Richard Gere dresses as homeless man for role, fools New Yorkers

Richard Gere Dresses As Homeless Man For Role, Fools New Yorkers

A woman was spotted showing kindness toward a homeless man on the streets of New York and even buying him food. But that seemingly homeless man, as "Good Morning America" reports, was actually a movie star worth a reported $100 million.

'She didn't realize that man is in fact worth millions of dollars. That's Richard Gere, filming his next movie and he was apparently extremely convincing in his role.'

According to IMDb, Gere is starring in "Time Out of Mind" and will play the role of a man who's trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter.

The New York Post says not a single resident of the Big Apple realized it was actually the 64-year-old superstar hiding under those shaggy clothes.

'Sporting a ski cap and scruffy facial hair, Gere guzzled a beer from a brown bag amid rush-hour commuters as cameras shot the scene from across the street.'

And he really threw himself into this new role. He was even spotted eating a burger ... OUT OF THE TRASH CAN.

So far, no one has identified the kind-hearted woman who was photographed giving Gere some food.

lthrnck68 April 24 2014 at 5:10 PM

I was Gere, I'd have accepted the food. Then I'd have autographed the bag the food came in. Bet his autograph would be worth a lot more than burgers anf fries. Even at NY prices.

Sonja April 24 2014 at 7:24 PM

I Believe this Women offered this man Food, Why not we as Human should Always remember we Ourself could be walking in his shoes some day, nobody is amuned.
am German. I always looked out for the underdog, I myself grow up in germany after the war.
Not much food I was told. am; Born december 1945 so I understand hunger, what people went through, including lookin for food in the gabagecan,
I used give a few dollars a Man, but he didtn;t bought food, but instead small Liquor bottle.
So, no money, I will buy them a Sanwich coffee, this way I know it fill their stomach.
ps. We all shouldn;t think we better than homeless people, where not, we think we are , since we dont know what the went through in Life.
Treat other, as you wont to be treated.
Peace, sincerly Sonja wolff.

alblonie116 Sonja April 24 2014 at 7:55 PM

Nice write-up..danke',,,we both walked the same road...but that was a long time ago,nei?..

doran351 April 24 2014 at 7:33 PM

this woman shows the world on how to treat your fellow man. my prayers are with her and i pray she keeps up the real and true respect she shows.. God Bless Her

ML April 24 2014 at 2:22 PM

straight to DVD

nutsietoo April 24 2014 at 7:47 PM

I really hate to throw a negative thought in here but my son and I have both on separate occasions gone and purchased food to give to people begging in the shopping area's or on the street.Guess what? when we gave then the bags of burgers and fries etc they threw it away! They wanted money! I even gave a bag of burgers to a man with 2 children and he tossed it.
Is there something we don't understand about this begging/homeless problem?

Kimberly April 24 2014 at 7:57 PM

If Richard Gere were dressed in a tux walking down Park Avenue, I'd probably have to think to myself "that guy looks familiar, what's his name again?"

Carole Kimberly April 24 2014 at 10:57 PM

Exactly! I used to give a man a big "Hello" almost every day on Fifth and 57th St. I knew he looked familiar but couldn't place him. One night I saw him on TV saying" I'm not a doctor but I played one. . ."

Larry April 24 2014 at 7:59 PM

My similar experience was to be approached by a man in a mega grocery store carpark asking me for money for gasoline to get his family to a town 20 miles south of where he stood. I hesitated until he said the had to get a child to a doctor there. Yet hesitating, I handed him a five dollar bill. I did watch him from afar drive out. ALONE. So be it.

katkelly57 April 24 2014 at 8:19 PM

I consider myself a recovering Catholic :)
One thing I remember from my years with the nuns is this:
Matthew 25:35
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; (36) naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'…

These two verses have stuck with me since I was a child...also, it does not matter if you are religious, spiritual or a non believer...these words should act as guidance for all of us.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring and how we will handle adverse situations.

I have been on both sides of the fence and I will continue to pay it forward as long as I am on this planet...be it a sandwich, cash, a kind word or just a smile.

Many of our ills are due to ignorance and apathy...I thank the woman who fed Richard for not subscribing to those two conditions.
Blessed are the givers.

Namaste.

jgonefishing April 24 2014 at 9:04 PM

Why isn't the picture of this act of kindness with the lady posted? Hmmmmmmm.

Davesellsbiz April 24 2014 at 9:14 PM

I have always tried to help with SOMETHING whenever I could but one story stands out. I live in SF, Ca. and had just left a restaurant when a homeless woman asked me for money for food. I replied I would buy her lunch ( not give her money because of alcohol, drugs, etc. ) and we walked over to the menu which was posted on the door. She looks at the menu and I say, "How about that?", Naaaaaa, she replied. After she refused 3 times I said goodbye, I have no time for this................this was not to be mean, I really had no time..............which gives rise to the old adage, beggars should not be choosy.

World Series