Missing Neb. boy found in stuffed animal machine

Missing Neb. Boy Found In Stuffed Animal Claw Machine

A 3-year-old Nebraska boy is now safe after somehow crawling his way into a stuffed animal claw machine at a bowling alley across the street from his family's apartment Monday night. WOWT reports the boy's 24-year-old mother called police, telling them her son got out of an unlocked door in their Lincoln apartment while she was in the bathroom. Somehow he got to the bowling alley.

KMTV points out 3-year-old Kael Ireland was able to somehow make his way through the machine's small opening and crawl up inside to play with some of the toys.

Some witnesses got cellphone video before the machine's vendor was able to get the key to free the boy. The vendor told KOLN it's difficult for kids to pull off what Kael was able to do Monday night.

"The cranes are built so that kids can't get in there and steal items. ... He wasn't hurt, and the parents were glad we got him out of there."

This isn't the first time this has happened. Back in August, this video showed a crowd of people gathering around the machine as a young boy was stuck inside. Employees at the bowling alley quickly unlocked the door and let the boy out.

And in 2012, The Huffington Post reported a 3-year-old boy in Australia wound up in a vending machine and started handing out stuffed animals to strangers nearby. He also made it out safely.

Kael was not hurt in Monday's incident. The vendor gave him a stuffed animal from the machine to take home. As for Kael's mother, police say she won't be cited because they don't suspect neglect in this case.

lneslusan April 16 2014 at 6:13 PM

I really thi nk he is too heavey for that crane..it might take more than 50cents to get him. hehe

nichesound April 16 2014 at 8:43 PM

Not the first time this has happened...really is this new....news

nichesound April 16 2014 at 8:43 PM

This is rediculous. Latch that thing. When someone wins, hello...it unlatches and it falls out!

shindogdiggity88 April 16 2014 at 12:28 PM

Did he find Buzz and Woody in there?

douttfire shindogdiggity88 April 16 2014 at 12:48 PM

I bet he was looking!

hollell2 shindogdiggity88 April 16 2014 at 12:52 PM

I thought of toy story right away...little green martians :)

chvol April 16 2014 at 8:27 PM

The problem was, when they tried to pick him up to get him out, the little claws just slid off him and don't really pick things up. I've always had that problem myself.

papabudlight April 16 2014 at 8:26 PM

That boy gets what he want's. He will make a great polititian.

Chris Claymont April 16 2014 at 8:17 PM

lol, he was dreaming about those toys since the last time he was at the bowling ally.. Glad he is ok, safer locked in there than roaming the street I suppose.

Penny April 16 2014 at 2:34 PM

Some of you must not have children if you think that they can't do things like this. You turn your back on them for a minute and the little Houdini's can do all kinds of things that you wouldn't think possible. I'm glad he was found and that he's back home safe & sound.

riverwishin April 16 2014 at 7:22 PM

I guess there is one thing we know for sure...he wanted that stuffed animal. In my opinion since the child got past all "the safeguards" put in place to have this not happen should win him the prize!

shindogdiggity88 April 16 2014 at 5:40 PM

A pretty effective parenting technique that my mother used on me, and that I'm currently using on my child, is to make your child think (keyword "THINK") that you're watching them at all times.

In order to do that, you need to hide in the shadows and spy on your little ones, so when they do something they're not supposed to, you jump out and discipline them accordingly.

As a child I used to think that my mom had eyes on the back of her head, so I didn't even bother going through the trouble of getting into things I wasn't supposed to, because it wasn't worth getting busted all the time.