Fox News reporter Megyn Kelly attacks Jenny McCarthy

Megyn Kelly Rips Apart Jenny McCarthy

Autism activist and vaccine opponent, Jenny McCarthy, is doing a 180 on her views on vaccines.

McCarthy claims she's pro-vaccine, but she's cited them, specifically the toxins that some of them contain, as the cause of her son's own autism.

Fox News host Megyn Kelly and contributor Dana Loesch were shocked by McCarthy's sudden change and spoke passionately about the effect her original preachings as well as her stance reversal is having.

'If you're not against vaccinations you don't say things like, well, if we're going to stay in line for autism or measles we'll stay in line for measles because you're presupposing that all vaccinations are triggering autism which - you know, you're entitled to our own opinion but not your own set of facts! Science is disputing this. So this is a really serious issue and, Megyn, I know you have little ones. I have kids as well I don't want to be looked as a bad mother if there's junk science that comes out one day to the next about vaccinations. All I know, is that when I have a question about vaccination schedules I'll go to my pediatrician who has studied this!"

Kelly also noted that most of McCarthy's opposition is to the toxins in vaccines, but pointed out that McCarthy doesn't have a problem with some other toxins, like Botox and e-cigarettes.

'This is the same woman promoting e-cigarettes. You're inhaling nicotine into your body, if you want to talk about toxins! She's a big supporter of getting botox. Those are one of the most deadliest things you can inject in your body. She's for those toxins so I'm not sure where she draws the line on that. You're right. she has a position of influence and it is wrong,' Loesch says.

Kelly says McCarthy is only making pediatricians' jobs harder. 'She has such a high-profile,' Kelly said. 'She raised a lot of people's fears about this!'

blueeyessing April 17 2014 at 11:41 AM

"She's a big supporter of getting botox. "

********************

Amen to that...some people get so much botox it leaks into other parts of their faces and bodies....we do not know the long-term effects of years of cosmetic usage.

kristnoplis blueeyessing April 17 2014 at 11:56 AM

True. We have more "science" done on these vaccines.

BLESSED April 17 2014 at 5:25 AM

s usual, Huffington over reacts! I am sure if it were Rachel from MSNBC, the head line would read "Rachel Challenges McCarthy On Use Of Pro-Vaccine" ! And so it goes...

jokermarionbanjo April 17 2014 at 11:11 AM

I think Donnie Wahlberg is terrific on Blue Bloods but what in the world does he see in someone as ditzy as this woman is. A brain would make her dangerous.

tny53 April 17 2014 at 5:57 AM

I think Jenny and Courtney Stodden should team up and have their own talk show...LMAO

anidee9 April 17 2014 at 12:25 PM

I think entertainers are just that ..... entertainers. They are no more informed than you or me. In many cases that I've heard, they don't know anything about the topic that they are shooting their mouth off about.(ex: Rosie O'Donnel) The bad part is that they have a huge forum that they use to persuade people who are star struck and will follow their advice.....good or bad. With information so readily available today, it is very sad to think that people will rely on a "celebrity" to give them advice.

Jim April 17 2014 at 6:01 AM

You think silcone might have somehting to do with autism?

acebullies April 17 2014 at 11:10 AM

We have the three autistic children. A twenty year old daughter and identical twin boys. We withheld the boys vaccinations because of their sister's autism. Both my sons are autistic and more moderately so.
It seems to me that everyone is hoping for some miracle cure. If the autistic brain develops wrong and it is developed in womb, then how can it be cured or fixed?!? Autistic brains have millions more cells that make up their frontal lobes than a "normal" person. I believe these children, my children, can be taught to conform to society norms, within reason, but their brains ARE PHYSICALLY DIFFERENT. I personally feel that this difference is caused by an environmentally genetic mutation. However, that it happens at conception, not from vaccines. Just my two cents from 20 years experience!!

Mitch acebullies April 17 2014 at 11:17 AM

It may be an advantageous adaptation in the future. Some autistic kids are brilliant. I think that many of the "savants" of the past may have been autistic.

bettysue113098 April 17 2014 at 1:08 PM

JENNY MCCARTHY SEEMS TO BE ONLY SPEAKING ABOUT HER SON. EVERY DARN CASE IS SO DIFFERENT. MY SON IS A AUTISTIC TEENAGER HE NEVER HAD NOT ONE REACTION TO ANY VACCINATION HE DID GET. IF HE HAD I WOULD NOT HAVE CONTINUED THEM BUT WHERE WELIVE SCHOOLS ARE MAKING SOME OF THEM MANDATORY TO ATTEND THEM. THATS WHERE HE GETS THE BEST SERVICES THAT HELP HIM. I REALLY AGREE WITH PEDIATRICIANS AND THEY DO AGREE THAT AUTISM CAN STEM FROM DNA COMPONENT. I DONT BELIEVE ITS FROM ANYTHING ELSE. I MEAN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO SEND YOUR CHILD BACK CAUSE HE IS A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD. NO YOU WOULD DO THAT. IF SHE WANTS TO SPEAK OUT ON THAT THAT IS HER CHOICE TO DO THAT BUT SHE SHOULD ONLY BE TALKING ABOUT HER SONS SITUATION. SHE DOESNT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSES SITUATION. JUST HER OPINION.

larry April 17 2014 at 1:11 PM

Take anything a celebrity says with a grain of salt. Celebrities get paid to say and sell things.

lewmanbubba larry April 17 2014 at 1:32 PM

Larry so do the politians

avrt April 17 2014 at 6:40 AM

I would hardly label that as an attack.