Pistorius denies taking 'acting lessons' before murder trial

Pistorius Denies He Took Acting Lesson Before Trial

It's a claim that could seriously undermine Oscar Pistorius' credibility on the witness stand.

CCTV reports a spokesperson for Pistorius is denying his client took acting lessons to prepare for his murder trial.

The accusations started when South African columnist Jani Allan posted on her website: "I have it from a reliable source that you are taking acting lessons for your days in court."

Pistorius is accused of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last year. CBS reports he admits to shooting her, but says he mistook her for an intruder.

ITN adds throughout the trial, he's vomited and broken down in tears several times. And that's left some, including Steenkamp's mother, questioning whether the emotion is genuine.

But the Pistorius family insists suggestions the track star took acting lessons are flat-out wrong.

An NBC reporter quotes the family's spokesperson, who says: "This type of comment makes a mockery of the enormous human tragedy involving the Steenkamp family."

Others are just as skeptical of the reporter who made the allegation. After all, she does come off fairly biased in her open letter to Pistorius. Calling him, "the latest in a long line of faux heroes," adding, "It's difficult not to burst out laughing while listening to you."

Here's what Allan said to Fox News's Shepard Smith when he pointed out she does have a personal memoir in the works.

SMITH: "Could this open letter be part of publicity for a memoir?"

ALLAN: "I certainly think it will be. I had no idea it would go so viral."

The trial has been adjourned until May 5. If convicted of premeditated murder, Pistorius could face life in prison.

jlmwsj April 22 2014 at 9:18 PM

I'm sick of hearing his boohooing. Why didn't he just call 911? I think he's guilty as hell.

davandsher April 22 2014 at 7:22 PM

His story never made any sense from the start. First , you never shoot until you can see who you're shooting. He was never in any danger real or imagined. It looks like no one is buying his version of the events of that night.

odessaday davandsher April 22 2014 at 7:30 PM

I know I would be shouting out....Whose there? Who is in the toilet area? I have a gun, I am going to shoot!

robertmbernard odessaday April 22 2014 at 8:18 PM

Yyour correct that is exactly what anyone would do, Bang Bang Bang O, Picy honey I meant to mention that mum is staying over tonight!

Flag +1 rate up
zygi & paris davandsher April 22 2014 at 7:34 PM

I am buying it. You are speaking from your own experiences. Everyone is different in how they handle fear and stress.

Carol zygi & paris April 22 2014 at 7:58 PM

No matter, you just don't shoot and ask questions later!

Flag +4 rate up
robertmbernard zygi & paris April 22 2014 at 8:05 PM

yes, they just fire their gun and ask questions later... get real, I hope you don't need a piss in Pictorious's house in the middle of the night! what planet are you on?

Flag +2 rate up
hanlon1212 April 22 2014 at 7:11 PM

Closed door = NO IMMEDIATE DANGER .

Shooting thru the closed door means he was shooting at his girlfried .

Why ?

She was the only one he KNEW was in the house .

CherMoeLin hanlon1212 April 22 2014 at 7:26 PM

As a kid, I grew up with 6 brothers. We lived in a bungalow and the bathroom was on the main floor. When my brothers were tormenting me and chasing me, the ONE single place I ran to where I felt safe was THE BATHROOM, because it was the only room in the house with a LOCK ON THE DOOR. I suspect that they fought and Reeva was fearful for her life, so she fled to the nearest room, the bathroom, and locked herself in. How easy it would be for Oscar to shoot the "sitting duck" huddled in fear in the bathroom. I suspect he KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING. And whether he took acting lessons or not, he's been in the public eye so much, he knows how to FAKE his way out. And just like O.J. Simpson ... he's counting on the "hero worship" to get him off.

Carol CherMoeLin April 22 2014 at 7:53 PM

I was once married to a "wife beater'' and I also would run to the bathroom and lock myself in. I have been thinking all along this is what was about to happen to her and it made him so mad he shot her! I knew I had to leave my ex or I was going to be killed one way or another. So I left him, when he was at work one day, and never went back! He was afraid of my dad and took me to Calif. when we first married and that is where the beatings started. I went home and he left me alone because of my dad.Thank you, Daddy!

Flag +3 rate up
huffingtonpost April 22 2014 at 7:11 PM

Judge Thokozile Masipa was/is not swayed by Pistorius's crying and vomiting spells. Not one bit. At one point when he started the sniveling, heaving, and crying. She took one look at him, turned her head, stood up and said, "court is adjourned!" She did not address him or the court at all.

She is not fooled by Pistorius and she doesn't like men who abuse women. He was abusive to Reeva. Mentally. Then he killed her.

I can't wait for him to be sentenced.

I

CherMoeLin huffingtonpost April 22 2014 at 7:27 PM

I PRAY that the verdict will be the correct one = GUILTY. Anything else is a mockery of any type of legal system.

stan April 22 2014 at 7:10 PM

All In all, no-one wins you can never bring back or even turn the clock back, let the court decide. What I have experienced this past year In my life, how Insecure Men have become. I'm a single person and know a lot of guys that are married or just going with a women and you should see how they react If I talk to their wife or girl friend ???? They flip-out and want a play by play of what the conversation was about......These are supose to be FRIENDS.........hello ??
She was leaving him and HE couldn't handle the situation........end of story.

zygi & paris stan April 22 2014 at 7:36 PM

That's your story and you are sticking to it, huh. Doesn't make it true though.

thomasminor zygi & paris April 22 2014 at 9:19 PM

"That's your story and you are sticking to it, huh. Doesn't make it true though."

Said the judge to the convicted killer.

Tomorrow's news today! .. Only on AOL!

Flag 0 rate up
Albert April 22 2014 at 7:05 PM

All they have to do is verify what acting group if any. This will settle the allegations. All else is just talk. Find the truth period.

Cehemise April 22 2014 at 5:37 PM

Oops, I should have added: "Lock myself in your bathroom where I have no means of escape."

mproviderone Cehemise April 22 2014 at 6:44 PM

SHE SHOULD HAHE LAYED DOWN RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BATHROOM DOOR, HE WOULD HAVE NEVE THOUGHT TO SHOOT STRAIGHT DOWN, LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL

Shirley April 22 2014 at 5:37 PM

I definetely think he killed that girl to show he could. He thought he would get away with it.
You would not know that someone wasn't or was in the bed with you. Why would some intruder go into a bathroom? That doesn't even make good sense. He knows he killed her, now why doesn't he take the punishment.?

mproviderone Shirley April 22 2014 at 6:37 PM

YA AND I LOVED THAT WOMAN.. STRAP HIM TO THE TABLE.

dadbo April 22 2014 at 5:37 PM

Did he yell out her name? Be for firing his pistola? One usaually only fire 5 times and hold one in reserve for unexpectations??

valdemarjr dadbo April 22 2014 at 5:51 PM

That's the part of his story that doesn't make sense dadbo. He said that he was "screaming" at whoever in the bathroom to get out, etc. - so doesn't it make sense that Reeva would have quickly responded: "Oscar - it's ME.... Reeva!" ?? the neighbors are NOT lying - they heard arguing for over an hour before the gunshots. It was Reeva being fed up with his jealousness and telling him she was leaving, him screaming at her "you'd be nobody if it wasn't for you dating me" - and he lost his temper. You should really see this dude on the stand. Go on youtube and listen to some of his testimony on the stand and the story he is trying to push over on the court... on everybody. It's a straight up JOKE and anyone with an IQ of 30 can see right through it!!!

Tony dadbo April 22 2014 at 5:53 PM

Yes,I really feel he should recrive a award for this most outstanding performnce

neuticlesrock April 22 2014 at 7:01 PM

Even if it was an accident stump boy deserves to be put
away for pure stupidity. And he is acting. Who would sit
their and allow snot to freely flow from their nose without
using a kleenex- it was a show and even South African's
are ignornant enough to recognize it.