The trend report: Get sporty
In case you haven't heard, sporty chic is IT right now. And by IT, we mean athletic-inspired styles have taken over the fashion world completely. From perforated leather bags, to bomber jackets, wear-to-work sweatshirts, and bejeweled Birkenstocks, to scuba necklines, sleek black Nikes, and slouchy jogging pants, pretty much everyone on the street (and their sister) has caught wind of the trend. Click through the gallery for our full report on things sport.
- Marni Spring/Summer 2014
- Stella McCartney Spring/Summer 2014
- Tommy Hilfiger Spring/Summer 2014
- Emilio Pucci Spring/Summer 2014
- Rag & Bone Spring/Summer 2014
- Katie Holmes's dress feels sporty with a little zipper action.
- Jamie Chung flaunts her abs in a crop top and sleek striped maxi skirt.
- Cate Blanchett wore this zippered metallic look to an Oscars nominees luncheon.
- Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge wore this sunny yellow look with white block stripes on the royal tour in Sydney.
- Jessica Alba paired her leather skirt with a sweatshirt (yep, you read that correctly!).
- Kat of With Love From Kat styles her basic black pumps with a perforated white skirt.
- Amy of Dallas Wardrobe pairs a feminine dress with sporty Converse.
- Molly's woven leather sneakers are so chic, they're the perfect alternative to flats.
- Mary's black Nike kicks are sleek enough to pair with a silk top and leather pants.