Woman allegedly sold heroin from hospital bed

ICU Patient to Face Charges of Selling Drugs from Pa. Hospital Bed

GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) -- A woman in western Pennsylvania is accused of selling heroin from a hospital intensive care unit and a hospital room.

Spokeswoman Jennifer Miele for in Greensburg says hospital security became suspicious of the large number of people flowing in and out of the woman's room.

Greensburg police say an undercover informant bought $90 worth of heroin Friday from the woman, who was being treated for an undisclosed ailment at the hospital. A police search of the room also uncovered $3,800 in heroin, two syringes and $1,400.

Thirty-eight-year-old Lori Sullenberger was charged Tuesday with felony and misdemeanor drug charges. It wasn't clear Tuesday evening if she had hired a lawyer. Two others who police say bought or had drugs from the woman face misdemeanor charges.

Brian April 23 2014 at 5:39 PM

Next time she overdoses they should just let her go....

Andrew Carchia April 23 2014 at 11:25 AM

I'm glad that the entrepreneurial spirit of the country is not dead.
Proud American!!

margarmack April 23 2014 at 1:12 PM

lmfao

sean.gregory1965 April 23 2014 at 1:33 PM

Will my insurance cover this?

headin2mo sean.gregory1965 April 23 2014 at 2:43 PM

Be sure that her Medicaid covered her hospital stay.

Infidel April 23 2014 at 1:34 PM

What a surprise!

Ralph April 23 2014 at 1:36 PM

People like this are no good to themselves or society. If it were up to me, I would ban cigarette smoking, and drinking. I am not a "saint" by any means, I just don't see anything good in ruining your health

rain harris Ralph April 23 2014 at 2:30 PM

Sorry Ralph, I like to have a drink every now and then and I am pretty sure I am not ruining my health. Just because some people have issues with vices does not mean everyone does

k12m34 April 23 2014 at 4:01 PM

Everyone is really missing the point here, we have A VERY SEVERE PROBLEM in this country with drug abuse. If there was no drug abuse this woman would get no business. It is not about the PUNISHMENT but doing something about the drugs that are coming in, being produced by people and companies and those who order them.....

Jamie k12m34 April 23 2014 at 4:05 PM

she was the best neighbor i could ask for in the hospital, god i love heroin.

potmind April 23 2014 at 3:04 PM

She'll get probation and the buyers will get a slap on the wrist. In the meant old time, heroin trade shall keep on flourishing along.

lossofprivelages April 23 2014 at 5:11 PM

buisness is always open.......im surprised it took so long for hospital staff to realize something was going on......lol.

RockNHula April 23 2014 at 11:06 AM

From having experienced this problem in my younger days, I can say that just trying the stuff is like sticking your tongue on a freezing cold steel pole, requiring professional help to get off. In order to solve heroin addiction you have to change your thinking.

coopski1 RockNHula April 23 2014 at 11:18 AM

It's a nightmare to see a 20 year old who has never been anywhere or done anything in his life ... now addicted to heroin and stealing from everyone he knows to support the habit. And he is in such denial about how serious it is. He's locked out of every home he's ever been part of and he's been through 5 detoxes in 4 months. He lies and lies and then lies about lying. I can't get through to him that he can't get angry at people who simply cannot trust or belief him anymore .... possible ever again. That he's got a LONG road ahead to restore trust and caring from the people he's hurt so badly. It's a nightmare.

alleykat74 coopski1 April 23 2014 at 6:49 PM

I understand your position as parent, but Narcan is not the answer to addiction. It only prolongs the inevitable. I have worked in Colorado at a county hospital that saw it's fair share of heroin use and overdoses and this was 11 years ago. In that time when we would revive someone in the hospital or on the street (Paramedic) the majority of users would plead with us not to, "...take their high away". Users know that once Narcan is pushed it will be much harder and more dangerous for them to get high again and that is where the circle just keeps on completing itself. I'm not advocating for addicts to die from overdoses, but I do feel that this is a false sense of security for the loved ones of the addict who feel that Narcan will be there to "cure" them. A person will only quit any addiction when they are ready to take responsibility for their own actions and make every effort to quit and stay clean. The only thing a family can do for an addict is be there when "it" hits the fan and support that person emotionally, instead of enabling them or yourself with the hopes of Narcan solving your problems. Take care and good luck, honestly.

Flag 0 rate up