Teen suspended for asking Miss America to the prom

Teen Gets Suspended After Asking Miss America To Prom

YORK, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.

Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.

The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.

School officials heard about Farves' plan in advance and warned him not to do it. He has apologized for disrupting the event.

The school says students are disciplined for breaking rules and this incident is no different.

Davuluri was at the school to talk with students about diversity and the importance of science, technology, engineering and math studies.

pipeinhot1 April 19 2014 at 9:17 AM

To AOL
Did she accept?

skinnythai April 19 2014 at 1:29 PM

Interesting that in this country you can literally get away with murder, with stealing money from the poor and with many other serious crimes. But a high school kid asks Miss America to the prom and gets a three day suspension.

God bless America.

manfrommontana April 19 2014 at 11:19 AM

He asks, she says no, end of story. Why does everything have to be dramatic these days?

Juan April 19 2014 at 8:45 AM

Big Caca

BORGA757 April 19 2014 at 1:22 PM

I dont see a problem with that it was either no or yes..Is she a human or a goddess from up above?..In my opinion, I think it was a very well asked question by the student..He could have done some thing else very serious..Who knows..so congrats to him..If it was me I would have asked her to meet me at the back of the school..lol

blackrose_04 April 19 2014 at 1:22 PM

Really iss? These people are stupidd... "wahhh dont ask her to the prom or u get iss"? Bahaha I would of walked out of school....

Grace April 19 2014 at 2:21 PM

Give me a break. Schools really don't have any sense anymore. I am sure that she was flattered.

pepelaputr April 19 2014 at 1:19 PM

If there was a wide-spread rumor about his intent, so much so that school officials knew of it, there must be video. Kids don't do this sort of thing these days without meaning to post it somewhere as well.

golfet33 April 19 2014 at 2:55 AM

Many high schools in the US have many rules for different reasons. My granddaughter was a few years older than her bf (she 21 he 19) but COULD NOT GO TO HIS PROM BECAUSE SHE WAS OVER 21. tHEY ACCEPETED THE RULE AND MOVED ON. C

phantastic1 golfet33 April 19 2014 at 5:10 AM

The point is... this was nothing but good humor and nothing for the school to act like righteous overbearing butt-heads.

topjimi1 April 19 2014 at 9:54 AM

I understand the "rule breaking" thing... Kids need to obey the rules. But it seems that this was more of a badge of courage situation. I can understand the suspension. The school needs to discipline him, but if he had been my son I would have laughed it off and told him it took courage to stand up and ask her to the prom... But next time dont disrupt the event to do it.

World Series