American man loses 400 pounds after meeting a friend in the UK through a gaming app

Man Loses 400 Pounds After Meeting Friend On App

A Michigan man lost nearly 400 pounds after meeting a friend through an app, something he could have never "drawn" up without the help of a woman thousands of miles away.

According to WTVR, Brian Flemming weighed 625 pounds and was an alcoholic when he met a woman in 2012 through a random match on Draw Something, a Pictionary-like game.

Draw Something is a social drawing app in which friends and strangers alike try to guess what their opponent is drawing.

This app led Flemming to meet the women who would help him turn his life around.

CNN reports Flemming was 30 years young in the spring of 2012 when he met Jackie Eastham, a woman 20 years older than him from England.

At the time, Flemming frequented fast food restaurants and drank a fifth of vodka with a liter of soda every day to fill the void left by depression.

But that soon changed when Flemming confided in Eastham about his struggles. To his surprise, Eastham, who suffers from the muscle-wasting disease muscular dystrophy, was not sympathetic.

Flemming wrote in his RunKeeper blog, "She was angry with me. She told me that I was wasting my life and that I should be ashamed that I was throwing it away when there are so many people out there who are fighting to stay alive ... She seemed to be losing patience with me, and I was afraid I was going to lose her."

Flemming says in his MyFitnessPal blog he quit drinking cold-turkey in October 2012. A few months later, he says he lost 100 pounds from just cutting out alcohol. He then added eating healthy and exercising into his daily routine which helped him lose an additional 300 pounds.

Flemming's most recent blog post says he is down to 234 pounds. He added he plans on getting surgery to remove 30 pounds of extra skin and he has his eyes set on running a marathon.

Cathy April 30 2014 at 3:21 PM

Awesome and inspiring story. Sometimes help comes from unkown places at unknown times when we least expect it. I am extremelly happy for you, Brian!! Your new journey has began, so take it and be proud of it, you have so earned it and thank the wounderful woman who "yelled" at you and gave insperation. Congradulations and good luck on your journey!!

shevon April 30 2014 at 11:52 AM

Great job, good for you!

dnjohnston April 30 2014 at 11:46 AM

THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE! GOOD JOB! AS HARD AS THAT WAS TO LOSE THAT MUCH WEIGHT, IT'S GOING TO BE AN EVEN GREATER CHALLENGE TO KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOR AN EXTENDED TIME...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

kpamesa dnjohnston April 30 2014 at 1:19 PM

Hey DN - this guy just learned the biggest AND HARDEST challenge to lose weight: PORTION CONTROL. Once your entire system has adjusted to your new dietary life, it will be next to impossible to regain all that weight - your body will rebel in spades if you try to go back to your "old" ways. When you see people who are extremely heavy, have surgery to bypass the stomach, lose weight and have the reversal surgery, you can be GUARANTEED to see them gain the weight back, and possibly more. Those people have only fooled their systems, not CHANGED their systems. BIG DIFFERENCE.

sylvabugg2 April 30 2014 at 11:45 AM

Omg he looks great! Kudos to you Brian! I know it couldn't have been easy, but you did it! Sometimes when things are at their worst God send someone our way to pull us up out of the mire. You needed a kick in the pants to help you out of it and along came Jackie! She gave you the inspiration and something to work towards. God Bless!

kess4206 April 30 2014 at 11:36 AM

Congratulations! Great job! I have always struggled and my weight has been on a yo yo for years. I need the same kind of help that he had,. kess4206@aol.com

lov2elkhnt April 30 2014 at 6:25 PM

Brian, if you can do this amazing thing, then I hope your a Conservative and run for the US Senate seat in Michigan. You SIR, have the ability to change a nation if you can take the weight off like you did. You know how to make intense cuts and can reduce what needs to be reduced and showed you can live through it and if you can the freeking USA can!!!!!

Pat lov2elkhnt April 30 2014 at 7:20 PM

Those that talk about intense cuts all the time are usually greedy, selfish and don't give a crap about others. They are also no where near the 'cutting board.' This guy seems to really care. I hope he's not a Conservative. My mind simply can't put this guy on the same team as Rush, Palin, Cruz., or any other two faced, mean spirited Rep/Con. He's too beautiful to be that ugly.

Stanley A. Rowe April 30 2014 at 6:25 PM

Great job I will feel much better.

cmcclarty April 30 2014 at 6:40 PM

When I gave up the booze and soda pop and eat better 100lbs dropped right off.

hattie54 cmcclarty April 30 2014 at 7:15 PM

Men always lose weight faster than women since most men are beer drinkers.

pmcg203745 April 30 2014 at 7:11 PM

Fantastic You were marvelous. Has your life changed much? Congrats

circus1804 April 30 2014 at 8:45 PM

Good for him...good for her

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal