Ginnifer Goodwin talks secret 'barefoot and pregnant' wedding

'Jimmy Kimmel Live': Ginnifer Goodwin Talks

Ginnifer Goodwin dropped by "Jimmy Kimmel Live," and talked about her recent secret wedding to her "Once Upon a Time" co-star Josh Dallas.

GOODWIN: "We're both Southern ... so I was literally barefoot and pregnant at our wedding. I was afraid I'd fall over, I don't know what I was thinking."
KIMMEL: "Why were you barefoot at the wedding?"
GOODWIN: "I was afraid I would fall over!"
KIMMEL: "Oh, oh, oh, oh, right because of the pregnancy."

Goodwin said their wedding was small and intimate. When Kimmel asked if her parents were mad that the couple was pregnant before they got married, Goodwin responded no, saying they were ecstatic because it's the first grandchild.

But the wedding wasn't without a little chaos -- the couple's wedding license was actually stolen out of their wedding planner's car the morning of the ceremony. Luckily, two men found it on the street, looked up Ginnifer's representation, called them, and got the certificate back to her safe and sound. To thank the men for returning the certificate, Goodwin sent them flowers.

E! had more details about the big day -- it took place Saturday at an $8 million Asian-Moroccan-inspired home in Venice, Calif., at sunset in front of around 30 guests. A source tells the site, "Ginnifer and Josh seemed very relaxed and happy. They were surrounded by their nearest and dearest friends."

And Ginnifer was no doubt glowing in this custom Monique Lhuillier gown.

Karlijo April 25 2014 at 2:18 AM

I dont see why its anyone elses concern whether they have a baby before marriage or not....I didnt know it directly effected anybody else but them. Wish people would stop caring about what other people are doing..as long as they're happy and not hurting anyone then we should be happy for them. Sending flowers was a nice gesture also..she didnt have to do anything if she didnt want to but she went beyond a thank you, which should have been enough to any decent person anyway, and she took the time to send flowers. I'd say thats pretty thoughtful. Beautiful couple btw!

Roger April 24 2014 at 6:48 PM

"whhhhaaaatttt??????" How cool is that, Prince Charming actually does get to marry Snow White, that lucky dawg.

contactsparky April 24 2014 at 2:54 PM

It was a bit of a shock to see her hair that short after it being so long and beautiful, but...oh well.

betsyvv contactsparky April 24 2014 at 7:40 PM

The short hair belongs to her in "real life". The long hair she borrows for the series.

pmcg203745 April 24 2014 at 12:18 PM

For wih1923. Both of these people are in a hit television show. Once upon a time is the name of it. It is a wonderful show. WATCH

ChingOW Mango pmcg203745 April 24 2014 at 12:26 PM

OK will give it a shot! So what is it - and adult fairy tale?

fifiwereking ChingOW Mango April 24 2014 at 2:35 PM

not really... it takes various fairy tale characters and puts them together in the "real" world as well as various fairytale locations, where they face some pretty nasty issues - some magical, some all too human... i think this is the only show that i plan around so i can watch it live...

Flag +1 rate up
Anthony April 24 2014 at 11:39 PM

ITS ONLY A PIECE OF PAPER....WHY DO YOU NEED IT IN WRITING? IT'S ABOUT THE FEE....
Then there is a fee, for divorce....They get you coming and going....
Do what the geese do, stay together for life and don't pay a fee... We need another Boston Harbor Tea Party

msdebello Anthony April 25 2014 at 12:42 AM

The paper gives you lots of rights - it connects you as family in the eyes of the law. Without that piece of paper you are not legally connected to many things like tax right offs, property rights, and most importantly, the right to make emergency health decisions for your partner.

savan1014 Anthony April 25 2014 at 1:49 AM

Because God said for two PEOPLE (suppose to be a man and a woman) to join in a holy union (marriage). He didn't say anything about geese or any oher animals. That is what makes us smarter than them.

IAmTheWalru April 24 2014 at 11:30 PM

Found the certificate on the street.
Sounds like it wasn't stolen as someone said, but lost.

KAREN April 24 2014 at 10:49 AM

She sent the men who found her wedding license, flowers???? I'd have invited them to dinner when I got back from my honeymoon...flowers.....geeze. My suspicious mind thinks that these guys were the ones who stole it in the first place since paper, especially wedding license paper, is delicate and could/would have been damaged/destroyed if it was blowing around outside.

fifiwereking KAREN April 24 2014 at 2:38 PM

yeah, i was kind of puzzled about the flowers thing too - but since she just got married and is expecting, maybe she didn't think it through.. bride PLUS hormones? eeek!

kzfrdj April 24 2014 at 2:42 PM

I've watched "Once..." since the very 1st show, and LOVE it Love it LOVE it. It captures my attention and keeps it from beginning to the end. I'm a little bit forlorn about romantic love and such, but it warms my heart to hear about these two marrying, whether she's pg or not. They are such a "natural" couple on the show. I hope they stay together--make it last, just as I hope the show, lasts. Also, I agree w/one poster who stated they believed the guys who found the license stole it; YES, it would be windblown and driven over by vehicles & stepped on and such. Seems no one actually stoops over to pick anything up anymore, so, I agree that it's probably them what took it. Ginnifer probably thot so, too, which is why she only sent flowers. Gracious of her to do that. GOOD LUCK you two!!!!!!!!

alspoolhall April 24 2014 at 12:49 PM

Stealing to feed a child is one thing but other than that, I just don't like it.

fifiwereking alspoolhall April 24 2014 at 2:26 PM

what?

KWHITEBUFFALOW alspoolhall April 24 2014 at 5:23 PM

huh?

moudsie April 24 2014 at 12:33 PM

An idea why they waited until she was ready to give birth? Not like they didn't know early one, but I guess we should be glad they did get married and not just live together like a lot of the other "stars."

World Series