Man taking inspiration from 'Burger King baby'

'Burger King Baby' Inspires 'McDonald's Baby' To Find Birth Mother

A Pennsylvania man took some inspiration from the "Burger King baby" and is now known as the "McDonald's baby."

A man who was abandoned at a McDonald's hours after he was born is looking for his birth mom. David Volk was left in the bathroom of a McDonald's in Newark, New Jersey.

According to a newspaper article, Volk posted about his abandonment on Facebook. He was found wrapped in a plastic bag with his umbilical cord still attached, indicating he was only hours old.

Another article explains the first name the baby was given, Christopher McDonald. It says he was named Christopher because it was around Christmas time.

About a year later, New York Daily News says Volk was adopted by Rhonda and David Volk who renamed him.

Though Volk says he has very loving parents, he's always wondered about his birth mother. 'Did she just do it because she was young and maybe she was trying to hide her pregnancy or...'

Volk posted this photo on his Facebook page April 2 saying, 'Hello. My name is David Volk. I was born December 20, 1977. I was abandoned inside a McDonalds shortly after I was born. I was found in the restaurant located at 915 18th Avenue, in Newark, New Jersey ... I found inspiration to begin my search base [sic] on another similar story that took place in my area.'

That inspiration was Katheryn Deprill's story. Deprill was abandoned at a Burger King as a baby so she took to Facebook to find her birth mother. Three weeks and more than 30,000 shares later, Deprill and her birth mother were reunited and started the beginning of what is now a close relationship.

Volk told WFMZ that it's more than just knowing where he comes from, but sharing his life with his birth mother.

Volk says he forgives his birth mother, he just wants to get to know her.

offshorepater April 30 2014 at 9:38 AM

good luck

MamaBear April 30 2014 at 1:20 PM

Haters, didn't your mom ever teach you if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all? You don't know the story behind this story; who are you to judge this man or his birthmom? Jeez. Adoption is a big part of my family story, both with babies being relinquished for adoption and babies being adopted into the family, and I love hearing stories like this. If you haven't experienced adoption, you don't know what a hole you can have in your heart from missing someone you haven't met, or the feeling of relief and completeness that comes when you finally get that wish! I hope his mom wants to find him, too, and I wish them success and joy!

rschm43201 April 30 2014 at 2:04 PM

no matter what, she gave him life and he has had a good one......
she could have had an abortion and no one would have known him....

TnT April 30 2014 at 2:06 PM

I do not condone what the birth mother did but unless we have walked in someone else's shoes we just don't know how confusing, upsetting and heartbreaking a situation like this can be. I wish this young man well and hopes he gets the answers he needs.

mlourdes00 April 30 2014 at 2:53 PM

Hi,
Forget about your biological mother.
She ABANDON you. The one o raise you is your real mother.
Why waste your time?Bernie

kajunvol April 30 2014 at 2:54 PM

HE MIGHT GET SOME HELP FROM THE APB SHOW ON TELEVISION. THEY'RE VERY GOOD AT FINDING LOVED ONES. I WISH HIM WELL.

frozenbull April 30 2014 at 3:16 PM

That's nice ,but you could be setting yourself up for a big disappointment

Colleen Marie P. April 30 2014 at 3:25 PM

This is where good came in, a family wanted him & loved him,
the birth mom could have had an abortion, she must love
him too,it all worked out, God Bless you and all concerned.

Gary Brannock April 30 2014 at 3:31 PM

If she had wanted you then she wouldn't have abandoned you. If she had any regrets and wanted to get to know you she would have found you by now. And if you do find her, and she says she has missed and loved you, she's a damn liar. But do what you gotta do.

jnagel62 Gary Brannock April 30 2014 at 7:00 PM

Let me explain something to you.. apparently you are clearly ignorant of many things. I gave my son up for adoption 23 years ago. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. I was young, in college, working full time.. my boyfriend at the time walked out on me the moment I told him I was pregnant. I was making minimum wage and I wanted to give my son a life that he deserved to have. I could not even afford to live on my own. It was a private adoption to which I had the adoptive mother checked out, to ensure my son would not go without. I wrote my son a 7 page (legal sized paper) letter, explaining my reasons for doing what I did. I did it out of love. I never had another child. I know who adopted him, and when I went to look for him, his adopted mother came down hard on me. I still want to see him, want to get to know him, and pray that he was raised with love, the love they promised they would give. So, don't judge us who make this decision, walk in my shoes first.

jbryant840 April 30 2014 at 3:32 PM

Cmon, put on facebook your love and admiration for the people that adopted and raised you, they sacrificed many things throughout the years and your birthmother did nothing. Did she try and find YOU, I'm thinking not, use your energy for the present and the future not the past.

World Series