'American Idol' Reveals Top Five

Twenty-three-year-old CJ Harris from Jasper, Alabama, was emotional after his elimination and goodbye performance -- and so was everyone else in the room. His family came to the stage and expressed how proud they were of CJ and all he had accomplished. CJ said his fondest memory of the competition was the amazing people he met. But he'll get to hang out with them a lot this summer, when they all go on tour together.

'American Idol' Reveals Top Five

On "American Idol," the top five were revealed after an emotional elimination.
CarterMatt wasn't really surprised to CJ go -- saying he's been knocking on the door of elimination for weeks.

"From our vantage point, it was a no-brainer that Jessica should be saved. Her 'Jolene' wasn't our favorite, but she has been far and away the more consistent of the two."

And Hollywood Life agreed -- while CJ was lovable and talented, it was his time to go.

"CJ Harris is in the bottom to the surprise of exactly no one. Sorry, CJ... Everyone is very weepy; CJ is very well-loved. Even Jennifer Lopez is crying - but, to be fair, it doesn't seem to take much."

Love my Dolls! April 25 2014 at 11:15 AM

I liked CJ, but then - I love R&B At this point - it's tears for everyone when someone has to leave - Congrats to the final 5 - Soon we'll know who the American Idol for 2014 is.

Berry April 25 2014 at 2:31 PM

This show is and has always been about popularity and nothing about talent.
If the rules were changed so the public voted for who they wanted off the show instead of their favorite the show would then be more about talent.
I submit that if Joe Cocker, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan were on American Idol they would all loose.

hmilorjr April 25 2014 at 9:31 AM

Personally I think it was about time this guy went home, all that "cry" supposedly in his voice was just not being able to sing. From this point forward it will be painful on thursday nights. All this just to make it look so hard for Caleb to win, I think he is a ringer not that he is not good but I don't believe he is an amatuer

Nancy April 25 2014 at 9:26 AM

Every one of the people who try out for Idol do so because they want an opportunity. They all know the risks of getting booted at some point. We all have our favorites as the show progresses, and I can see by the negative comments and criticsm of the show and the judges...that if your fav got booted...you then think the judges and the show stinks. Many of these young people will get such boosts in their lives just from being on the show. I think the judges have really taken the time to offer advantageous advice of which many have taken seriously. You can see it week by week in their personal progess. When America votes, they do seem to get it right! So...all the nay-sayers need to get over themselves. Just my opinion.

ecasey300 Nancy April 25 2014 at 9:56 AM

I totally agree with you Nancy. I think the voters are truly voting the performance most of the time. Once it gets down to maybe the last three, then I believe it will be a popularity contest but the last three this year will in all probably be the best three singers. My personal opinion, because I know none of the contestants, is that either Jena or Caleb will win and it will come down to their followers. I am curious, Nancy, if you feel that the talent this year is not what it has been in the past??? Other than Jena and Caleb, the consistency certainly has not been there. I am not being critical. It is just an opinion. I am replying to your comment because you seem to be totally impartial as I think I try to be.

peanut649 April 25 2014 at 9:26 AM

Im so glad Sam made it.. he is good..

boxerxingone April 25 2014 at 2:41 PM

I tried to watch this show on wed. of the final six only one is any good. the girl with the red in her hair. and even she is not even close to the caliber of talent that is on the voice. They are down to ten finalists and every one of them beats the idol top six hands down. It seems that idol has lost the ability to find the true talent. I used to love the show. I see it going down the tubes big time.

lmart97 April 25 2014 at 2:46 PM

I find it hard to believe that the judges even selected CJ Harris for the top 20. There was not one song that he sang on-key. These judges are not doing the singers a favor if they don't give them the truth about their performances. If a singer can't recognize that they are off pitch, then someone needs to be brutally honest with them. These judges are way too lenient by allowing contestants to get ahead on their "soul and feeling" rather than hitting the correct notes. I think music has gone to hell anyhow when hip-hop and rap are considered acceptable forms of "music". Young people today don't seem to even know what good music sounds like. American Idol needs to have at least one judge that will "tell it like it is", like Simon Cowell used to do.

Duncan lmart97 April 25 2014 at 3:17 PM

Harry told him several times he was out of tune and pitch was wrong... He is the most honest/critical of teh judges... I fear Jess might be next although she is my favorite with a big voice. If she can just find that "moment" in a good song choice. Sam needs to watch a Ricky Nelson video and duplictae his style which he already does a lot...and sing one of Rick's great songs like "They'll never be anybody else but you for me"...

USA english only April 25 2014 at 9:23 AM

the ski cap is next doesn't he know he is white...he isn't a break dancer hopefully he drops from the tour, until them I wont watch them

Doug April 25 2014 at 9:22 AM

It's always a guy RIGHT! Someone who can't really sing..but the dimples put him over the top! Thanks GIRLS!!

blueeyessing April 25 2014 at 3:16 PM

CJ blew it when he sang off-key Wednesday night. That is a shame since all of the judges obviously heavily favored him and he did so well in the previous week. Oh well, somebody has to go.

stock market blueeyessing April 25 2014 at 3:45 PM

I thought CJ blew it the very first night he sang.

Sunshine blueeyessing April 25 2014 at 4:17 PM

I too agree with you...

Back to School Deal

1408810419037

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal