Andy Cohen apologizes for handling of 'RHOA' brawl

Andy Cohen Apologizes For Handling of 'RHOA' Brawl

Andy Cohen took some time out of Sunday's "Watch What Happens Live" to apologize for his handling of what went down at last week's "Real Housewives of Atlanta" reunion.

A fight broke out between Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore after Kenya pulled out a scepter and bullhorn -- and used them to berate her castmates. It all led to this.

KENYA: "Yeah you wanna hit me?"
PORSHA: "I will f*** you up."
KENYA: "Get fired! Get fired!"
ANDY: "No! No! No! No! Stop!"

Andy said that it "seemed like a stupid prop to me. Clearly, being on the receiving end of the prop was not stupid or funny. And I'm sorry I didn't see it coming and I should've taken it back."

Andy said he and the other ladies thought the prop was only for comedic effect, along the lines of the fan she used last year. But obviously it wasn't funny ...

And because of the violence at this year's reunion, props will no longer be allowed at future tapings.

Cohen also made sure to note that, while it looked like Porsha Williams was asked to leave the taping, she was actually the one who made that decision -- saying she couldn't handle the added stress of the day.

smd1d April 28 2014 at 1:50 PM

Oh come on, Andy should have stopped the props from the beginning, he's all about creating drama and making money. And what will happen to Porsha? Nothing, he's too scared.

fm900 April 28 2014 at 1:27 PM

2 ladies that had known issues should of never been sitting that close together on the same couch. The ladies should of been seated on opposite couches, where is the common sense?!

Rae Turner April 28 2014 at 6:00 PM

AND I watched the scene with Porsha and Andy . HE WAS THE ONE WHO ASK HER TO GO AND HE WAS THE ONE THAT MADE EVERYTHING WORSE

abruner3 April 28 2014 at 6:01 PM

"ALL forms of abuse on women" means Emotional AND Verbal!!! Kenya started it and is embarrassed that she looks stupid and got her a** kicked. GO PORSHA, Kenya shouldn't "sit on the couch" for the abuse she has caused Porsha.

angelicaz715 April 28 2014 at 1:26 PM

The women love being on the show,,so they will be trashy ,,dramatic,,catty. So they will be asked to be on next season. However once Violence comes into play it changes everything,,they wont be asked back. I blame Andy ,,he always lets it escalate to a boiling point. And what dos he care ,,he keeps his job. Its so plain to see...and its not very nice.

joan.pinto April 28 2014 at 1:25 PM

He should apologize because he should never let it go that far. Kandi is a very smart business woman out of all of them she has the most money but doesn't brag about. Kenya who I now call Kennie ***** { I swear she is a he-she] is an ass why they allow such trash on that show is beyond me. It should show young women that u can succeed in life if u work hard. But it has turned into trash since kennie came on the show. All the women are successful except for him-her whatever. She should go and again get back on track. Since what happened on part 1 of the reunion I refuse to watch it anymore

Madeline April 28 2014 at 1:24 PM

The implanted "cantaloupes" are all over the place in Hollywood/media. Actually, in before and after cosmetic surgery pictures many procedures look very good. It seems where the girls drop the ball (pardon the pun) is when they go to "push up" their chests. Then the implant outline is the first thing you see. Guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

Lori April 28 2014 at 1:22 PM

I think Porsha had every right to let her have it. I can't believe that they let Kenya use the bullhorn!

Ginger Dezelich April 28 2014 at 6:04 PM

This is entertainment? They couldn't pay me to watch these ********!

Dan Lawrence April 28 2014 at 1:29 PM

Low life people and they film these idiots.

World Series