Heartwarming Soldier Reunion At Phoenix Suns Game

Heartwarming Soldier Reunion At Phoenix Suns Game

A heartwarming father-son reunion during a Phoenix Suns game brought cheering fans to their feet.

Army National Guard Spc. Jamie Bledsoe had just finished his first tour in Afghanistan and hadn't seen his eight-year-old son Logan in nearly 10 months.

"Logan Bledsoe was blindfolded during a timeout. Now, he thought he was supposed to follow the cheers of the crowd to meet the team's mascot, but instead he found his dad."

The reunion was quite a tearjerker. Bledsoe was both surprised and pleased with his son's reaction.

"It feels great. It worked out perfectly, and I didn't expect that much of a reaction from him ... but it was good."

While Bledsoe was overseas, he says he tried his hardest to stay in contact with his family through Skype and letters. But, as you can imagine, Logan missed his dad.

"It's been really hard."

According to KTVK, the two watched the rest of the Suns game together, and have a lot of activities planned for this upcoming week because it also happens to be Logan's spring break.

SAL April 16 2014 at 10:48 PM

My husband was in the Veit&Korean time.He serviced his country for over 20 years.now has so many health problems.but ,I bring him back from the nursing homes when they have done all they can until something else goes wrong HE IS A HERO.he was only 18 yrs.s old when he went in he enlisted.His son followed at the same age and retired at 39 with diability.my hubby now only remembers those years.He is pround when in a good frme of mine.love is grand.

tobiashny SAL April 16 2014 at 11:52 PM

I thank your husband and your son for their service to keep our country free. How sad it is that comments like the one exitscreaming made about your post. It is apparent they never had a loved one serve over seas, My husband spent a year and half as a truck drive in Iraq and has permanent hearing damage along with PSTD. So once again I thank your husband and son for their service and I thank my husband for his service . Let us all keep broadcasting these wonderful unthankful services that our service personnel give to us unselfishly, Thank you all and god bless you all.

Joanie April 16 2014 at 6:19 PM

i hate the way these people tell you about he video instead of letting us see it for ourselves,tehy show a few seconds but not the main story thier voices are annoying also

circlebprod Joanie April 16 2014 at 9:37 PM

Joanie I agree with you 100%, it's the same with parades, like macys and rose bowl parade, these kids practice for many hours, and you see them about 10 seconds then back to celebrities that we see all the time on TV

tcwaterland April 16 2014 at 12:00 PM

As a veteran I enjoy these reunions.....the news is full of death & destruction.....IE..recent stabbing at a school...female kills 6 infants and the list never ends. :(

capttcwhittaker April 16 2014 at 11:41 AM

Could not have said it better!

aprilcruzee April 16 2014 at 11:38 AM

I know the struggle both the child and the parent endure during our service to our country. I had strangers taking pictures at the airport of my daughter and I hugging at the bottom of an escalator after my flight home to be there for her 10th birthday. Long hugs and tears are when all you are grateful for is in your arms... a moment too many people take for granted. A fantastic gift for everyone involved, especially SPC Bledsoe and his son. Thanks to the Phoenix Suns franchise!
USARMY veteran PFC Cruz. Shout out to Fort Huachuca, AZ!

jliz862525 aprilcruzee April 16 2014 at 12:58 PM

THANK YOU aprilcruzee for your service! There are more of us that are so grateful to you than you may know.

hey April 16 2014 at 11:32 AM

I wish hat all our soldiers would come home safe, I know we need a strong armed forces to protect our country but I am tired of our people coming home in coffins or maimed to protect some other country, let their young be killed not ours. it is time to start caring about this country , we are on a downward slide to ruin, we owe morethan we can ever pay. it is time to close the borders kick out al the illegals, if they are here illegaly it is becase they could not give a damn about our laws if you came legaly an our now sponging off my country shi them back, tell all these sponging countries we are not sending any more money to them , use that money to start paying the Chinese what we owe them. this crap of bringing in students and giving them free education is stupid , educate our own first, if it takes a revolution to scare the politicans so be it, let them run for the hills but lets take our country back from idiots and crooks both dem. and reb.

kimcrdr April 16 2014 at 11:30 AM

I never get tired of seeing the coming home suprises, this one definitely was a tear jerker for sure!! Thank you for your service Mr. Bledsoe!!

Liz's Computer April 16 2014 at 11:23 AM

Any time a soldier comes home should be BIG news no matter how its done. Its defintely better to suprise your son, daughter, wife, mother, father dressed up as a mascot or a football player etc, instead of in a flag drapped coffin. If your tired of reading or hearing about it, keep scrolling.

catrn7 April 16 2014 at 11:16 AM

Awesome

rlowney April 16 2014 at 11:09 AM

I was at the game it was great to see. They were doing all sorts of fan appreciation stunts during time outs but this one really took it! Happy moment! Yup there were tears.