QVC host reveals frightening struggle with stalking

QVC Host Reveals Frightening Struggle with Stalking

QVC queen Lisa Robertson revealed a frightening and deeply personal inner struggle on "Good Morning America."

"Robertson is known for her warm, bubbly personality and making viewers feel like they know her, but she says, over the years, some have taken that much too far."

"I lock myself in my house everyday," she reportedly wrote.

The personable former beauty queen is best known as a beauty expert and the host of her own show on QVC.

Despite her happy persona, Robertson has been fighting a deeply personal battle. The Daily Local News obtained court documents from her fourth and most recent stalker case in December 2013. She said,

'I check my alarm constantly. It is on when I am home. I watch my rear view mirror when I go home at night and take different routs [sic] if I think anyone might be following me. If there is a sound at night I lay awake wondering. I haven't felt safe in a long time.'

HLN reports four people who have stalked the former beauty queen have been convicted over the past few years.

Robertson's most recent stalker not only went to her home, but also followed her to a movie theater where he sat so close he could 'smell the popcorn she was eating.'

One man sent Robertson more than 30 gifts totaling roughly $3,400. Another had two boxes of engagement and wedding rings strapped to his chest when he was arrested. Yet another sent Robertson emails and thought she was telling him he loved her on-air.

Upon hearing the news, fans everywhere took to Robertson's Facebook page to share well wishes.

One user wrote, 'You are always so cheerful and I enjoy your shows. I am so sorry to hear about your personal struggles. Wishing you the best for a resolution to the problem.'

Despite her stalker trouble, Robertson told ABC she truly enjoys the connection she has with viewers.

hokanut April 17 2014 at 9:32 PM

Got ammo?

nookiebuns April 17 2014 at 4:07 PM

It would be scary to not know will someone attack me? will someone follow me home? It's a very scary situation for her. Many celebrities go through this. Mentally ill people are out there, to have such a strong fascination about a celebrity or tv person happens quite often. I remember the young girl who was on a tv show shot at her front door. I feel badly for her. It takes a lot to get someone to take this seriously and do something about it.

sociopath1957 nookiebuns April 17 2014 at 6:28 PM

So true and A for you

jimmy sociopath1957 April 18 2014 at 1:33 AM

don't agree with me you idiot

Flag 0 rate up
Chickiepoo nookiebuns April 17 2014 at 7:55 PM

RE: your statement:
" I remember the young girl who was on a tv show shot at her front door. "

YEP.....that young woman was Rebecca Schaeffer. She was murdered by her "stalker" in
July 1989. He had been stalking her for 3 years. He knocked on her apartment door and
when she opened it....he shot her. She was on the show..."My Sister Sam".....

HER stalking and death is what prompted California's......"anti-stalking laws".....

Bird n Sheb April 17 2014 at 9:41 PM

Regardless of how people view her personality , she does not deserve to feel unsafe and be in danger. Heartfelt prayers for the Good Lord to protect her!! She is very pretty and I think it is probably hard to be a good looking, popular TV personality as a menagerie of characters are going to be fans. I think Vector's house in Despicable Me is a good security system to aim for!! A pool of sharks in the living room under the coffee table. . . .

frehrdware April 17 2014 at 9:58 PM

My wife had a stalker while I was stationed in Germany,my dad had a few friendscatch him,calling the police wasn't necessary, wishing you the best and stay safe, never go out alone, take a male friend or be in a group

Brenda Fay April 17 2014 at 10:23 PM

the most important thing my Mother EVER taught me was,... if you feel you are being followed,..... drive right straight to the nearest POLICE STATION!!!!!! best advise EVER!!!!

suaklus Brenda Fay April 18 2014 at 10:14 AM

I have done the same thing.

fanzojr April 17 2014 at 10:23 PM

Attracting wierdos at a bar or a store or wherever who don't know how to take a hint to get lost is totally different than a completely insane stalker who thinks your in love with them and they refuse to leave you alone and you fear for your safety..hope you can find and get some peace Ms. Robertson... Stay strong

Sunny April 17 2014 at 10:41 PM

Nuts are everywhere. I even collected a stalker in church.

salblossom April 17 2014 at 10:51 PM

LISA! You need 2 Chesapeake Retreavers! I rescued a 5 year old female and the 3rd night @ 1045, while passing through the entry on our way to bed, she looked into the living rm and charged the glass sliding door. I ran over opened it and she took off barking the bestest bark in security, and charge after the person. I heard the foot beat of someone and then by the gate I heard a, "oh, hell" comment from the peaking tom or female. I waited for the police, but evidently the purv didn't want to report the incident. I went down the hall and unloaded my gun and slept the most peaceful sleep since my husband had died. I wanted to change her name to machine gun, but thought better of it.
The breed, as she was, needs a stern, loving owner, they are able to learn. They are a very smart dog. I mean smart, sometimes I think I should give her an encyclopedia or something. She was unruly when I got her, but loving beyond the moon. I did as Cesear Milan taught as the dog whisperer and with in days I had control of her. I had another intruder and she almost took his arm off and it was in broad daylight. He didn't report it either. So I am assuming he has some sex pervert or on probation. I living in a very nice neighborhood, so I guess the evil can move about and we never know when they will target us. BUT, I now think of the day my cheesy will die, so I will find another in a couple of years. She hated cats when she arrived, but she now is gentle and protective of all her pack, me, a bichion, an older cat and a new cat-Bandit. Bandit purrs up to her and rubs her and grabs for chessy's tail and Bandit is still alive……lol. Bichion is a watch dog and between the 2 dogs they signal and make aware any and all changes in their environment. They love to go for a ride in the car. Tag team-they are.

trixfoxx salblossom April 18 2014 at 5:53 AM

Please have your grandchildren write out your "stories" for you. You ramble on like you've gone off your meds.

jimmy salblossom April 18 2014 at 9:42 AM

bestest, throw away your keyboard

salblossom April 17 2014 at 11:02 PM

LISA! Cheapeake Bay Retreaver. I am 72 and female and if I can train this wonderful, determined female dog, you can. It is worth it. She may be strong willed, but she never complains about her food, etc. Love my dog.

Dina April 17 2014 at 9:33 PM

My goodness they cannot even get her name right Lisa Robertson NOT LISA ROBERTS! GEESH