American man loses 400 pounds after meeting a friend in the UK through a gaming app

Man Loses 400 Pounds After Meeting Friend On App

A Michigan man lost nearly 400 pounds after meeting a friend through an app, something he could have never "drawn" up without the help of a woman thousands of miles away.

According to WTVR, Brian Flemming weighed 625 pounds and was an alcoholic when he met a woman in 2012 through a random match on Draw Something, a Pictionary-like game.

Draw Something is a social drawing app in which friends and strangers alike try to guess what their opponent is drawing.

This app led Flemming to meet the women who would help him turn his life around.

CNN reports Flemming was 30 years young in the spring of 2012 when he met Jackie Eastham, a woman 20 years older than him from England.

At the time, Flemming frequented fast food restaurants and drank a fifth of vodka with a liter of soda every day to fill the void left by depression.

But that soon changed when Flemming confided in Eastham about his struggles. To his surprise, Eastham, who suffers from the muscle-wasting disease muscular dystrophy, was not sympathetic.

Flemming wrote in his RunKeeper blog, "She was angry with me. She told me that I was wasting my life and that I should be ashamed that I was throwing it away when there are so many people out there who are fighting to stay alive ... She seemed to be losing patience with me, and I was afraid I was going to lose her."

Flemming says in his MyFitnessPal blog he quit drinking cold-turkey in October 2012. A few months later, he says he lost 100 pounds from just cutting out alcohol. He then added eating healthy and exercising into his daily routine which helped him lose an additional 300 pounds.

Flemming's most recent blog post says he is down to 234 pounds. He added he plans on getting surgery to remove 30 pounds of extra skin and he has his eyes set on running a marathon.

nanapaka April 30 2014 at 10:22 PM

I think the story would make a good movie...He has to be so proud of himself. I want to say congratuations to him.

Poodles

frozenbull April 30 2014 at 5:57 PM

Wow 365 lbs in a little over a year . I'm no dr. but that can't be any better for you than being 365lbs. Something missing ,I mean besides fat .

flexireal April 30 2014 at 5:45 PM

You can mold your body into any shape you desired , remember your stomach was the size of your fist at one time in your life.

weeziebathome April 30 2014 at 5:17 PM

I give this man a lot of credit. I hope he keeps the pounds off. As for his on line friend, I wish her health and respect the fact that she took a shot at helping a stranger.

hattie54 weeziebathome April 30 2014 at 7:15 PM

Its easier to lose the weight than keep it off.At least when you lose weight,your stomach does shrink some and you can't eat the bigger meals like you used to.

colpaulret April 30 2014 at 5:02 PM

i REFUSE TO LOOK AT THE "ADS" WHICH TAKE A MINUTE WHICH SEEMS LIKE HOURS BEFORE i CAN SEE THE ARTICLE I AM WAITING TO SEE...CAN YOU GIVE US THE OPTION TO BY-PASS THE ADS ? PAUL

Commander Randy colpaulret April 30 2014 at 5:13 PM

I whole-heartedly agree Paul....They just can't stop trying to sell us SOMETHING.

Tom Commander Randy April 30 2014 at 5:51 PM

Hey guys, you, @wagnertyisha and Commander Randy, all you have to do is turn your head away, plug your ears for 15 to 20 seconds and you're done with the commercial. The alternative is to do away with the ads and you and I start paying for our Internet service. The ads are paying for you and me read these articles. That's your alternative. Which do you prefer?

Flag 0 rate up
Judy April 30 2014 at 5:00 PM

WOW! He looks great...what a turnaround!

hthmk3 April 30 2014 at 4:42 PM

Congratulations, Brian! You look (and I'm sure feel) marvelous! Very proud of you, for all your endeavours! God bless, and keep you in His wonderful care.

christinaeve1224 April 30 2014 at 4:42 PM

that's JUST WONDERFUL STAY POSITIVE AND EVRYTHING WILL WORK OUT FOR YOU

raforart April 30 2014 at 4:42 PM

Establish a race in your town for MS in honor of your friend! How cool would that be--
run it on her birthday, have her flown in as the guest of honor!

THE CANNONS raforart April 30 2014 at 5:51 PM