QVC host reveals frightening struggle with stalking

QVC Host Reveals Frightening Struggle with Stalking

QVC queen Lisa Robertson revealed a frightening and deeply personal inner struggle on "Good Morning America."

"Robertson is known for her warm, bubbly personality and making viewers feel like they know her, but she says, over the years, some have taken that much too far."

"I lock myself in my house everyday," she reportedly wrote.

The personable former beauty queen is best known as a beauty expert and the host of her own show on QVC.

Despite her happy persona, Robertson has been fighting a deeply personal battle. The Daily Local News obtained court documents from her fourth and most recent stalker case in December 2013. She said,

'I check my alarm constantly. It is on when I am home. I watch my rear view mirror when I go home at night and take different routs [sic] if I think anyone might be following me. If there is a sound at night I lay awake wondering. I haven't felt safe in a long time.'

HLN reports four people who have stalked the former beauty queen have been convicted over the past few years.

Robertson's most recent stalker not only went to her home, but also followed her to a movie theater where he sat so close he could 'smell the popcorn she was eating.'

One man sent Robertson more than 30 gifts totaling roughly $3,400. Another had two boxes of engagement and wedding rings strapped to his chest when he was arrested. Yet another sent Robertson emails and thought she was telling him he loved her on-air.

Upon hearing the news, fans everywhere took to Robertson's Facebook page to share well wishes.

One user wrote, 'You are always so cheerful and I enjoy your shows. I am so sorry to hear about your personal struggles. Wishing you the best for a resolution to the problem.'

Despite her stalker trouble, Robertson told ABC she truly enjoys the connection she has with viewers.

nookiebuns April 17 2014 at 4:07 PM

It would be scary to not know will someone attack me? will someone follow me home? It's a very scary situation for her. Many celebrities go through this. Mentally ill people are out there, to have such a strong fascination about a celebrity or tv person happens quite often. I remember the young girl who was on a tv show shot at her front door. I feel badly for her. It takes a lot to get someone to take this seriously and do something about it.

sociopath1957 nookiebuns April 17 2014 at 6:28 PM

So true and A for you

jimmy sociopath1957 April 18 2014 at 1:33 AM

don't agree with me you idiot

Flag 0 rate up
Chickiepoo nookiebuns April 17 2014 at 7:55 PM

RE: your statement:
" I remember the young girl who was on a tv show shot at her front door. "

YEP.....that young woman was Rebecca Schaeffer. She was murdered by her "stalker" in
July 1989. He had been stalking her for 3 years. He knocked on her apartment door and
when she opened it....he shot her. She was on the show..."My Sister Sam".....

HER stalking and death is what prompted California's......"anti-stalking laws".....

llogrippo April 18 2014 at 8:27 AM

Get yourself an carry permit and a nice 40 caliber handgun. Don't let these nuts control your quality of life. I don't know you or watch QVC, but from hearing this story and reading some of these blogs ,you sound like you are a great person and take pride in what you do. Keep following your dreams and keep up the Great work!!! Also QVC step up and give this Woman some protection support , she sound like a GREAT employee. I am sure your CEO's have security.

no1gum llogrippo April 18 2014 at 9:38 AM

Not everyone thinks gun violence is a solution. You idiots might be having your fun right now, but the pendulum will swing back and your attitude will be a thing of the past.

donnaw1027 no1gum April 20 2014 at 11:30 PM

I do not think protecting yourself especially if you are a woman being stalked or followed, is GUN VIOLENCE. I have a stun gun that looks like a cell phone and that is an option as well. It is strange that people automatically assume if you use a gun for protection if you are a woman that it is gun violence. Just lay down and let people attack you but, don't do anything to protect yourself. I feel sorry for women out there who are beautiful and men become obsessed with them and get crazy and the idea for 2 dobermans is great, if you never want to leave your house. The last time I checked, you can't take a dog into a movie theater. My prayers are with Lisa, I know her and she is a wonderful, loving and kind person. And, it is a shame that because she is beautiful, she has to live in fear.

Flag 0 rate up
jerri2222 April 17 2014 at 8:17 PM

Get a BIG DOG

suaklus jerri2222 April 18 2014 at 10:26 AM

We have a real huge German Shepherd and she makes me feel so safe all the time. No one can come near our door without her barking like crazy. She scares everybody who doesn't know her.

irishgal5018 April 17 2014 at 7:08 PM

Buy and learn to use a gun. If you buy a dog, they can only protect you so far, because they can be killed too. DO NOT allow anyone to make you a victim, make them more afraid of you, than you are of them. If you give into fear, they will always have the upper hand. Stand up and be strong, it is the only way you can find peace.

coopski1 April 17 2014 at 3:27 PM

There's no worse feeling than knowing you are being stalked. You can NEVER relax or let your guard down. It changes your life.

jas April 17 2014 at 7:09 PM

For the hell of it, scanned some member comments, gay, likes women, attractive, unattractive, lesbian, whatever.

Others, such as 45, big dog, stalker, and the like.

I don't watch QVC, what got my attention was a woman being afraid of some moron guy, appears four already. Making her life miserable, with notes, innuendo, what have you. Moreover, that nothing can be done until he physically attacks, abuses, kills her. That said, means they'd have to catch the as*hole after the freiken' fact.

See way to much of this crap reported, where some moron guy stalks a female TV, or film celeb, for reason only his pee brain conceives.

She probably makes decent coin, might look into buying two bad a*s trained dogs, who will love you, and will kill anyone who comes into her home at 3:00AM uninvited. She'll sleep well. And no, these well trained doggies will not mess with her friends, or anyone else. When having a party, if she's concerned, lock them up, with her having the only key.

Or, hire a bad ass body guard, who is trained to stalk the stalker, amongst other tings. Then let him deal with this as*hole, in his way, she plays Sergeant Shultz, she sees, hears, knows nothing!

A few bucks, and time later, her non TV life, will be all nice, and cuddly once again.

Jayne April 17 2014 at 7:02 PM

It's very sad that stalkers aren't just locked up. Period. Why should Lisa Robertson or any other person have to live in constant fear? Our society tolerates bad behavior WAY too often.

icolec2 April 17 2014 at 9:10 PM

With all her money, why doesn't she hire a 24 hr. body guard?

smiles41 April 17 2014 at 6:08 PM

Nothing is more dangerous than a focused maniac. And it would appear law enforcement can do little UNTIL...some law is "broken". I dont blame Ms Robertson for being constantly alert and aware of her surroundings. It is a shame that anyone must lIve in our country so full of fear and foreboding and trepidation. The sad thing is that SHE must incur the cost of a bodyguard to stay protected.

Shadow! April 17 2014 at 7:05 PM

carry a small pistol 38 derringer wth bird shot in it!

Chickiepoo Shadow! April 17 2014 at 7:15 PM

ONLY....if that bird shot is...."hollow point".......

cb523 Shadow! April 17 2014 at 7:51 PM

Nope! Nice 9mm in her purse, and one in the glove compartment and several more around her home......she doesn't have children, and don't hesitate to use it! Don't even consider a taser, go with a nice, solid bullet.

nutsietoo cb523 April 17 2014 at 8:08 PM

Yes but don't rule out tasers...I have a friend who is an expert and she is very confident with hers.

Flag +2 rate up