Fox News reporter Megyn Kelly attacks Jenny McCarthy

Megyn Kelly Rips Apart Jenny McCarthy

Autism activist and vaccine opponent, Jenny McCarthy, is doing a 180 on her views on vaccines.

McCarthy claims she's pro-vaccine, but she's cited them, specifically the toxins that some of them contain, as the cause of her son's own autism.

Fox News host Megyn Kelly and contributor Dana Loesch were shocked by McCarthy's sudden change and spoke passionately about the effect her original preachings as well as her stance reversal is having.

'If you're not against vaccinations you don't say things like, well, if we're going to stay in line for autism or measles we'll stay in line for measles because you're presupposing that all vaccinations are triggering autism which - you know, you're entitled to our own opinion but not your own set of facts! Science is disputing this. So this is a really serious issue and, Megyn, I know you have little ones. I have kids as well I don't want to be looked as a bad mother if there's junk science that comes out one day to the next about vaccinations. All I know, is that when I have a question about vaccination schedules I'll go to my pediatrician who has studied this!"

Kelly also noted that most of McCarthy's opposition is to the toxins in vaccines, but pointed out that McCarthy doesn't have a problem with some other toxins, like Botox and e-cigarettes.

'This is the same woman promoting e-cigarettes. You're inhaling nicotine into your body, if you want to talk about toxins! She's a big supporter of getting botox. Those are one of the most deadliest things you can inject in your body. She's for those toxins so I'm not sure where she draws the line on that. You're right. she has a position of influence and it is wrong,' Loesch says.

Kelly says McCarthy is only making pediatricians' jobs harder. 'She has such a high-profile,' Kelly said. 'She raised a lot of people's fears about this!'

Peter Brown April 17 2014 at 12:09 PM

It appears that autism starts in the womb, a time when very few children have been vaccinated. You could just as easily say that autism is caused by pablum because the symptoms of autism start to appear around the same time as the child transitions to more solid foods. Even the criminal doctor who concocted that whole vaccine/autism scam in order to sue the drug companies has recanted and is now living in the US making millions on his murderous scam. Lancet, the British publication that published the original article has withdrawn the story and the doctor was stripped of his right to practice. Check out http://tallguywrites.livejournal.com/148012.html
It's a comic book that explains the whole sad story in a form simple enough for Hollywood stars and religious nuts to understand. Murdering your child be denying him or her access to modern day medicines is really not a great option.

erin Peter Brown April 17 2014 at 12:38 PM

Well, Peter, you had me interested until you had to throw in your "religious nuts" comment. Really? Just couldn't resist throwing out your insulting opinion?

dfoster April 17 2014 at 11:32 AM

McCarthy is only known for two things, and neither one is her intelligence. EVERY study has shown her beliefs on vaccines are false, but she so desperately wants something external to blame for he child's autism that even overwhelming evidence and proof are not sufficient to change her mind.

AKGERRY April 17 2014 at 11:30 AM

Since when is a spirited disagreement an attack? Kelly just took issue with Jenneys former
stance and present change of opinion.

tny53 April 17 2014 at 5:57 AM

I think Jenny and Courtney Stodden should team up and have their own talk show...LMAO

lornaduwn April 17 2014 at 11:28 AM

Attack? I watched this video expecting to see Megyn Kelly loose it during an interview with Jenny McCarthy. Kelly is usually level headed, and tells it like it is. When a guest, contradicts themselves or makes an outrageous statement, she will call them out with very critical, yet accurate statements. What the "attack" turned out to be was Kelly and a guest discussing McCarthy's statements on vaccinations. Kelly, like any good reporter, simply pointed out the hypocrisy of objecting to toxins in vaccines while she supports E-cigarettes and Botox. She also pointed out that McCarthy, although stating many other possible reasons autism and that she is now supposedly pro-vaccine, still maintains that she believes the toxins in vaccines play a part as a trigger. Kelly points out that her celebrity status as a parent of a child with autism leads confused parents to ignore medical studies and opt out of the vaccinations that she now supposedly supports.

There is no "attack" here, but rather, good, tell it like it is reporting.

But then again, maybe there is an attack...on Megyn Kelly for daring to be critical in the face of hypocrisy!

Jim April 17 2014 at 6:01 AM

You think silcone might have somehting to do with autism?

avrt April 17 2014 at 6:40 AM

I would hardly label that as an attack.

alfredschrader April 17 2014 at 5:54 PM

My mom didn't know she was pregnant with me, so she smoked and drank. As a result I was born under weight - I turned out okay. I joined the US Olympic Weightlifting team in 2,005 and graduated from public school in 10-1/2 years starting college at grade 11.
I can't see where anything in a vaccine could cause autism, but booze and smoking or anything else used during pregnancy, that I can tell you from experience is a factor.

jokermarionbanjo April 17 2014 at 11:11 AM

I think Donnie Wahlberg is terrific on Blue Bloods but what in the world does he see in someone as ditzy as this woman is. A brain would make her dangerous.

VIET NAM 65 April 17 2014 at 7:21 AM

WHAT EVER ITS CAUSES,I WOULD SAY ITS MAN MADE.SOME 3RD WORLD COUNTRYS DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM,MERCURY IS THE PROBLEM. SAM