Family says 'demon house' terrorized them for years

Family Says 'Demon House' Terrorized Them for Years

What one Pittsburgh family thought was their dream home turned out to be a house of horrors.

In a new book based on true events titled "The Demon of Browsnville Road," the Cranmer family claims that a demon terrorized them in their home for years.

Looking back, the Cranmer family says they should have realized something was wrong. They put in a low-ball offer on the home, and expected some haggling. "It was like -- SOLD!," Bob laughed, remembering how quickly the home became theirs. Bob recalls staring at the house as a child, dreaming about when it could be his. It has six fireplaces and three stories.

When they first moved in, odd things began happening but they were innocuous -– water left running, radios turning on. "Things that you kinda got used to," Bob explained.

For 10 years, the unexplained activity continued. Then, in 2003, it intensified. "This thing was out to get us," he said. Soon, instances of broken crosses and bleeding walls had the family terrified. "We'd wake up with scratches and bite marks." Eventually, "it would mangle and break the crosses on rosaries, crosses around their necks."

The worst, Bob said, was a "manifestation of a foul substance" found on the walls. Lab tests were inconclusive. "It's some type of fluid, but we found skin cells in it," Bob said. The odd substance was splattered all over the home.

It wasn't until exorcists forced the demon to leave that the family finally had peace.

The family says they are publishing their nightmarish story in an effort to help others.
For more on the Demon of Brownsville Road story check out the Facebook page here.

JOHN April 30 2014 at 11:24 AM

Soooo for 10 years you put up with it??? How bad could it have been? If my walls bleed I'm out that day, oh a book now? How convenient

kvave April 30 2014 at 3:26 PM

INFO : IT ISNT THE WORDS OF THE EXORCISM THAT FORCES A SPIRIT OUT ITS THE ENERGY AND INTENT. This is a Good story for all those "Finality" of Death folks to read.

After we Die , we continue . Many Stay , some come back. There is Good and Evil in this World . But there are No Winged Harp Players or Half Goat men whom eat Babies. Inhuman Spirits do exist , however most are Humans that "Project" themselves to be such and promote fear. True "Demons" are very rare . And they dont come from "Hell" They are Elemental Creatures . Shadow People are Humans never meant to enter our World. Educate oneself. This is why in these cases , firm resolve , knowledge of Native and Elements works very well. Heaven is not Final , nor is there an inescapable "hell"

steelebook kvave April 30 2014 at 3:43 PM

Your eyes are rolling around in your head , aren't they?

serious.stuff kvave April 30 2014 at 4:50 PM

Have we been playing XBox a little too long today? Or are you much older than you appear? Boy, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. These people drive on the same roads I do...goodness gracious!

Susie April 30 2014 at 3:25 PM

We once stayed at a old hotel in Old Town Ft. Collins, Colorado that was a turn of the century hotel for the rich then later a flop house for prositutes, etc. Updated and expensive now but we heard pipes banging all night, noises of someone walking up and down the hall and other disturbing instances. My husband got up twice and opened the door to our room when he was awakened by something he nor I could figure out. Voices and someone walking up and down the hallway. Of course we didn't see anything. Will not stay there again and we are not easily scared of the super natural. I guess I do believe in demons and wonder if this is why we have so much hateful killings these days. This kind of thing didnt happen 50 years ago or at least the media wasn't as fast to report it. We made heros of people like Bonnie and Clyde, Jesse James. I think IN COLD BLOOD was a first for many my age to know their are killers out there that are ruthless. Today some not think twice about killing.

fwlrcj Susie April 30 2014 at 3:38 PM

The problem is with voices and walking down the hall could be people on the floor above so nothing conclusive about that.

serious.stuff Susie April 30 2014 at 4:54 PM

I don't believe in demons BUT...I would much appreciate knowing the name of that hotel. I am a professional photographer and computer consultant. I would gladly load my truck, set up at least a half dozen cameras and see what happens. I do so love a good ghost story....and I need to get out of the house more! LOL! (No, I'm certainly not beyond laughing at myself). It is 3/4's across the country for me, but heck...it would be so much fun.

ndqnsny April 30 2014 at 3:01 PM

However, I looked through the peep hole and when I did this is no lie her eye was right on the peep hole looking in from the outside. Now if that is not enough to freak you out. About a year later I was watching 20/20 special from Florida regarding Excorcisim about a girl possessed. It turned out to be the girl that use tolive above me in the New York area. When I asked my mother about this my mother explained that "she knew from speaking to the girls mother that the girl was having problems and might have been possessed from her conversation with the girls mother and that she never told me anything not to worry me that is the reason that the girl and her family had moved to seek help for her and try to move her away from there." So go figure! Now you may say this is BS as well but I ask you what do I have to gain from sharing this story?

ndqnsny April 30 2014 at 2:53 PM

One morning I woke up to see a bunch of clothing and bags hanging from a tree branch and scattered all over the grass area. I thought it was a bit odd but dismmissed it as maybe people littering as there were other tenants. Last time I saw this girl I was walking in to my apartment or flat and the stairs leading from the upper levels was located leading direclty where my apartment/flat was located so in essence if I opened the door I could see stairs leading down to first level where I resided and through the peep hole on the door I could also see the stair case or who was outside the door. well, this particular day I was walking into my apartment I believe I was getting home from school or playing outside when I had a feeling someone was watching me. When I looked over my shoulder the girl from above at the top of the stair case looking down at me. So since she and I never really spoke I always thought she was a bit weird or off I proceeded into my place and locked the door.

cdooge ndqnsny April 30 2014 at 3:35 PM

That is amazing! I have a staircase in my house too! Scary.

EfinTwistedT cdooge April 30 2014 at 10:52 PM

you are hysterical ; )
thanks for the laughs!

Flag 0 rate up
joshua25tree April 30 2014 at 2:32 PM

Naysayers can believe what they want to believe, but energy does exist and we're all made up of energy that goes somewhere after we die. I don't believe in ghosts and demons per se, but I do believe in energy remaining especially after traumatic events. I used to be blase until I started buying selling antiques and antiquities, and after some of my experiences of energies attached to those things and then attaching to me.... I believe very strongly and I quit the business due to what happened to me and those around me, even though I was making 6 figures a year. I think something is going on environmentally and/or cosmically that is making the energies stronger, I also think as we get physically and mentally weaker-these energies are able to affect/ control us even more. I have seen "spirits", I have had not so bad to strange to terrible things happen to me because of having energies attach to me. Just because things are intangible, doesn't mean they don't exist, just like energy.

ndqnsny April 30 2014 at 2:22 PM

Well, it could be BS however I would not be so quick to dismiss that huanted places and bad omens can exsist. There was a home in Connecticut which yes a movie was made out of like Amittyville horror althought I believe Amittyville horror was based on what really accurred in Connecticut and not what really happened in Long Island. Other places here and outside the U.S. are or have been known to be haunted. Are we just going to turn a blind eye that evil does exsist? I can tell you there was a girl that lived in the same building complex as I did when I was a child about with her mother and sister. She lived on the second floor I lived in the First level. Long story short she was always a bit weird to me. Occasionally, I would here some noises coming from where she lived seemed like arguing and doors would slam occasionally but at different hours of the night and early morning hours. Occasionally, I would see what appeared like garbage being tossed out the window.

Devildolldee April 30 2014 at 2:16 PM

Whether or not one believes in the supernatural, I must admit I LOVE a good ghost story. :)

serious.stuff Devildolldee April 30 2014 at 5:10 PM

Me too!

BOB April 30 2014 at 1:46 PM

I was very critrical of people making these claims and called them kooks but now I am experiencing some events in my house too. A couple of yrs ago we started unexplained banging on the walls, eerie whispers, passing glimpses of figures , mocking voices and evil sounding laughing, My grandson who lives with us has been choked twice and scratched once. The other night I picked up a book that I reasd lasst year from my book shelf to confirm that the title was the same as a new movie. After i saw it was the same book as the movie I placed it back on the shelf. That night I heard a bang, The nest day I found the book on the floor. The title is There is a Heaven. Now I AM SCARED.

bdreamcat April 30 2014 at 3:26 PM

How can you pass this off as news? Really, only encouraging religious fanaticism and superstition. This belongs on a paranormal web site not on a news page passed off as fact.