Marlon Wayans on Nick Cannon's "white face" stunt and life after death

Marlon Wayans on the Paranormal and Freeloaders

Marlon Wayans makes the paranormal, hilarious. He and his famous Wayans family siblings brought us films like "Scary Movie" and "A Haunted House" spoofing some of Hollywood's most famous horror flicks. Now he returns with what will probably be another cult classic "A Haunted House 2".

The funny man tells AOL.com's Brian Balthazar that as much fun as he had filming "A Haunted House 2" the most fun film he's ever worked on is his famed role as an undercover FBI agent in "White Chicks". "The reason why I say 'White Chicks' is because we worked so hard on 'White Chicks'. Me and Shawn [Wayans] was in make-up seven hours and we worked 14 hour days everyday." Though it was one of his favorite roles, he said being a 'white chick' didn't do justice to his brother's looks. "I was disturbed at how ugly of a white woman my brother Shawn was. Such a handsome black man but, damn, he was... oh God."

When asked about the controversy surrounding Nick Cannon's recent promotional stunt on Instagram dressing up as a white man for his new album "White People Party Music" Marlon told us that there's a time and a place to be critical when it comes to creativity. "I think people like to uproar over nothing. Some people got mad at us when we did 'White Chicks' but you know when we did 'White Chicks' you know who loved the movie most? White chicks. There's always going to be some hater going 'oh I don't like this, I don't like that.' Do you. When Robert Downey, Jr. damn near won an Academy award for playing a black dude, nobody got mad like 'Oh you was in black face.' I think creatively you've got to give people the creative space to make decisions. As long as it's not done in an offensive manner, I think it's fine."

When he's not making hysterical films, Wayans is known for staying close to his 1.5 million Twitter followers and his half million followers on Instagram. Of his fans Wayans says social allows him to show his appreciation to his fans. "I love them. I wish I could tell them all that. Sometimes I know they don't think I love 'em." While Wayans says he enjoys spreading the love, he equally fires back at his haters. "If they say something rude, then I gotta say something rude back. I'm not one of those guys that's like 'oh, that's cool.' It's like 'Your movie sucks!' Your life sucks! Am I wrong for that?"

Through Wayans' horror spoofs it would seem he has a true connection to the paranomral, he says he doesn't really believe in ghosts. But if he had a choice between heaven or hell he jokes that hell might be the better option. "If there's a heaven or a hell, I think hell's going to be a lot more fun than heaven. Think about who's going to be in heaven. A bunch of prudes! Who wants to be there? I want to be down there with the strippers... all kinds of politicians. It's going to be a party down there."

Catch "A Haunted House 2" in theaters right now.

johnnysparks88 April 19 2014 at 2:41 PM

Who?

jpclarksville April 19 2014 at 11:01 AM

I'm waiting for the marketing label "black people party music", which will be a misogynistic and racist collection of rap that blames everyone else for their problems. A black people fashion line, a collection of animal print Lycra jumpsuits accessorized with loud, shiny fabric and cheap looking jewelry.

If blacks want to make fun of the white community, fine, but they should learn that turnabout is fair play.

chel03510 jpclarksville April 19 2014 at 11:06 AM

That fashion line already happened. it was called the 80's lol.

Peter and Joan April 19 2014 at 11:07 AM

Who gives a s--t!!

impactvqi April 19 2014 at 4:53 PM

he looked into the mirror and saw his ghost

Shadd April 19 2014 at 1:23 PM

I didn't think "A Haunted House" was all that great of a movie even though I liked how he played roles in the Scary Movies,.. Think he over did the comedy in it which made it not as interesting.

garyletc April 19 2014 at 2:03 PM

I'm a white man (65) who has absolutely no problem with his using "whiteface". To me, it's no different than Flip Wilson dressing as a woman, in principle. (BTW, Flip made a beautiful woman!) However, Mr. Wayans might want to do a little research about what Hell is like. No-one who realizes what it is really like will want to go there!

cjproductionscan garyletc April 19 2014 at 3:37 PM

Thank you, garyletc. I think your comment was very wisely said. The more important issue here is that this young man (Marlon Waynans) is making mockery of hell, apparently not having any knowledge of what that really means. Because if he did, he would be repenting right now. He needs prayer, is all.

dancemom1 April 19 2014 at 7:49 PM

Okay people, he IS a comedian...he's in it for the laughs.

allnightradioman April 19 2014 at 10:02 PM

AOL is better then Yahoo! Windows 98 is better then XP

brennemanbelkin allnightradioman April 19 2014 at 10:29 PM

You're right. 98 was a good solid platform that they never improved on.

ebneila April 20 2014 at 1:43 AM

Hollywood is one the last vestiges of bigotry by pandering to traditional fears that whites have for people of colour -- especially virile black men. This agenda becomes apparent when black men are given movie or TV roles intended emasculate and marginalize them. The old Vaudville tradition of presenting black men as nothing more than tap dancing, wide eyed clowns -- in black face, has been replaced by presenting them as criminals, side kicks -- or as with the Wayan brothers, as "white chicks". Every movie, TV show or commercial, we see white men with black women. But let there be one black man romantically involved with a white woman, (especially with children) and the hate letters pour in. Even though in actual society there are far more instances of black men with white women, than the reverse. What we see in the media is not true to reality, but a fading dream of racial superiority

Anne Boleyns Crown April 19 2014 at 2:39 PM

Marlon...you were amazing in Requiem for a Dream...wish you would do more drama and stop the lame remakes.