Richard Gere dresses as homeless man for role, fools New Yorkers

Richard Gere Dresses As Homeless Man For Role, Fools New Yorkers

A woman was spotted showing kindness toward a homeless man on the streets of New York and even buying him food. But that seemingly homeless man, as "Good Morning America" reports, was actually a movie star worth a reported $100 million.

'She didn't realize that man is in fact worth millions of dollars. That's Richard Gere, filming his next movie and he was apparently extremely convincing in his role.'

According to IMDb, Gere is starring in "Time Out of Mind" and will play the role of a man who's trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter.

The New York Post says not a single resident of the Big Apple realized it was actually the 64-year-old superstar hiding under those shaggy clothes.

'Sporting a ski cap and scruffy facial hair, Gere guzzled a beer from a brown bag amid rush-hour commuters as cameras shot the scene from across the street.'

And he really threw himself into this new role. He was even spotted eating a burger ... OUT OF THE TRASH CAN.

So far, no one has identified the kind-hearted woman who was photographed giving Gere some food.

gbcosc April 24 2014 at 6:23 PM

That is a a movie I want to see...... but it should include the actual woman, and some
movie script that would include her....... SHE is the story...... as always..... Good Christian charity is the best story there is..... God, who is love itself, has created His family.... us. .... and He wants to
raise us to be His loving children....in His home..... Heaven...... where He can show us His love
in Person.... and forever......THAT is what He is doing with the world..... creating, and raising us....

d.bond4 gbcosc April 24 2014 at 6:45 PM

Boy, did you ever drink the cool aid, huh ?

ML April 24 2014 at 2:22 PM

straight to DVD

Hello Handsome April 24 2014 at 6:05 PM

Who really cares ! And Im sure that ''the hamburger''left in the trash can was put in there just before the scene was shot !Because Im quite sure that they wouldnt let him eat something from a garbage can and take a chance of him getting really sick from eating it.And Im sure that crew members were nearby to make sure that nothing was put in the garbage can before the scene was shot.

carroll959 Hello Handsome April 24 2014 at 6:21 PM

I thought in real oife Mr. Gere was a vegeterian.

Lisa carroll959 April 24 2014 at 6:47 PM

And it was a prop burger. It could have been a veggie burger... or soy. Or not even edible.

Flag 0 rate up
d.bond4 carroll959 April 24 2014 at 6:48 PM

AGAIN, it's a movie......why read so much into it ?

Flag 0 rate up
d.bond4 Hello Handsome April 24 2014 at 6:47 PM

So what ? God, do you people have any sense of reality ? It's A MOVIE !!!!

muzzie123 April 24 2014 at 6:28 PM

doesn't matter how much money you have, rich or poor. a person can donate a penny or 5 cents. just give. small change makes a difference. I don't care how rich the person is they worked for it & the rich hire people. I am on SS & fixed income BUT I will donate 1.00 to a cause..

nutsietoo muzzie123 April 24 2014 at 7:26 PM

I am on Social Security too but I give (altho small) to the Vets,USO and Wounded Warriors and Animal shelters.
without our Vets there would be no Social Security and without animals the world would be a lonlier place.

arwenevens April 24 2014 at 7:00 PM

Hope they use her in the movie, and give a nice fat paycheck. Would elevate the movie, for sure.

mhagerinteriors April 24 2014 at 7:16 PM

To me he doesn't quite look homeless.

Kimberly mhagerinteriors April 24 2014 at 8:01 PM

ITA. A little sloppy, yes. But not homeless.

RICK April 24 2014 at 7:20 PM

Great actor always!!! Thanks to the woman who bought him a sandwich/

Sonja April 24 2014 at 7:24 PM

I Believe this Women offered this man Food, Why not we as Human should Always remember we Ourself could be walking in his shoes some day, nobody is amuned.
am German. I always looked out for the underdog, I myself grow up in germany after the war.
Not much food I was told. am; Born december 1945 so I understand hunger, what people went through, including lookin for food in the gabagecan,
I used give a few dollars a Man, but he didtn;t bought food, but instead small Liquor bottle.
So, no money, I will buy them a Sanwich coffee, this way I know it fill their stomach.
ps. We all shouldn;t think we better than homeless people, where not, we think we are , since we dont know what the went through in Life.
Treat other, as you wont to be treated.
Peace, sincerly Sonja wolff.

alblonie116 Sonja April 24 2014 at 7:55 PM

Nice write-up..danke',,,we both walked the same road...but that was a long time ago,nei?..

doran351 April 24 2014 at 7:33 PM

this woman shows the world on how to treat your fellow man. my prayers are with her and i pray she keeps up the real and true respect she shows.. God Bless Her

hashmer April 24 2014 at 7:46 PM

IF you the one of the best actors in the Game, you will do what it takes to keep it that way. Nice Work RG

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal