Blake Shelton tweets out Adam Levine's cell number

'The Voice': Blake Shelton Tweets Out Adam Levine's Personal Cell Number

On "The Voice," Blake Shelton and Adam Levine were up to their usual antics -- but this time, Blake took it maybe a little too far.

BLAKE: "I just tweeted his phone number!... I just did it."

CARSON: "Blake Shelton has just tweeted out Adam's phone number on live television.

ADAM: "Not even Blake would do that... not even Blake would do that."

CARSON: "Let's give some psychotic chance a chance to call Adam... on live TV."

Blake had threatened to tweet out Adam's personal number earlier in the night, but we weren't sure he'd actually go through with it ... and then, he did.

Tweeters were freaking out when they saw the tweet -- many calling the number in hopes of getting to talk with People's Sexiest Man Alive.

But Facebook fans were more concerned with voicing their opinions for their favorite artists, many rooting on Christina Grimmie, Jake Worthington, Josh Kauffman and Kristen Merlin.

Some fans did get the chance to talk to Blake and Adam, and later in the episode, they asked Adam how he was going to get revenge on Blake, to which he responded, "Don't Worry, It's coming and it involves a fork, an enclosed space, and human poop." Blake's response? "Holy Cow."

Still, CarterMatt was over Adam and Blake's phone bit -- it seemed like it was added just to fill air time.

"Seriously, that was milked more than almost anything has been milked on a singing show ever. Away from coach shenanigans, there were a number of very solid performances."

pjarizona April 29 2014 at 10:41 AM

Love this show. Those two are so funny

RPEPESMOM pjarizona April 29 2014 at 11:49 AM

VOICE Best show ever. Love them all, but BLAKE....wow, what a hunk. Used to be addicted to idol, but sooo long & boring. Seacrest is a bore also. DWS made some good changes so I am back watching that and think this season has been one of the best.

the VOICE...GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jxn55 April 29 2014 at 4:32 PM

Dopey show !! Love Shikira, real Pro, sexy, smart, handles herself well !!!

ottisandmi April 29 2014 at 5:50 PM

as I peruse through these comments I realize that some are not as large of idiots as others accuse them of being.!

JACKIE April 29 2014 at 5:52 PM

it was not real i like a stupid ass called it you could tell it went straight to a busy signal not what cell phones do

ARTHUR April 29 2014 at 5:57 PM

was all an act....... all scripted, just like any other "reality" show .

momgavof2 April 29 2014 at 7:33 PM

ok people - take a chill pill and stop getting so uptight about something so stupid! It's a reality show!!! it was scripted - any fool could see that!
If people could be this passionate about things that really mattered, this would be a better world!

craft14748 April 29 2014 at 7:36 PM

Considering it was aired, when we all know after the Janet Jackson incident that there is a time delay, it was not only staged to play up the rivalry between the coaches, much as the grudge matches in wrestling are staged, but even if it went to a cell number that reached Adam, has no one heard of either a pay as go cell phone or number that could be used just for this staged prank?? Seriously, they wouldn't have announced the prank ahead of time on the show if they didn't want callers to dial it in order to create publicity.

Mary I. April 29 2014 at 11:41 AM

I love the voice now with Usher and Shakira on. I love the connection between all of the coaches.

Cindy April 29 2014 at 11:09 AM

I love the show and I love Blake... but come on. I'm sure that was a throw-away phone purchased just for last night and the whole thing was set up from the get-go.

skeedoosocal Cindy April 29 2014 at 11:18 AM

I hope you are right Cindy, otherwise I think that was very wrong on Blake's part. I love him too but that was going to far....

Janet Cindy April 29 2014 at 12:47 PM

The problem is that if it was a throw-away phone purchased for the gig, it's a joke that breaches the bond between the judges and their faithful fans by making them look foolish for believing it. If no one was supposed to believe it, it was just a stupid distraction from the contest, which is very serious to the singers. If it actually was Adam's number (which I doubt), it was a tasteless, adolescent prank by someone who should know better. As a huge fan of the show, I was uncomfortable from beginning to end. Adam's response to the question of how he would get back at Blake was understandable, if the prank was real, but it was pretty disgusting. Up until last night, the judges have been a lot of fun, and the talent this season has been amazing. Whoever thought up the phone prank and ran with it jumped the shark, and I think they owe the fans an apology!

lasiraque April 30 2014 at 12:55 AM