beating up on Matt? And yeah, I do believe they are role models and I am upset that Savannah didn't get married first, but at least she did get married and has a respectable, responsible husband with a job.. far too many pregnant women these days don't. Today Show has been my favorite morning show since I was quite small. I'm not changing shows in the am, since I really do not like GMA and could care less about CBS's am show... and btw... hasn't anyone read about Ann Curry? Clearly there have been witnesses who said she brought her ratings disaster on herself. It was obvious from the beginning she wasn't cut out to be a host, but she's is a great reporter and does a fantastic job at that. Move on folks!

dashdzl Foamrock May 01 2014 at 1:00 AM

And Lauer himself has been married several times.

john April 30 2014 at 4:28 PM

no one watches the Today Show...Fox is much better than GMA also...get with it people

srkoa john April 30 2014 at 5:16 PM

Use CBS as a doormat. Their commie pinko stinks.

Brock john April 30 2014 at 7:06 PM

actually, when I watch it, CBS has this entity in the mornings that is called...(gasp!) NEWS!

madfam004 April 30 2014 at 4:31 PM

Sure since he has become one of the girls he has been able to think like one.

Rachele April 30 2014 at 4:34 PM

OMG...This is news? LOL BFD!!!

johnj1314 April 30 2014 at 6:08 PM

Lauer is such a wimp/nerd look at him in the picture crossing his legs like a girl. No one watches today since they dumped Ann Curry. I just want to know why AOL thinks this news.

Marcia johnj1314 April 30 2014 at 6:13 PM

Unfortunately, I only get the Today Show where I live. It is pathetic but I do like to stay in touch with news in the USA.

Jennifer Marcia April 30 2014 at 8:23 PM

Read the internet. There is no news on The Today Show.

Flag +1 rate up
zelz April 30 2014 at 7:20 PM

I think it is sort of shameful that a person with national standing on a tv show make such a deal about being 4 months pregnant and the will get married immediately. Add this to problems with the morality in this country going to hell. Have the baby but one need not make a major play on TV about it...with all the hullabaloo by her peers. Explain it to the child when he gets older.....nice to know thats how he/she started out in life...sorry folks I guess I'm a bit too old to appreciate the happiness taht goes with a premarital preganancy..

Wayne A Youngs April 30 2014 at 7:44 PM

Matt might be the father

scoot62 April 30 2014 at 7:44 PM

Where is the "who cares" button?

u8nt4me April 30 2014 at 7:46 PM

National Bull**it Channel, go back to investigative reports. I'm sick and tired of hearing host commentaries. Just report the news, I don't want to see you shake your head or hear your opinion.

Jennifer April 30 2014 at 8:21 PM

I still can't understand why the Today show is under the auspices of the "News" department of NBC and not the "Entertainmen" department. There is very little news to speak of and the entire show has degenerated into this gaggle of people who do little more than talk over each other constantly between the plethora of commercials. Really?

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal