Fourth graders busted for selling pot at elementary school

4th Graders Busted For Selling Pot In Colorado

Two 4th graders in Colorado have been busted for selling marijuana.

According to KWGN "The school says the students stole the marijuana from their grandparents. They say the school will be handling their punishment, not the police. One student did try an edible but did not get sick."

"The young man ate about half of it, so took a small bite."

ABC reports the four boys involved will be suspended. This was only a small quantity of pot. But the school's big message here is that adults should hide their marijuana from kids.

Some parents at the school were understandably upset this could happen.

The Huffington Post notes of course, buying and selling marijuana has been legal in Colorado since January 1st, but that doesn't mean it's legal for kids.

And Fox News reports there is growing concern over edibles. Their effects don't show up as quickly, so it's easy to eat too much, and they might be easier for children to confuse because they look like normal food.

It's unclear exactly how long the students will be suspended.

jmink123 April 24 2014 at 9:29 AM

You asked for it and now you have it. This country has gotten so far away from moral values, religion (any you wish to identify with) and discipline over the past 20 or 30 years that we have created a society of immediate gradification, bullying, egotisticals, screw you it's all about me, killers anf people who don't know how to handle failure and disappointment because we didn't want to hurt their feelings or feel badly when they were kids and younh adults. Well forls, you asked for it, now you have it and it,s only going to get worse. WAKE UP PEOPLE....

raptureready1958 jmink123 April 24 2014 at 9:31 AM

Agreeed!

irvineadj2 jmink123 April 24 2014 at 9:33 AM

Worse? It was worse already. I guess they will be bringing alcohol, prescription pills and guns next. ahhh been there done that already.

Wow and no buddy was injured, that is new.

Megan hahaha!!!! April 24 2014 at 9:56 AM

And that other lady blamed it on Target. Now she knows where it came from, lol. 9yr old drug dealers.

Brian Megan hahaha!!!! April 24 2014 at 10:11 AM

That's what I said (in theory) yesterday and was slammed for it because the article never stated the kid wore the pants. I hope those ostriches (head in sand) read this piece.

frank1946 April 24 2014 at 10:00 AM

Colorado High Schools infected with "Black Tar Heroin" with Students being the Dealers.

Best and the Brightest !

It's the $$$ you know.

mcc56.maria April 24 2014 at 7:18 PM

This type of situation is going to get worse before it gets better.

ashleynicolegibson April 25 2014 at 12:33 AM

Am I the only one who this this is flipping hilarious?! This kid will be the man for years to come. Ironic how we all get old and forget what its like to be a kid and all the crazy stunts we pulled.

wlh1923 ashleynicolegibson April 25 2014 at 12:55 AM

Yeah, ain't it?

pryandean17 April 25 2014 at 1:49 AM

This is a big deal because the children are underaged....that is it. Pot is not a terrible thing. Im a right wing conservative, and I must say, before you old timers spread the fear, gain knowledge. To the christian guy who calls out to God underneath me, get a grip. Its a plant made by your God. It has very real, very measurable medical benefits. Any brain cells lost during ingestion are directly related to inhalation of smoke from burning. Vaporizing and filtering help minimize this. It takes about 400 bales of marijuana to overdose, not even possible to consume in its most concentrated form. In all fairness, the fear spreading is disappointing because we have a chance to move away from physically addictive medicine like opiates, but somehow, we are not open to other options that come with less social problems. Wake up you sheep! The media is making a large deal about this because its weed in Colorado. Kids get busted every day with alcohol and pills in school, and its barely noteworthy. This story is designed to push the agenda of the fear based Church and FAR right teabaggers. I served my country proudly in the U.S.M.C. in both Iraq and Afghanistan and am heavily decorated. I dont use currently, but I have. I smoked pre-military, and during a time after while dealing with PTSD. It helped me eat and sleep. But then again, I am positive you all know what its like to see the faces of the starving farmers that only want to support their families, that find work with terrorists planting IEDs for what amounts to less than a couple bucks a day, right? I used to. I used to see the faces of all the fathers, like myself, that I have killed in the line of duty, especially at bed. PTSD destroyed my marriage, my career, and nearly my life. Therapy and self reflection was my salvation. I used a God given medicine to heal man made wounds. I no longer smoke and live a very fulfilling life. My time with the medicine ended. Im not addicted or dumb. I have a good GPA is college, a great job, and a loving family, none of which I would have without this life saving medicine. These people put their faith in a book with less facts than the monthly TV Guide, that does not even directly speak against it, in fact it cites man being given seedy herbs as a divine gift. I go to church. I believe in my God. We have a close personal relationship. And not once has he condemned me as my christian brothers do daily for my opinion. Not once. Accept the change. Punish underage possession like it is alcohol or pain pills. Live in harmony with eachother and with God and his creations, even the cannabis plant. 3.8 GPA. 1310/1600 SATs. Father. Husband. Christian. Marine. Cannabis Advocate.

joshimon94 April 25 2014 at 1:31 AM

Just for those who blame politics for this incident... My dad has Xanax, I take it. My Mom has Coke, I snort it. My Grandma has pot, I smoke it. Making Marijuana legal was the best thing we could have done in order to allow these mistakes kids make to be taxed! I was selling weed in elementary 12 years ago, and I know kids that are in 6th grade smoking. I do not condone, or support these habits, but I am very aware of this reality. Also, I would like to inform you that I live in California where technically except for supposed medical use pot is not legal.

jefflindaf April 24 2014 at 11:07 AM

I think they should be suspended for the year and their parents aressted.

Mitch Welch jefflindaf April 24 2014 at 11:12 AM

I agree, the adult responsible for the pot should be arrested. I'd say the same thing if a child went to school with a gun he got from his fathers sock drawer!

trifeloco2012 jefflindaf April 24 2014 at 11:51 AM

I think you're exagerrating a bit much.

tmccull52 April 24 2014 at 10:20 AM

Is this the new guise of American Entrepreneurialism, 4th graders selling pot? And don't friggin' tell me that it's "harmless". Elementary schoolers dealing dope is frankly ridiculous. We wonder what the Hell is wrong with the American education system. And what's with the dopehead parents that couldn't figure out that they shouldn't leave their weed laying around? Were they so careless because they don't think that there's anything wrong with marijuana, either? How much you wanna bet that these idiots will be torching blunts in the good ol' family living room with their kids before too much longer... if they aren't doing so already.

up.yours tmccull52 April 24 2014 at 10:30 AM

The state GOP must be proud of these small business operators. And the Liberals have their pot. What a grand day for the Union....

danyelle69marks up.yours April 24 2014 at 10:54 AM

against legalized pot?? THEN DON'T SMOKE IT!!! leaves more for the potheads.

Flag +1 rate up
dkparrmd tmccull52 April 24 2014 at 10:47 AM

Yeah. They should lock it up in the liquor cabinet. Next to the gun rack.

pjarizona April 24 2014 at 1:48 PM

Its getting to the point as a parent its scary sending kids to school now days. Between shootings, stabbings, drugs, fights, ect what next?

Burr pjarizona April 24 2014 at 2:37 PM

Ask the libs.

Back to School Deal

1409437020165

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal