High school student takes ESPN anchor to prom

High School Student Takes ESPN Anchor To Prom

A Minnesota high school student, who was paralyzed from a spinal cord injury during a hockey game two years ago, took a special date to his prom Saturday.

WCCO reports senior Jack Jablonski took ESPN2's Michelle Beadle to his high school's prom. Jablonski asked Beadle to his prom live on the air during a radio show a few weeks ago.

Minneapolis Star Tribune says Jablonski spent months in the hospital recovering from a spinal cord injury. Doctors say it's unlikely he'll be able to walk again, but, as you can see, Jablonski is making the most out of life.

You might know Beadle as the co-host of SportsNation on ESPN2. She returned to the network in early March after nearly two years at NBC Sports Network.

KARE spoke to Beadle: 'When I look at my calendar, my Saturdays are mostly free, so I said, 'Well, I know I'll be free on that Saturday, so I could definitely make it.' I can't thank Michelle enough for coming through with this.'

Beadle even tweeted it was an awesome prom with a photo of herself taking a breathalyzer test before she could go inside.

Beadle also said she was nervous to be a 38-year-old heading to the prom tweeting, 'My hair will be slightly smaller and my bum slightly bigger.'

KMSP notes Jablonski is set to graduate from high school in June and plans to study communications at the University of Southern California starting this fall.

mfg.mojave April 28 2014 at 2:01 PM

Good for her...and for him, well, way to go dude!

William April 28 2014 at 2:25 PM

Good for both of them. I know there are some here who will complain about it, but so what?
It looks like only the nice (seemingly) men and women are asked these kinds of things. Celebrities are no different than the rest of us, Alec Baldwin aside. The are real people with real feelings. What you do or how popular you are doesn't change the real you....except for a few.

Anne Boleyns Crown April 28 2014 at 2:31 PM

Very cool move, Michelle Beadle! What's with the camel in the first photo??!! Also, a very special THANK YOU TO AOL for making me have to close at ad at the top of your page and then sit through an ad before watching a video. Fine if you want to cram AOL with ads, just give me free service.

gdanjoh April 28 2014 at 2:43 PM

This is great..!!!! I love it...My hats off to her .. To all you other school officials at other schools / states......Its all in good taste and fun......something many of them forgot how to do / have..... get rid of your stiff life styles and MANY stupid rules .....and learn to live lifes simple things instead of finding things wrong with it and being afraid it might OFFEND someone....

JEAN April 28 2014 at 2:44 PM

I think Michelle Beadle was awesome to go to the prom.more people should be like her to take the time to make it great night.

mbrheljr April 28 2014 at 3:03 PM

I commend both...him for asking and her for saying yes...

donc703 April 28 2014 at 3:03 PM

Very nice story. Michelle Breadle was really sweet to do that.

gramargo donc703 April 28 2014 at 4:47 PM

And look at the handsome date she had. He looks as if he'd have equal charm and personality. Good for him, and I hope his college career goes very well.

Don April 28 2014 at 4:18 PM

nice story.....very nice of her to be his date...an evening that both will remember for life....thank you Michelle Beadle for being such a nice person

danyelle69marks April 28 2014 at 3:13 PM

positive and uplifting story. we need more like it.

Bill April 28 2014 at 3:18 PM

atta boy ! -- atta girl !

1414019910125