Jermaine Jackson shuts down 'Wife Swap' after hoarding intervention

Jermaine Jackson Shuts Down 'Wife Swap' After Hoarding Intervention

On the season premiere of "Celebrity Wife Swap," Jermaine Jackson and Daniel Baldwin swapped wives for a week.

While Daniel and Jermaine's wife, Halima, seemed to get along, it was a different story for Jermaine and Daniel Baldwin's ex, Isabella. Why? Jermaine's OCD tendencies and his obvious hoarding problem, at least with fashion items like clothing, shoes, and cologne. Isabella did everything she could to get Jermaine to let go of some of his clothing, but he wasn't having it.

ISABELLA: "You're a shopaholic and it's crowding everyone out. There's no other way right now."
JERMAINE: "It ain't gonna happen."
ISABELLA: "It's gotta happen."
JERMAINE: "It ain't gonna happen."
ISABELLA: "It's my rules."
JERMAINE: "Nobody is gonna touch my clothes."

After the argument, he locked himself in his room and refused to continue with the production of the show.

With some major persuasion, producers were able to get Jermaine to participate in the round table discussion. But when the time came to give an update on how the Jackson family was doing after filming, it was revealed that the Jacksons cut off all communication with production, and refused to provide an update to viewers. Though, Jermaine did say that he wouldn't do "Celebrity Wife Swap" again. His exact words were, "... never in a billion years."

Fans on Facebook were pretty disgusted with how spoiled Jermaine was -- calling him a baby and a diva.

Fans on Twitter agreed, saying that not only was he spoiled, but he was in denial of his hoarding problem, and not open to change.

Laila Ali, Larry Birkhead and Eric Roberts will likely bring even more drama to the show when their episodes air in the coming weeks.

tott 1 April 16 2014 at 8:55 PM

He is a NEVER has been... Clung to Micheal's shirt tails. No Talent... Has been or Never Was

rayser711 April 16 2014 at 11:14 AM

Those Jackson kids are messed up........Its tough to tell the rich celebrities what to do.They are used to being surrounded by yes men !

nannymel April 16 2014 at 11:14 AM

Jermaine is pretty creepy. I don't think I could be in the same room with him, let alone sleep in the same house.

sallylrp April 16 2014 at 8:43 PM

I don't usually respond to these things but I saw the show last night. I saw Jermaine being the same as he has been for years. He has been on many shows talking about Michael Jackson before and after his death. After all his interviews, he has said nothing. He is only trying to capitalize on his past fame as well as riding on Michael's . Not surprising he didn't follow up for the after show. He got his 5 minutes of fame. Done. What's next. I do feel sorry for his lovely wife. Maybe this show was her cry for help?

Leo sallylrp April 16 2014 at 8:50 PM

Sorry you watched the show> : (

npaleorelic sallylrp April 16 2014 at 8:58 PM

His whole entire "fame" was singing and dancing around in the background behind Michael. He's a wanna' be

kecraig03 April 16 2014 at 11:15 AM

Someone needs to intervene and take the black hair dye away from him. Let it go!!!!!

budcigs1226 April 16 2014 at 8:38 PM

I would love to see Jermaine fall from grace. No way anybody need all those clothes. Some homeless shelter could use some of the clothes for someone in need maybe to dress up and look for a job.. He was shelfish. He should remember he was poor once. He don't like for no one to touch him WOW maybe he need someone to touch that hair style. It look a mess. Maybe one day he will no what it is not to have. I was tolally disappointed in Jermaine, this is one fan I have erase him from my list of people that I liked in the entertainment world.

Betty Wollman budcigs1226 April 16 2014 at 8:57 PM

It would help cure him if he would try to be generous and give away some of his clothes to help another. It would help fill the void he feels in himself he tries to fill with all of his possessions.

aleglavrho April 16 2014 at 11:20 AM

This went a little to far. This man feels these items are "memories" and he is not ready to let go of them. Coming from a poor family myself (not having much growing up) he values what he has worked for all his life and the period of time each item came into his life. Seeing it and touching it makes him happy. It may be the loss of a family member, a better period in his life or his youth but they mean a lot to him. Shame on everyone for pushing him this far. My goodness, it is not like the man had old soda bottles and trash, let him keep his valuable items!

tj92099 aleglavrho April 16 2014 at 11:44 AM

Want to bet that he can't even remember where half of those clothes came from?

aurora381 April 16 2014 at 11:20 AM

OMG... besides that..... what is that he's using to color in his "hair". LOL! Reminds me of NJ Housewives Husband Joe Gorga!

spdy65 April 16 2014 at 11:21 AM

So what's wrong with liking to shop? If he can afford his little habit it's not hurting anyone.

up.yours spdy65 April 16 2014 at 11:34 AM

Considering his roots, perhaps he should GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY.

ajul04 up.yours April 16 2014 at 11:43 AM

what do roots got to do with it?????

Flag +1 rate up
carlalute spdy65 April 16 2014 at 11:51 AM

There's nothing wrong with liking to shop. But shopping can become an addiction like anything else. I only caught a tiny part of the episode and make no judgments. But I do have a family member who's a shopaholic, and it does cause problems for that person and those close to them. The person I know is aware of their problem and making some effort to get control of it, but it's difficult when their friend continue to encourage them to shop for things they don't need and don't have space for. In Jackson's case, his using a room or two in a big house as a closet doesn't concern me, particularly if his wife is okay with that, but storing clothes on the landing sounds like it might be creeping towards a safety hazard.

bogeydog17 April 16 2014 at 11:13 AM