12 shoes every woman should own
A basic black pump in suede or leather is the ultimate go-to, they pull together any outfit and add instant sophistication.
Laura Brown in Manolo Blahnik pump
- Manolo Blahnik pumps, $595, neimanmarcus.com.
A barely-there ankle-strap sandal goes with just about anything and lengthens your legs.
Carine Roitfeld in Givenchy Sandals
- Narciso Rodriguez sandals, $895, shopBAZAAR.com.
Need to add a little edge to your look? Ankle boots do the trick when paired with jeans or dresses.
Amanda Weiner in 3.1 Phillip Lim boots
- Saint Laurent Paris booties, $950, net-a-porter.com.
The quintessential run-around shoe, and a preppy-wardrobe staple, we favor a basic black or a bright color when it comes to flats.
- Repetto flats, $215, stylebop.com.
Snakeskin or leopard heels add sultry style to your look. We also consider this print a neutral when mixing with other prints.
- Pierre Hardy pumps, $915, shopBAZAAR.com.
- Metallic heels are a no-brainer for an evening look—but they also work for daytime.
- Jimmy Choo sandals, $850, net-a-porter.com.
This '90s style is making a serious comeback—the stacked heel gives you a little height without sacricing any comfort.
Joanna Hillman in Celine sandals
- Marni sandals, $770, shopBAZAAR.com.
Wedges lend a lot of height and a lot of style.
Shea Marie in Celine wedges
- Michael Kors wedges, $650, shopBAZAAR.com.
A fashionable sneaker is the perfect weekend shoe, pair it with jeans and dresses alike.
Nasiba Adilova in Comme Des Garcons sneakers
- Superga sneakers, $65, superga-usa.com.
- The ubiquitous summer shoe to pair with everything from cut-off shorts to a floral sundress.
- K. Jacques sandals, $300, shopBAZAAR.com.
- Tall boots, especially with a nod to equestrian style are timeless. They're essential for fall, and add polish to a t-shirt and jeans look.
- Gucci boots, $1,350, net-a-porter.com.
Through snow and ice—all-weather boots are a must, especially when you can't bear to put on chunky snow boots for the umpteenth time.
- Frye boots, $298, thefryecompany.com.
More from Harper's Bazaar:
How to Pronounce Designer Names 101
5 Pieces That Make You Look Instantly Dated
11 Things Every Fashionable Woman Should Have By 30
10 Reasons to Date a Fashion Girl