Pope Francis gives two 11-year-olds a ride

Pope Francis Gives A Ride To 5th Graders

Pope Francis put his popemobile to good use Sunday - giving a ride to two 11-year-olds around St. Peters Square.

He was making his way through a big crowd after his Palm Sunday mass, when he hopped out and posed for some pictures - selfies, of course.

He greeted a group of fifth graders, then offered the kids a ride around the square and of course they couldn't turn it down.

One of the boys told the Associated Press it was the ride of a lifetime.

We'd like to hitch a ride with his holiness on a number of wheels:

Like his Harley Davidson, which recently sold for a whopping $327,000 at a charity auction.

And this stylish vintage Renault 4 given to him by a priest.

david.konen April 16 2014 at 4:48 PM

Well, what CAN I say! I think this WAS the ONLY chance (of a lifetime) these young boys had to ride in the Pope's "Popemobile".

jixinz April 16 2014 at 4:17 PM

This man rocks!!! It's about time that someone took the bull by the horns to show the world what it's all about. I saw recently that he met with our very own President Obama and read that there were two different accounts of how the visit went. I'm betting that it isn't his Holiness's account that wasn't correct. This man is the ultimate in what a Christian is all about.

ivoryfresh April 16 2014 at 4:36 PM

I love this! As a born and raised Catholic, I have to say that Pope Francis is the ONLY Pope I've ever felt a connection with. God bless this man and I pray others will learn from him.

david.konen ivoryfresh April 16 2014 at 4:49 PM

If NOT, then DAMN their lives!

robmeier April 16 2014 at 1:52 PM

I would have liked the story a lot more if I hadn't been forced to watch the same stupid cat food commercial over and over again. I don't even have a cat.

mramirez258 April 16 2014 at 3:51 PM

thir going to be some real honist changes with this new pope

saphilo mramirez258 April 16 2014 at 4:22 PM

Get yourself a dictionary!!!

zrsz1 saphilo April 16 2014 at 4:28 PM

how long did it take you to look up the proper spelling of dickchunary?, you guys who criticize misspellings kill me. people are typing away giving opinions and comments, they're not taking a test.

Flag +4 rate up
david.konen mramirez258 April 16 2014 at 4:53 PM

now, ain't THAT a fact!

sworth5487 April 16 2014 at 4:02 PM

Gotta love this guy!

Celticdremr April 16 2014 at 3:49 PM

This guy is surreal. Never has their been a Pope like him in my recall and he's got gigantic shoes for future Popes to fill. I hope he lives forever. I'm sure he'll be canonized.

alspoolhall April 16 2014 at 12:36 PM

Finally a pope who has plenty of common sense and kindness and the courage of his convictions, etc., etc., etc. When those 'in charge' do the right thing, everyone benefits in some way.

Per Bailey alspoolhall April 16 2014 at 1:32 PM

alspoolhall believes ...."When those 'in charge' do the right thing, everyone benefits in some way."

Read that the Vatican is the world's last absolute monarchy. Pope Francis answers to no one.

He, Pope Francis, is a kind, full of wonder man. It is time for this monarch, and all other leaders of the world to recognize the fact that overconsumption by the wealthy is a severe environmental problem, and is matched only by human population growth.

We ARE disfiguring the Earth's forests, air, water, soils, and climate.

If this good man and all men and women in power love our home, it's biodiversity, and want the very best for future generations of humans, of all life, we will control what needs to be controlled.

mjrood Per Bailey April 16 2014 at 2:23 PM

How can you say he answer to no one. He answers to God!

Flag 0 rate up
mfg.mojave Per Bailey April 16 2014 at 2:42 PM

And how much of this over consumption do you take part in?

Flag +1 rate up
Tom April 16 2014 at 1:18 PM

I am not Catholic and I Love this Man, truly a spiritual leader. A man for everyone. God Bless

sawfingers Tom April 16 2014 at 2:38 PM

I'm Catholic and my family does love him. We also love Billy Graham, the Dalai Lama and all who just reach across barriers. They're few and far between-these people of goodness.

David S. sawfingers April 16 2014 at 4:07 PM

I think history will judge Billy Graham differently, but just one man's opinon.......

Flag 0 rate up
porterscottages April 16 2014 at 1:00 PM

if we ever needed a leader--IT IS NOW! good to see this pope reaching people. here in america the liberal mindset has done everything possible to drive god out of our lives---the more they drive god out ----the more morally bereft we have become. we need a moral guide--maybe, just maybe this man is the answer.

Per Bailey porterscottages April 16 2014 at 2:05 PM

One totally concurs with Albert Einstein in that we desperately need a moral leader.

Who? In 1935 Albert Einstein told us.........."Albert Schweitzer is a great figure who bids for the moral leadership of the world."

And nearly 20 years later, Einstein told all,..........." Albert Schweitzer is the ONLY Westerner who has had a moral effect on this generation of human beings comparable to Gandhi's."

REVERENCE FOR LIFE......porterscottages ALL LIFE